Structure snapping

Ebron

Suggestion

3 replies to this server topic

On 11/22/2019 at 4:52 PM, StiTched said:

A good point and well made. There are many "inaccuracies" within snapping but snap points cycling is a big no no.

All structure snapping and orientation should have a default that can be cycled either with a button, or based on where you look. I'd rather the former, which can be applied to everywhere. By default for example a wooden wall should "by default" face you, but on pressing a button will alternate through its available permutations at that point (in this case facing away from you).

Pretty tired of trying to build and watching my unbuilt piece flicker at speed as it tries to decide how it wants to sit, and just hitting "place" randomly in the hopes it faced the right way. Especially when building on a mount's platform. 

THAT would be nice!

also i would like to see stackable foundations and Behemoth walls!

A good point and well made. There are many "inaccuracies" within snapping but snap points cycling is a big no no.

All structure snapping and orientation should have a default that can be cycled either with a button, or based on where you look. I'd rather the former, which can be applied to everywhere. By default for example a wooden wall should "by default" face you, but on pressing a button will alternate through its available permutations at that point (in this case facing away from you).

Pretty tired of trying to build and watching my unbuilt piece flicker at speed as it tries to decide how it wants to sit, and just hitting "place" randomly in the hopes it faced the right way. Especially when building on a mount's platform. 

Archived