jpcab

Unofficial pvp servers and changing gameplay

Jerryn

This is a discussion, not a place to drop a server mention/ad; there are forums specifically set a side for server ads.

Message added by Jerryn

Unofficial servers and changing gameplay.. 

It's almost impossible to find a cluster where we can play the game as it was intended? I m not talking about those mods that help take the grinding part of the game.. Those r welcome ofc.. as are rates a bit higher.. Np with that. But almost all clusters have ridiculous stuff like classic flyers or worse like s mutator or flyers on aberration. 

Found one but weirdly crosshair was turned off. 

It's a pitty..i Don t understand how ppl like to play like this. 

Edited by jpcab

When I want a new server, I use arkservers.net.  I search by keyword "wiped" cause I usually like to get in right after a restart (unless I'm in the mood to immediately start messing with established tribes). Then I sort the search results by population to make sure there will be plenty of people to "borrow" stuff from.  Then I just look for the taming rates and map I like. 

Using this method, I haven't had any trouble finding acceptable servers to play on.  There's always something I don't like, a bad food/water setting, ORP enabled, a little more lag, etc. but I don't expect to find a perfect one anyway.

Yeah, when I was looking for servers to play on when I had a tribe to play with, we would often find servers with strange settings or cheaty mods. 100x rates, Automated Ark, Easy TEK and other stuff like that which takes away the progression and makes raiding pointless since you can get stuff faster by farming...

I recommend hosting your own server, if you have friends to play with, or singleplayer if you are solo.