Pay it forward

Lotusninjax101

Pay it forward

I would like to start of by saying that the majority of players are good decent people. However there are a fair ammount of toxic ones as well. This post is mainly for my personnal recomendation. If you are new to the game it is ok to ask for help, as i stated above there are player who will help.  But do not be that guy that starts flooding the chat with requests for free dinos.part of what makss this game so unique and fun is that challenge of taming you own dinos. And as my title states pay it forward! If you see someone struggling, help them out. We should all be encoueaging new players like myself into the game to grow the community. To those that help new players like me thank you, you are what makes this game enjoyable, i will pay it forward.  

There is a guy on our server who regularly gives away dinos.  My wife was online once when we was giving wyverns. We got a level 210 fire wyvern.  Let say a wyvern changes everything when you still don't even have a flying mount yet.

Its a good gesture to help noobs especially when all of the newbie zones are filled with main bases and pillars.  We have to build near redwood, it was either that or the swamp or the north (the island). Sometime you died and respawn trapped in someone base.

Though I entirely agree with paying it forward and generally have no issue with helping people, I'm always on the fence about hand me outs. If ive noticed that someone has at least started and are trying to put the time in, doing their own simple research (the first thing I always type in global to new players is www.arkpedia.com) and not just shamelessly begging, I'll fold on that most of the time.

BUT... I always go back to my first memories of playing solo on official for the first time ever and remember how much I learned from doing everything myself and how fullfilling even what I consider now to be menial tasks were. I feel conflicted about it because I know that  I'm stripping them of so much. They may know that and they may not. I just highly encourage everyone on at least their first 500 hours or so to play and learn the game being as self sufficient as possible. 

13 hours ago, FreelancerKnux said:

This has got to be one of the poorest ideas I've heard in a while. A new player can learn how to play in single player rather than being a hobo waiting for handouts on servers. 

New players should understand that if an older player didn't kill them in some way then that was a kindness.

aaand you've missed the point.

On 11/23/2019 at 2:26 AM, Lotusninjax101 said:

If you are new to the game it is ok to ask for help, as i stated above there are player who will help.  But do not be that guy that starts flooding the chat with requests for free dinos.

note that he said it is ok to ask for help, not beg for dinos, and to simply pay forward some help that you receive to make the game fun for everyone, not that you should go around giving 2k metal and a lv 150 imprinted giga to all of the beach bobs

4 hours ago, solix414 said:

aaand you've missed the point.

No I haven't I just dont care for helping others pointlessly.

Uplifting a player from beach scum to wood hermit or higher just ends up watering down the experience for them and if they were going to quit due to struggling to survive then they will still quit just this time it will be when someone doesn't do the work for them.

16 hours ago, FreelancerKnux said:

No I haven't I just dont care for helping others pointlessly.

Uplifting a player from beach scum to wood hermit or higher just ends up watering down the experience for them and if they were going to quit due to struggling to survive then they will still quit just this time it will be when someone doesn't do the work for them.

i was more along the lines of helping through advice. skipping those earlier steps is why I never join my friends on their 25X servers.

Archived