How to start Turkey Trials on unofficial?

Larkfields

I confirm it is "-activeevent=TurkeyTrial "  as a start option for the server.

Also,  the "Super Turkey"  event animal,  will only  naturally spawn in the official maps, (island, Sorched Earth, Aberration, Extinction)

that do not include maps like Ragnarok, The Center,  Valguero.

to add the Super Turkey  in those maps,  you have to  allow it to spawn in the corresponding map, and areas.

in  the configuration file  "Game.ini"   under  "[/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]"

add the line: 
ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesBeach_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="Turkey",EntryWeight=1.0, NPCsToSpawnStrings=(("Turkey_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=(NPCClassString="Turkey_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.1)))

for exemple  for me it make super turkeys spawning in valguero in the beaches at very very low  numbers,   you will have to  find the right spawn entry  where yu want them to spawn on your map.

You can  look at this page to know which area for which maps:

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Spawn_Entries

21 hours ago, Aschran said:

I confirm it is "-activeevent=TurkeyTrial "  as a start option for the server.

Also,  the "Super Turkey"  event animal,  will only  naturally spawn in the official maps, (island, Sorched Earth, Aberration, Extinction)

that do not include maps like Ragnarok, The Center,  Valguero.

to add the Super Turkey  in those maps,  you have to  allow it to spawn in the corresponding map, and areas.

in  the configuration file  "Game.ini"   under  "[/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]"

add the line: 
ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesBeach_C",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="Turkey",EntryWeight=1.0, NPCsToSpawnStrings=(("Turkey_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=(NPCClassString="Turkey_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.1)))

for exemple  for me it make super turkeys spawning in valguero in the beaches at very very low  numbers,   you will have to  find the right spawn entry  where yu want them to spawn on your map.

You can  look at this page to know which area for which maps:

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Spawn_Entries

Not sure what platform you're on but this is 100% not true on unofficial PC servers. Turkeys are spawning on Ragnarok naturally for certain, I'll check the other servers on our cluster later, but given that the patch notes stated they spawn on all official maps (and Ragnarok and Valguero are official maps) I'd be very surprised if they're missing from any.

Archived