Dire wolf question

Shoes84

The Dire Wolf did not fit the North West Cave, but in this cave you don‘t need a dino. It is possible to do this cave without a single encounter.

The Snow Cave is somehow a little bit tricky to get the Wolf through the narrow passage, a Sabretooth will fit but it is somehow complicated.

All caves can be done without a tame, and a Gigantopethicus is the better choice.

On my Youtube-Channel I have videos on how to do all the caves.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN-CDtqPnqc63S3e74SuGPA?view_as=subscriber

26 minutes ago, Shoes84 said:

Okay thanks saw some people on the servers and forums talk about cave wolves being the best I’ll look the giganto up and try those thanks ^_^

On the island the wolf isnt a good choice.  You have to bring a pack with you to get defenses and controlling an AI pack with ledges and jumps is annoying and potentially difficult.  The water cave on the edge of the swamp is best with a water tame.  In particular the baryonyx is capable of soloing most of the caves and is the undisputed king in the water.  It can jump and does and has decent dmg and hp with saddles for armor.  U can breed baryonyx to have a pack in the swamp cave and own it easy.  With extensive breeding it can even solo that cave.  The 3 caves your wolves and my bary probably wont work for are the lost faith, lost hope, and snow caves.  In faith and hope id recommend a high level squid, or at least large sea creatures, in the lost hope case its advised you bring multiple large sea beasts.  Youll need a plesio, i think a mosa fits too, to get the artifact.  Squid wont fit to it but will dominate the majority of the cave.  For snow, the caves hallway sections are to small to fit larger tames through and the sheer number and level of bears and wolves makes bary or wolf packs pretty pointless.  Id tame a decent megalania and cryo it into the cave.  You can wall run all the way to the artifact.  Bring grenades to deal with narrow halls filled with buried purlovia.  The explosion forces them out and removes the stunning attack that would end your cave run.  You can use weapons on a megalania as well so feel free to blow crap up while pretending to be batman.

Except for the northeatsern cave the wolf is really good for all of them. In the swamp cave I prefer to use a really good bary because they have bigger range and knockback. At the end you will have to get off though because there is a passage where he can't fit. But it's almost at the very end, so it isn't really much of a problem if you have really good range weapons.

Do bring stimulants though, since the creatures can reach really high level they also increase more torpor if they manage to hit you

The lava cave i do it without tames and gear (unless you're playing on a casual server) because the risks are just to high that me or my tame will die in the lava. I usually just speed run through it

Archived