Queen bee bug ??

Thomas180990

Queen bee bug ??

I have recently been moving my base around a little , was moving my bee hives into a different position and once I destroyed each hive there was no queen bee to obtain . All 3 was on valguaro pc official , I also destroyed one of my hives on the island to the same affect . 

2 others on my valguaro server also confirmed the same . Is this a new issue , is it possible wildcard will replace ? Cheers .

• 3 weeks later...

I assumed that's some kind of weird balance change since all hives I demolished in last month or two acted like that. I mean, there is no reason for not being able to transfer bee or hive, but that's how it is so after yet another hive demolished without returning the bee I just shrugged and thought to myself "oh well, another thing was too convenient for players and had to be changed asap".

Guess you have to starve your hive to move it now, but I didn't test it yet.

I mean I feel this was more of a mistake then something on purpose. I HOPE this was a mistake, cause if they choose to "fix" this instead of the numerous other things that should be altered that'd just make me sad :(. Also if this was to fix the exploit on the multiplying hives glitch there were other ways of fixing that. At least if its official WARN the players that the refunds are gone. Might test the starve theory on single player. 

I've heard of this happening occasionally, but can someone confirm it happens every time now?

Also, that's totally normal on Aberration.  Queen bees are classified as flyers so you won't get them back on Aberration and they have some tricky rules, but he did say Valguero.

BTW, never bother with taming a Queen bee on official with rare flowers if you can avoid it.  1 simple kibble on a 2x weekend and its yours without having to chase it across the map.  Take a big dino (spino, rock drake, rex).  Hit the hive one hit at a time until it turns dark.  Make sure you're wearing Ghillie and have bug spray enabled and your tame is on passive.  When the hive is dark it means one more hit will destroy it.  Destroy the hive, immediately jump off your tame and feed the queen.   Easy peasy.

Don't listen to people who tell you, "just use a bear."  That would work on Ab, or Valguero, but most hives on Island, Rag, SE, and Extinction are too high up for a bear.

Queen bees on Aberration:

Beehives seem to spawn regardless of checking if the old hive despawned, so you can have multiple hives and multiple queens in one spot. 

This can result in a queen getting stuck and supplying endless amounts of honey, or sometimes you can demo multiple hives successfully and tame more than one Queen.

I even had a situation once where I tamed a queen INSIDE the hive and she went to battle with the other queens.

It's not uncommon to tame them and have them still fly off, but they have always eventually returned to me.

If you turn them into a hive you can't transfer the hive.

If you cryo them, you can transfer them, but won't be able to deploy them on Ab. (should not make them disappear from cryopod)  You can then turn them into a hive on another server after deployment and should be able to demo said hive (I did with 4 of them) and get your queen back.

If you set your hive on Aberration you won't get a queen bee back out of it when you demo it.

On an official server the island map myself and can confirm that I've tamed two bees and both didn't respawn after the hive was demoed. Theory I had was because of the Fear Evolved event and Turkey Trial event. Its been a long time since those events were launched and the bee's special setting might not have transferred well because of the old settings. Also a friend of mine tested it out and still no luck bee vanished. Again the theory is just my idea but trying to figure this out because it wasn't that much fun taming the bees in the first place :p. Also this would be great if the devs fixed it (I said hopefully)

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/8/2019 at 5:25 PM, Garet said:

Don't listen to people who tell you, "just use a bear."  That would work on Ab, or Valguero, but most hives on Island, Rag, SE, and Extinction are too high up for a bear.

While I can agree to a degree, Id argue that useing a bear is still possible. Multiple hives on the island are on the ground and can be gotten to without the need of a platform. However its when you add a quetzel with a platform saddle that things get spicy....Add a gen, fridge, and bear, and boom....never need a hive again.

Archived