Duping just starting up- Rag 382

Poppet

You can always tell when it is that time of day. Server performing fine. Certain time rolls around and server crash after server crash. Can we get a real time response and have a GM pop in on Rag 382 PVE to watch the exploiters please? Losing more baby dinos because of these cheaters.

Undercover GM banning these aholes on the spot would be much appreciated. Thanks.

So, after making this post, commenting in global chat I would be ticketing owl glitchers and linking this post...the server was suddenly stable. Either a Gm came in and dealt with folks....or the cheaters thought better of continuing with the possibility a GM would respond to the complaint.

Server was fine until just now- about 5am eastern US.

If you are having regular mysterious crashes, feel free to post server, how many crashes in what time frame etc so Wildcard has the option to go in and see whats up.

People need to cryofridge there unused dinos to reduce lag on pve servers.

They will gain more passive XP, have a 40 days decay timer and you don't even need to feed them. 

Cryopods and Cryofridges can be craft at an Obelix.  Put the Cryofridge directlty on the ground, surround it with metal walls / ceilings with a generator inside and you have a giga proof dino vault with a 40 days decay timer. We constantly have lag spikes on my PVE server which reach 60 players this weekend and then crash. They need to boost server power or just make the cryopods free to promote them.

For stuctures, people need to use the 4 tiles walls more.  That being said, dinos generate more lag then stuctures.

12 hours ago, Poppet said:

You can always tell when it is that time of day. Server performing fine. Certain time rolls around and server crash after server crash. Can we get a real time response and have a GM pop in on Rag 382 PVE to watch the exploiters please? Losing more baby dinos because of these cheaters.

Undercover GM banning these aholes on the spot would be much appreciated. Thanks.

If you haven't done so already, make sure you fill out a support ticket 

4 hours ago, Herbapou said:

People need to cryofridge there unused dinos to reduce lag on pve servers.

They will gain more passive XP, have a 40 days decay timer and you don't even need to feed them. 

Cryopods and Cryofridges can be craft at an Obelix.  Put the Cryofridge directlty on the ground, surround it with metal walls / ceilings with a generator inside and you have a giga proof dino vault with a 40 days decay timer. We constantly have lag spikes on my PVE server which reach 60 players this weekend and then crash. They need to boost server power or just make the cryopods free to promote them.

For stuctures, people need to use the 4 tiles walls more.  That being said, dinos generate more lag then stuctures.

Have you demolished your base and rebuilt with new 4 high walls??and all of your Dino's are in cryo?and do I need to cryo 200 gigas and toss out everyday? Hell no lol no ty ?? ? wait there's duping of official PVE??no way !!! Not possible...jkjk...hmmmm wonder how long till official becomes legacy seeing how they were separated due to these reasons..only reason I commented is 8\10 times the person saying cryo the tames has 450/500 Dino's out!!

4 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

Have you demolished your base and rebuilt with new 4 high walls??and all of your Dino's are in cryo?and do I need to cryo 200 gigas and toss out everyday? Hell no lol no ty ??? wait there's duping of official PVE??no way !!! Not possible...jkjk...hmmmm wonder how long till official becomes legacy seeing how they were separated due to these reasons..only reason I commented is 8\10 times the person saying cryo the tames has 450/500 Dino's out!!

New base so no brainer on walls and new player, I have like 20 dino's total.   That being said, I don't see why raiding Rex are not cryo of you don't planned to used them.  Not sure I understand why people tame giga's at all.

22 minutes ago, Herbapou said:

New base so no brainer on walls and new player, I have like 20 dino's total.   That being said, I don't see why raiding Rex are not cryo of you don't planned to used them.  Not sure I understand why people tame giga's at all.

Well sadly it's a necessary evil..to aquire new mutation need lots of females!!100 or more to have a proper mutation farm.giga are the best meat farmers and if you want to solo purple osd on extinction they are needed! 

17 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

Yeah but everyone thinks they are a giga breeder and yet most are jumping on the train late and there’s already 100 other players doing the same thing.   If you think you are a boss breeding 615md,  you probably didn’t get the memo that the original breeders have already hit 705.

