302.1 Linux and Mac?

aknarts

There is a working Linux patch out now but if history repeats the servers will upgrade soon and it will be broken again in a week or two. 

Linux/Mac only get to play 50% of the time. 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off. 

That's the simple fact of the matter and there is no point complaining. Nobody cares and it won't change anything. Vote with your wallet and play a game that works properly on your system, that's the conclusion I've come to. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/19/2019 at 7:49 PM, aknarts said:

302.1 Linux and Mac?

Two patches in a row. No Servers, no event. Does Wildcard realize it is trying to push Genesis onto people and this is a bad PR?

Can I get a refund after several years and thousands hours in?

wow i think they're up to 304.41 or something now and we're still on 300.0, frankly WC i would like a refund until you treat all your players the same

• You won't get a refund.
  • They are obviously aware of the fact these versions are behind it's just not a high priority, linux developers are actually really expensive so they probably do not have a ton of them.
  • people who traffic in addictive things do not care about their PR. look at the tobacco company.
  • like someone said above, vote with your wallet.  Last I was aware you purchased a product, you didn't let them hold 60 dollars or more until you got pissed or bored.
  • despite all the above points, i play on linux and find it unacceptable as well. it's why i haven't bought the new season pass.

5 hours ago, fefersten said:

wow i think they're up to 304.41 or something now and we're still on 300.0, frankly WC i would like a refund until you treat all your players the same

Best thing you can do is head to the Steam store page and flag/report ARK as broken. They shouldn't be selling it in this condition.

Honestly, its really a low thing Wildcard has done yet again and they have been doing it since launch in 2017. We have been cut out of the holiday event and even prevented from playing over the holiday break. The dev team and company just don't care. I've submitted a suggestion that they move development to a beta branch and give everyone a stable option for a client and sever. It will go nowhere i'm sure.

11 hours ago, Kaprosuchus said:
  • You won't get a refund.
  • They are obviously aware of the fact these versions are behind it's just not a high priority, linux developers are actually really expensive so they probably do not have a ton of them.
  • people who traffic in addictive things do not care about their PR. look at the tobacco company.
  • like someone said above, vote with your wallet.  Last I was aware you purchased a product, you didn't let them hold 60 dollars or more until you got pissed or bored.
  • despite all the above points, i play on linux and find it unacceptable as well. it's why i haven't bought the new season pass.

100% this

I do play on Linux as well and and this is incredibly frustrating, but this is the reality we face.

Best thing we can do is put in tickets and request that this get addressed - and spend money on games that do have full support.

It's a shame this issue persists and has been allowed to stay this way, but it is what it is.

I would suggest that everyone on Linux and Mac start posting reviews on Steam. Wildcard will not listen until there is a serious backlash. Mac and Linux comprise a 15% market share of computer users. If that many of their Windows users were having problems, they would be heavily on top of this. Don't sit back and be complacent. Make your voice heard.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, deltaone72 said:

No because theses idiots ban you when you say the truth (violation of code of conduct). Mac/Linux who purchased Genesis will be able to play? And if not, can they have a refund ?

Just double checked the Code of Conduct.

Nothing in there about banning for speaking "the truth".

You can request a refund from the merchant you purchased the game from (Sony, Microsoft, Steam...)

Same for windows ark nonsteam. minorities are unimportant to WC so far

no explanations, no comments, just silence.

they can delay a whole DLC start but at the same time not able to synchronize their updates.

i bought this game on any Platform besides linux and mac, and im just dissapointed.

time for ark mobile XD

Archived