Gamecrash everytime since Thanksgiving Update

Leschtanuiel

Hey there...
hope someone got an idea what to do ^^
Problem:
everytime i got a crash after loading into the game. i tried Singleplayer and Server...both with the same failure.
i attached a pic so u can see the the message ^^
Prob here...i have NO Device called H: ?????
so far i have tried:
- start from steam: error
- start from .exe: error
- checked local files: no failure found

Hope someone can help me ^^
(and sry bout my bad english ^^ im from Germany)

74475391_985908005095158_7273629443371827200_n.jpg

• Volunteer Moderator
18 minutes ago, Leschtanuiel said:

Hey there...
hope someone got an idea what to do ^^
Problem:
everytime i got a crash after loading into the game. i tried Singleplayer and Server...both with the same failure.
i attached a pic so u can see the the message ^^
Prob here...i have NO Device called H: ?????
so far i have tried:
- start from steam: error
- start from .exe: error
- checked local files: no failure found

Hope someone can help me ^^
(and sry bout my bad english ^^ im from Germany)

74475391_985908005095158_7273629443371827200_n.jpg

This error usually happens when you try to load a map you don't have installed on your PC. Right click on ARK → Properties → DLC and makes sure the map you are trying to play is checked. If it is already, uncheck it, and check it again to force a reinstall and see if that helps.

8 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

This error usually happens when you try to load a map you don't have installed on your PC. Right click on ARK → Properties → DLC and makes sure the map you are trying to play is checked. If it is already, uncheck it, and check it again to force a reinstall and see if that helps.

Gonna try this ^^

34 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Big THX...after reloading the dlc Maps no more errors ^^

Thanksgiving Crash?

Hello, my game is crashing with an error for the thanksgiving content. I've validated the files 5 times now, and it just wont load. I used the "activeEvent=None" startup command and it worked for awhile, but the game keeps crashing before it can even load my island single player save. Does anyone know a fix? Will it help if i enter the SavedArksLocal folder, delete the current "theisland.ark" file, and rename the most recent saved "theisland.ark"?

Hello,

I am also having the same problem as the others. However when I try the solution to right click into properties, I do not get anything that has DLC. (I double checked and have the latest Steam install. I believe I need to get the maps installed or some option checked as I am able to log into the Island with no issues.

What options I do when going into properties are:

General/Updates/Local Files/Language/Betas

Nothing inside of those tabs mention anything remotely close to DLC.

Please help....

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, laughingdead said:

That is an entirely different crash than what OP reported though. From what I know, world serialization crashes usually happens when your save is corrupted or a modded actor is outdated in the area your character was when you logged off. First of all, make a complete backup of your Saved directory so that you have an unmodified fallback point. Try to rename the following folder (or wherever you installed the game):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\SavedArksLocal

To something else such as:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\SavedArksLocal.old

Then try to load a fresh save and see if that works. If it does, then that probably means there is a corrupted actor at your base/where you logged off on your original save. Sometimes re-rendering that area can fix the issue, but you will have to force your game to spawn you somewhere else. Revert the renaming you made above to restore your original save, then rename the following file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\LocalProfiles\PlayerLocalData.arkprofile

Load your game and see if you are able to create a new character on your original save. If you can, ghost back to where your original character was and use the following command:

Spoiler

saveworld

This will force a new save, and then you can restore your original character and see if you are able to join normally after that.

20 minutes ago, Sandman1886 said:

Looking around more on the web. I saw some guys with a tab up near the Betas that does say DLC.... How do I get said tab?

image.thumb.png.3c0bed63533776e04c7c73ab4b1ce37a.png

You must own at least one DLC to have that tab. Go on the steam store and purchase the ones you want and they should appears in that tab: https://store.steampowered.com/dlc/346110/ARK_Survival_Evolved/

And yes, you still need to "purchase" the free ones to own them.

2 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

You must own at least one DLC to have that tab. Go on the steam store and purchase the ones you want and they should appears in that tab: https://store.steampowered.com/dlc/346110/ARK_Survival_Evolved/

And yes, you still need to "purchase" the free ones to own them.

Downloading now. You my man, are awesome. Appreciate the fast reply. Will let you know if this does not work!

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, Sar said:

Can you please do something on Ark OC-PVE-XBOXOFFICIAL-RAGNAROK927 ... it is still not work no one can get on since Turkey update, why ain't you saying nothing about fixing it, people are losing dinos because they can not get on.....

Please refrain from hijacking threads with unrelated content. Server issues must be reported by filling the following form: https://ark.gg/outage

Once you do so, the server management team will investigate and get it fixed as soon as they possibly can. Please refer to the following post for updates:

As mentioned in that thread, it is regularly updated with relevant info they might have to share regarding server issues so ignore the posting date.

