Jump to content

ChillEBean

How long will genesis last?

Recommended Posts

How long will genesis last?

I get that when the map first comes out (I believe it’s seven weeks) that transfers are disabled, but what happens when they are enabled after the starting grace period where it’s disabled? After transfers are enabled people are just going to bring in more level 400+ manas and duped meks, raid everyone they see, and then those servers will more than likely die out. (Is there going to be any restrictions to specific tames being transferred to genesis or is there no info on that yet?)

Edited by ChillEBean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ChillEBean said:

How long will genesis last?

I get that when the map first comes out (I believe it’s seven weeks) that transfers are disabled, but what happens when they are enabled after the starting grace period where it’s disabled? After transfers are enabled people are just going to bring in more level 400+ manas and duped meks, raid everyone they see, and then those servers will more than likely die out. (Is there going to be any restrictions to specific tames being transferred to genesis or is there no info on that yet?)

Valguero died out because it's a pretty map but ultimately boring. Scorched Earth died out because of Rag.

The other maps aren't dead because they have great building spots or other stuff to keep you interested (Ab for creature limit and metal farm, Extinction for element farm and OSD drops). I think Genesis will be fine as we don't know dino limits, they are adding unique bosses, plus adding a mission type mini game. 

Unique dino's will also help. 

It could die out but we'll have to wait and see first. 

They are still implementing anti-dupe protocols too that haven't reached console yet, so that could help with the current duped stuff and future duping.

400+ Mana's aren't going anywhere so best to figure out ways to combat them like hundreds of other people have.  

I think Genesis is going to be awesome. We'll all have to wait and see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Valguero died out because it's a pretty map but ultimately boring.

What are you talking about?  Some sort of official stuff?  Val is still wildly popular on Unofficial for a few reasons

  • Metal (second only to Abb), Polymer, Keratin, Silca, Crystal, etc.  So much you end up tripping over it
  • Lots of flat places to build but doesn't look flat like Rag does
  • Has tames that were previously exclusive to Abb
  • ONLY MAP where you can farm wild Dein eggs for Extraordinary Kibble.  NEVER USE LOWER KIBBLES AGAIN!
  • Most engrams of any map (includes all Abb and SE engrams).  Take your glider suit for a ride across the map!
Edited by Spiral3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aushegun said:

Sandstorms killed Scorched Earth. People just hate having to stop playing for 5-10 minutes every few hours because of the overpowered sandstorm. If you take that away I think more people would play it.

Not really the reason. People loved SE. It's just easy to play Ragnarok cause it's less challenging and has 99% SE dinos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aushegun said:

Sandstorms killed Scorched Earth. People just hate having to stop playing for 5-10 minutes every few hours because of the overpowered sandstorm. If you take that away I think more people would play it.

Nah,scorched earth,valguero,and extinction are all kinda boring to play on. Aberration wasn't to bad (not my cup of tea though)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Spiral3 said:

What are you talking about?  Some sort of official stuff?  Val is still wildly popular on Unofficial for a few reasons

  • Metal (second only to Abb), Polymer, Keratin, Silca, Crystal, etc.  So much you end up tripping over it
  • Lots of flat places to build but doesn't look flat like Rag does
  • Has tames that were previously exclusive to Abb
  • ONLY MAP where you can farm wild Dein eggs for Extraordinary Kibble.  NEVER USE LOWER KIBBLES AGAIN!
  • Most engrams of any map (includes all Abb and SE engrams).  Take your glider suit for a ride across the map!

The OP was referencing official PvP servers so I responded in kind.

From a personal point of view. Val got boring quick. Minimal caves, weak boss fight, lack of diversity in Ab, broken underwater spawns. It's above the Center and that's it, for me. 

Rag

Ab

SE

Island

Extinction

Valguero

Center

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

The OP was referencing official PvP servers so I responded in kind.

From a personal point of view. Val got boring quick. Minimal caves, weak boss fight, lack of diversity in Ab, broken underwater spawns. It's above the Center and that's it, for me. 

Rag

Ab

SE

Island

Extinction

Valguero

Center

Ah, ok.  Well we agree on what the worst map is.

Valguero
Ab
SE (haven't played)
Extinction (haven't played)
Island
Rag
Center

Island and Rag are super close to each other for me as Rag has more stuff but is ugly AF and it takes too long to get places.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...