Unofficial pvp servers and changing gameplay

jpcab
Message added by Jerryn

This is a discussion, not a place to drop a server mention/ad; there are forums specifically set a side for server ads.

Unofficial servers and changing gameplay.. 

It's almost impossible to find a cluster where we can play the game as it was intended? I m not talking about those mods that help take the grinding part of the game.. Those r welcome ofc.. as are rates a bit higher.. Np with that. But almost all clusters have ridiculous stuff like classic flyers or worse like s mutator or flyers on aberration. 

Found one but weirdly crosshair was turned off. 

It's a pitty..i Don t understand how ppl like to play like this. 

When I want a new server, I use arkservers.net.  I search by keyword "wiped" cause I usually like to get in right after a restart (unless I'm in the mood to immediately start messing with established tribes). Then I sort the search results by population to make sure there will be plenty of people to "borrow" stuff from.  Then I just look for the taming rates and map I like. 

Using this method, I haven't had any trouble finding acceptable servers to play on.  There's always something I don't like, a bad food/water setting, ORP enabled, a little more lag, etc. but I don't expect to find a perfect one anyway.

Archived