PS: I'm not working for Wildcard; I'm just voluntarily moderating these forums.

11 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Please refrain from hijacking threads with unrelated content. Server issues must be reported by filling the following form: https://ark.gg/outage

Once you do so, the server management team will investigate and get it fixed as soon as they possibly can. Please refer to the following post for updates:

As mentioned in that thread, it is regularly updated with relevant info they might have to share regarding server issues so ignore the posting date.

PS: I'm not working for Wildcard; I'm just voluntarily moderating these forums.

??????????

I have done everything to let them know and with no response so this is why I'm now on here because this is total bull

On 11/20/2019 at 6:03 PM, invincibleqc said:

I have the same issue, however I only receive it when I try to load my 'the island' server. SInce there is no DLC to uncheck (which I have done regardless) and after redownloading the whole game which I would assume is the same fix for the island, I am kinda stuck. Ended up starting on Ragnarock today, but feeling lonely without my old dino friends :/

Attached is my error code and like OP said I also dont have the H drive. 

Ark error crashfile.png

• Volunteer Moderator
5 hours ago, extinguisher said:

I have the same issue, however I only receive it when I try to load my 'the island' server. SInce there is no DLC to uncheck (which I have done regardless) and after redownloading the whole game which I would assume is the same fix for the island, I am kinda stuck. Ended up starting on Ragnarock today, but feeling lonely without my old dino friends :/

The error you are getting is different than the error OP was getting. The DLC solution I gave was for the following error:

Assertion failed: ARRAY_COUNT(CompareName)==ARRAY_COUNT(JumpURL)

And the other was:

Assertion failed: ActualIndex >= 0

While your is:

Assertion failed: InPos <= Bytes.Num()

This thread is confusing because multiple unrelated crashes were merged together. But yeah, seeing your crash is referring "InitializeActorsForPlay" I would suggest you try on a fresh save:

5 hours ago, extinguisher said:

and like OP said I also dont have the H drive.

That's normal. This is the stack trace that was generated at compile time so that path is pointing to where the error was threw in the source code of the game (on WC's machine that run the build job).

• 2 weeks later...

Assertion Failed: ARRAY_COUNT(CompareName) == ARRAY_COUNT(JumpURL)

Please help me, my Ark has started to do a die on me and I really need help to get this fixed.

Assertion failed: ARRAY_COUNT(CompareName) == ARRAY_COUNT(JumpURL) [File:H:\Thanksgiving\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\UnrealEngine.cpp] [Line: 9508] 

VERSION: 302.4 
KERNELBASE.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ff81ccfa839) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ShooterGame.exe!FOutputDevice::Logf__VA() (0x00007ff6fc9738e8) + 159 bytes [h:\thanksgiving\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:145]
ShooterGame.exe!FDebug::AssertFailed() (0x00007ff6fc973e85) + 178 bytes [h:\thanksgiving\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:220]
ShooterGame.exe!MissingMapReport() (0x00007ff6fd45e155) + 0 bytes [h:\thanksgiving\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:9510]
ShooterGame.exe!UEngine::LoadMap() (0x00007ff6fd45fd86) + 0 bytes [h:\thanksgiving\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:10031]
ShooterGame.exe!UEngine::TickWorldTravel() (0x00007ff6fd45ccca) + 0 bytes [h:\thanksgiving\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:9292]
ShooterGame.exe!UGameEngine::Tick() (0x00007ff6fd1970ac) + 0 bytes [h:\thanksgiving\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gameengine.cpp:1143]
ShooterGame.exe!FEngineLoop::Tick() (0x00007ff6fb8ea065) + 0 bytes [h:\thanksgiving\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2432]
ShooterGame.exe!GuardedMain() (0x00007ff6fb8e449c) + 0 bytes [h:\thanksgiving\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:140]
ShooterGame.exe!GuardedMainWrapper() (0x00007ff6fb8eb5ca) + 5 bytes [h:\thanksgiving\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:125]
ShooterGame.exe!WinMain() (0x00007ff6fb8eb6f8) + 8 bytes [h:\thanksgiving\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:209]
ShooterGame.exe!__tmainCRTStartup() (0x00007ff6fe4adaf1) + 21 bytes [f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c:618]
KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction (0x00007ff81d0a7bd4) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ff81f04ced1) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ff81f04ced1) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]

]Facepalm.thumb.jpg.0d041a82d69e810c6b695637ffbde43f.jpg

• Volunteer Moderator
12 minutes ago, Foxxy6647 said:

Assertion Failed: ARRAY_COUNT(CompareName) == ARRAY_COUNT(JumpURL)

On 11/20/2019 at 12:03 PM, invincibleqc said:

Archived