New "Genesis Server" Mode.

ArkDaWae

Suggestion

New "Genesis Server" Mode.

I am torn between the Wipe servers Vs. Open Transfers debate. Each has it's pro and cons.

Such as myself I really enjoyed Extinction as I was a fresh new Beach Bob that grew to the top of the food chain only to be slammed face first back into the ground once servers opened for Transfer.

I went from a Extinction Pro to a Ark newb in 2 seconds flat. Shortly after myself and half the server quit playing due to the flood of overleveled sham dinos that shouldn't exist. 

But is the answer to take away others many many hours put into the game? Of course not.

What I would like to see is allowing public servers to stay open for Established veteran players. 

But also the creation of "Genesis Server Clusters" brand new fresh servers for each map that are only open to Transfer within the Fresh "Genesis Server Cluster"

It is only Logical, let the Veterans Vet and let us new players raise to the top without being squashed once Transfers open. 

It's the best of both worlds let the player choose. Either keep your broken dinos and continue the adventure or start fresh an enjoy a whole new Ark 2.0 experience where we can once again fight for the glory of raising to the top.

I hope Wildcard will consider this game mode... It will best for the health and future of Ark.

The choice must be made..... 

Wipe servers - Alienate all your Veteran players.

OG Open Servers - Alienate all your newer players.

The addition of "Genesis Servers" would allow Everyone the equal opportunity to enjoy the game for years to come.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and Ark on my Brothers and Sisters!!!

2 replies to this server topic

Just play Arkpocalypse servers. 

They have finite servers. I don't want them wasting any on a niche game mode dedicated to one map. 

They have Arkpocalypse (wipes every 30 days) and Cross Ark clusters (which only has a few maps clustered together) for players who want your experience. 

The rest of the Genesis designated servers should be added to the official and small tribes network with the token legacy servers they promised back at the end of EA.

Arkpocalypse is not the type of server new players are looking for. We want to be able to keep our Progress but start on a level playing field not having to fall back into line and go back to being Beach Bob's after everyone starts bringing in their Illegal duped Gigas with 2 million Mutations. 

An while I agree with the cross arks. They are still jammed full with this same kind of junk. 

All we are asking is for some fresh clusters with a fresh start to enjoy that day one experience that was lost so long ago.

Archived