Who have experienced characer loss?

nameless

Personally I minimize character transfer and have never experienced character loss, but I would like to know what should I do if that happen.

What is usually the probability of character loss for each transfer?

If a request is submitted in support, will the character be recovered?

If so, how long will it take? Will the Tek grams, Ascensions, Experience points, and Imprints of this characters be recovered? (If there is proof that this character has them)

There's no real # on probability that we could get.  WC could probably get a # on that.  Things that increase the chances of it happening:  the act of transferring,  a server rollback on the target server occuring just after transfer, or a roll back that is significant enough on the server that your character is on after having transferred servers at least 1x in it's history.  I'm not sure what else, but there's probably more. 

After that, It's really all about - do you need to transfer characters all the time to do what you are doing?  You have the power to create alternate family accounts that could be used to park 2 characters on one server and make the more disposable character do all the transferring.  If you limit the # of transfers you complete, you will lower your chances of losing your characters.  You can't eliminate the possibility though, transferring will always have a risk.  Maybe one day they'll implement some secondary backup on characters transfered in so that a rollback will put your character back into the cloud instead of losing it.

I dont know how long it will take.  But I can say that chances are you will lose your animals that aren’t in cryo.   Scheduling an appointment time can take a week or a few days.  Just depends on the workload.

i would keep an implant leftover from a recent dead body in storage.  That can prove your ascension and the list of defeated bosses for engrams.   They can restore imprints, you will need the animals out and ready to go when the appointment occurs.  You simply roll a new character and then they can put you back in tribe if you can’t do it and lvl your character up to the level you were.  Not sure if they can ascend you.  Might just be up to lvl 105.

good practice to keep a backup account so that u don’t lose control of your stuff when that happens.

I lost 3 130+ characters in the beginning of this year from a patch where WC had to roll the servers back because the patch was so bad.

23 hours ago, nameless said:

Personally I minimize character transfer and have never experienced character loss, but I would like to know what should I do if that happen.

What is usually the probability of character loss for each transfer?

If a request is submitted in support, will the character be recovered?

If so, how long will it take? Will the Tek grams, Ascensions, Experience points, and Imprints of this characters be recovered? (If there is proof that this character has them)

Only way to minimize character loss is dont transfer it off, create a new toon for every server you play on only transfer it off to do the bosses and then leave it on (insert server). If it does happen put in a ticket right away explaining what happened and a SS of the lost toon with the implant.

There is no way to predict the probability of loosing a toon.

As far as how long on a submitted ticket like it was said in an earlier post depends on work load but also how the ticket is filed if you select the wrong category that compounds the response time.  The character will not be recovered you'll have to create a new one, and when the GM shows up for the appointment they will transfer ownership if you were the owner and the imprinted dino's from the old toon to the new toon.  All the imprinted dino's from the old toon will have to be out of cyro pods for the imprinted dino's to be transferred over.

Some tek grams, no ascensions so you will have to do Overseer/tek cave and rockwell again, experience points will be whatever level 105 is, because they dont give ascensions back and that is the highest they will give you so the rest of the levels you'll have to get again also.

My tribemate and I both lost characters over the weekend. Unfortunately they were the only characters in two of our tribes. The GM responded to the tickets within 12-24 hours and we won't get restorations until December 5, but he has reset the timers on our bases so we don't lose out stuff. They are super nice and helpful in my experience. You should take a screenshot of your implant and keep it in case. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

want to ask the question again since the servers are as unstable as it is now:

Characters have these stats: tek grame, ascensions, chibi max levels, completed mission records, character ID (related to tribes and imprints), and experience points

If an official player lose character nowadays and have ample proof (video record entire transfer process and server roll back) then what will enforcer recover and what will they not recover?

Archived