Not on legacy  xD we are at 465-485 we focused on Rex xD 39khp 1159 melee lol

So while you guys are absolutely correct and tames and structures play a part in lag- there is a studied difference when an event rolls around and suddenly you are server crashing 9 times in an hour after a certain play time of a certain player base is primary. Nope it was not more players because it was an event either. It is just certain folks are willing to crash a server to dupe and owl glitch during said event because they can.

A GM responded to a friend's ticket and in responding to 'why is this so bad lately' the GM said it was because of the rampant duping and owl glitches. The fact I went in global and announced I would be ticketing glitchers and linked this post requesting a GM to ghost the server to find cheaters....and how it magically became stable from that point on...yeah. It isn't the game any more than the usual problems. When THIS stuff happens...it's the cheaters.

2 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

Have you demolished your base and rebuilt with new 4 high walls??and all of your Dino's are in cryo?and do I need to cryo 200 gigas and toss out everyday? Hell no lol no ty ??? wait there's duping of official PVE??no way !!! Not possible...jkjk...hmmmm wonder how long till official becomes legacy seeing how they were separated due to these reasons..only reason I commented is 8\10 times the person saying cryo the tames has 450/500 Dino's out!!

Hey, it's not fair, I only have around 60-70 dinos out. I don't have rafts and only 1 platform-saddle so I can have feeding trough close enough to boss-fighters standing around drop.

Btw, I tried to use high walls, thought I would do everything right and keep my hatchery as lightweight as possible, but those walls was half-assed in and didn't match the rest of structures so I had nasty gaps and some other inconvenience like being unable to snap it from top support and go to bottom... can't remember right now. Anyways, its current state makes me doubt it would be better for server - clearly highwall wasn't tested and fine-tuned, just added to have it.

2 minutes ago, deedoubleu said:

Hey, it's not fair, I only have around 60-70 dinos out. I don't have rafts and only 1 platform-saddle so I can have feeding trough close enough to boss-fighters standing around drop.

Btw, I tried to use high walls, thought I would do everything right and keep my hatchery as lightweight as possible, but those walls was half-assed in and didn't match the rest of structures so I had nasty gaps and some other inconvenience like being unable to snap it from top support and go to bottom... can't remember right now. Anyways, its current state makes me doubt it would be better for server - clearly highwall wasn't tested and fine-tuned, just added to have it.

Those large walls were sooooo poorly done...it made me sad. I wanted to use them to replace all the smaller sections but nope. The no top down, the no matching size issue...WHY Wildcard? :(

When these connection loss fests begin.  I would keep track of them or find some data on how often it's happening and when.  While the gm's can look it all up, it's always easier to get them to look it up when they reasonably believe your report.  I'm 100% positive they get reports that are trash and a complete waste of time.  I know for fact I sent one off before I explored an area enough to realize I was wrong about the situation.  So, I think the best thing to do is include logs of when it's happening and how long it's going on for.  Names of players you see one when it's happening.  Try and get the unique id# of each player so the 123 names can be resolved.  THey can do that too, but if you can and spot trends... point out the trends, if you see names that appear in the list evertime, highlight them.  You of course, should be highlighted as well :) .   

Don't call out names or id#s here on forums, only post it in your reports so that they can do the job. We want the GMs and mods focused on the bad players not our mistakes.

2 hours ago, Poppet said:

So while you guys are absolutely correct and tames and structures play a part in lag- there is a studied difference when an event rolls around and suddenly you are server crashing 9 times in an hour after a certain play time of a certain player base is primary. Nope it was not more players because it was an event either. It is just certain folks are willing to crash a server to dupe and owl glitch during said event because they can.

A GM responded to a friend's ticket and in responding to 'why is this so bad lately' the GM said it was because of the rampant duping and owl glitches. The fact I went in global and announced I would be ticketing glitchers and linked this post requesting a GM to ghost the server to find cheaters....and how it magically became stable from that point on...yeah. It isn't the game any more than the usual problems. When THIS stuff happens...it's the cheaters.

Having the crashes starting on exact same time every day would actually point away from duping. Who would be so stupid to do duping every day on exactly same time? Nah the lag etc cause is somewhere else most of time. And owl glitches same thing. The glitch is continusoly pn when done so the lag would be constantly if thats the reason. Lag on certain times are most certainly just increased traffic on data centers or buzy routers between. Even ddos is more likely to happen on same time frames each day.

Archived