help! Please help I'm at a loss

Aceinflames

Please help I'm at a loss

Ok I need help here. Haven't been able to stay logged into my home server for more then a few minutes at at time. Sometimes it just auto logs me out before I can even get in. It's frustrating when you just want to play but can't because the game won't let you. I'm at a loss I don't know what to do. Is this an issues I can ask support for help or is there something on my end I can fix. This issues started around time Genesis dropped. 

This same thing was happening to a friend of mine on Ragnarok. He ended up finally getting in and had to move his entire base. It was something about the lag in a specific area for why he was having the problem. He moved his base and hasn't had that same problem since. I'm hoping that this isn't the case for you, but good luck! 

35 minutes ago, Aceinflames said:

Please help I'm at a loss

Ok I need help here. Haven't been able to stay logged into my home server for more then a few minutes at at time. Sometimes it just auto logs me out before I can even get in. It's frustrating when you just want to play but can't because the game won't let you. I'm at a loss I don't know what to do. Is this an issues I can ask support for help or is there something on my end I can fix. This issues started around time Genesis dropped. 

Could be as simple as restarting your router. 

If you're on PC, maybe someone else has more technical advice they can give. I see people recommend verifying game files for similar issues. 

54 minutes ago, Aceinflames said:

Yekrucifixion187 have you ever played on ps4 your name is very familliar. A friendly familliar that is.

I do play on ps4. We may have traded in the past or even been on the same server. I played mostly on 295 from official release until May of this year. Took a break and came back to my buddies tribe on 28 and 1023 in November. 

I'd definitely reset your router and see if that helps your issue. Not much more we can do on PS4. Try to connect via ethernet cable instead of wifi. 

Might be some magic you can do with ip addresses but you'll have to google that.

One thing to do is to compare log outs, sometimes it has nothing to do with you whatsoever like there was a time when my game would crash if my neighbor tore down even a single wall while I was within render of his base. Another time there was a glitch where opening fridges made it crash, every time. So just try to note any similarities. There are also times where there are spots (coords) that crash your game, and they don't even have to be the same for everyone.

How is your computer and server connected to the internet?  Are they on wireless, or did you hardwire each device?  If you are running both on a wireless, I'm assuming you are using a router given to you by your service provider?  If so, most of those routers are trash.   Hardwiring each device might fix it.  It would at least eliminate one possible reason for the failures.  So you could try something else after that doesn't fix it.  

There's quite a few layers to unpack and test when this is happening.   I'm not quite sure of all of them though, most of us won't bother to do what you are doing, so most of us have no experience w/ the problem.  First thing is to eliminate the network connections as a source.  If you can plug both via an ethernet cable to a hub or a router, that's I think the first step to try.  After that, if it's still dropping, someone else needs to chime in.

If that fixes it but you can't maintain that as a setup, there's other things you can do to boost your network connectivity in the house.  Newer routers can run multiple channels so that your devices are not sharing a connection to the router. Using an old router that doesn't have multichannel or one rented from a service provider can be a source of headaches for what you want to do.

Personally, my PC is hooked up using my power lines.  I'm running my Ethernet into a device that talks to another device by my router through the electrical outlets.  So I am hardwired, but I'm not running an Ethernet cable from my detached garage to the house this way. It's another way to bypass running cables under the house , and if you are in an apartment, it's better than having to run cables around your rooms. Or if you are like me, I don't have to break concrete to run a line in the ground.

Archived