Shinehorns

Dasham86

Shinehorns

So I was one of the main breeders of shinehorns.  I was informed by wildcard that if I had more than 20 out at a time I was subject to being tribe wiped.  Yet someone is able to get a single mutation on a giga.  Clone it 400 times and keep all of those out.  There is ZERO rational behind this.  I am NOT taking up server cap by INTENTIONALLY spamming tames (as stated in the Code of Conduct for PVE griefing).  I was actively breeding them.  BUT NO!!!  Wildcard REFUSES!!!  ABsolutely REFUSES to share with me why my 297 shinehorns are not the same as someone cloning 400 gigas.

Congrats Wildcard.  You just lost another player because of your incompetent rules and absolutely HORRIBLE customer service.

I sympathize with ya man ;/ I don't understand if WC gives us 500 dino limit then why couldn't they be shinehorn… and yes why can there be 300 level 5 gigas out but not shinehorn ...gigas are easy tames and clone cost is like 1500 shards after start up takes 5 hours to clone so 10 cloners =10 giga every 5 hours...this does needa adjustment to the rules forsure 

Who the hell reported you for having some shinehorns out. I have come across bases with 200-400+ manas and owls outside and nothing ever happened to them. 

I have also heard that some ''mega breeders'' form alliances with multiple tribes to overcome the 500 cap and have 1500 or more out for breeding.

Even if you had 100 shinehorns out, it's nothing compared to what some breeders leave outside.

1 hour ago, Fukushu said:

Who the hell reported you for having some shinehorns out.

You would be surprised, but most of official players are toxic as hell. If wildcard stated that having more than 20 shinypets out is breaking of CoC and any of them saw you actualy having them out, they are going to be like: "Daaaamn, do I see an adept for wipe? Yes I do. Lets get this fellas long-term work vanish."

People are naturally evil and malevolent and will report you just to suck on your tears. Why should you have fun and have these nice lvl/stats cute shinythings?

And yes, Im being extra salty because my exti base on PVE server was raided last night and they even brought a titan to load up all the metal, pearls, poly and ele they salvage. Little did they know they took only basic lvl gasbags babies in cryo and empty vaults.

2 hours ago, Fukushu said:

@Erinn and Wildcard still doesn't disable the wild dino teleport. All this PVE griefing could be mostly fixed if they disabled the possibility to teleport corrupted gigas to someones base...

Indeed you are right, the solution is as simple as that, but thats a subject for another topic.

Regarding the cute lil' shinythings that can be all placed in a 5x5 pen compared with an army of gigas completely blocking kilometers of map, they apparently generate too much movement: the light particles, the recharging light, their moving heads watching you and their cute little tail wags.

The thing that the gigas gigantic tails swipe left and right and when they turn their head they practicaly move their whole body because your character is small and insignificant is absolutely irrelevant. They dont generate light particles, so lets clone 300 of them. 

But damn, you have 21 shinygoats? Thats a horrible crime you monster!

3 hours ago, Erinn said:

You would be surprised, but most of official players are toxic as hell. If wildcard stated that having more than 20 shinypets out is breaking of CoC and any of them saw you actualy having them out, they are going to be like: "Daaaamn, do I see an adept for wipe? Yes I do. Lets get this fellas long-term work vanish."

People are naturally evil and malevolent and will report you just to suck on your tears. Why should you have fun and have these nice lvl/stats cute shinythings?

And yes, Im being extra salty because my exti base on PVE server was raided last night and they even brought a titan to load up all the metal, pearls, poly and ele they salvage. Little did they know they took only basic lvl gasbags babies in cryo and empty vaults.

The very reason I'm still on legacy no one can report me for such nonsense ? the report system is soooo flawed it needs a TLC lol people can just take a pic of your base because they want your land/gear if the admin leaves bags behind no idea on that .but ya they then report you get you dev wiped and take your land this is the meta on PVE official. And it's ? no body should tell you how to build or what the 500 Dino's should be ..should it say .sand box game with building restrictions and dinos\creatures you can take but only a few cute shiny ones ROFL

7 hours ago, Erinn said:

Disabling something is not like implementing completely new mechanic, should be relatively simple. So if corrupts are still teleportable then that's how devs want it I guess.

Plot twist: those tribes that kite corrupt dinos to raid people on pve are actually WC employees who control server load this way. That would also explain why only way they can get banned is if they come with passport to WC office with signed confession of CoC violation and you have to record it all with timestamps, coords, IP's and body temperature of everyone involved.

12 minutes ago, deedoubleu said:

Plot twist: those tribes that kite corrupt dinos to raid people on pve are actually WC employees who control server load this way. That would also explain why only way they can get banned is if they come with passport to WC office with signed confession of CoC violation and you have to record it all with timestamps, coords, IP's and body temperature of everyone involved.

Na.  I had an alliance member whose base was entirely podded up.  Got hit by some box tribes a few days ago.  She lost EVERYTHING.  They led 4 c-gigas to her base and it was completely destroyed.  4 c-gigas can wreck a base before the 15 minute orp kicks in

5 hours ago, Frikkie101 said:

What does shinehorns do that cause you to be warned to get wiped are they not just cute little pets or will raiders and people die because of how cute they are XD, but honestly is there like a game breaking glitch that shinehorns have?

Supposedly there is a list out there.  An "easy to tame and maintain" list.  This list has yet to be shown to players yet wildcard is actively WIPING tribes going off this list.

On 11/19/2019 at 10:41 AM, Erinn said:

Sorry man, it happened to me not long ago. Can I ask in what server number did it happen.
Btw, in my case they did not use teleport, they just tanked corrupted gigas to make them do the land path of my base in city (Im in the bridges) so I believe unless there is no physical way to reach the base the tp solution wont work.

And about the shinehorns limit, I think as long as the server is not reaching lets say 90% of tame cap, no penalties should be applied, and in case it is over 90% start applying penalties based on the number of dinos, not the types.

On 11/19/2019 at 4:29 AM, Dasham86 said:

Shinehorns

So I was one of the main breeders of shinehorns.  I was informed by wildcard that if I had more than 20 out at a time I was subject to being tribe wiped.  Yet someone is able to get a single mutation on a giga.  Clone it 400 times and keep all of those out.  There is ZERO rational behind this.  I am NOT taking up server cap by INTENTIONALLY spamming tames (as stated in the Code of Conduct for PVE griefing).  I was actively breeding them.  BUT NO!!!  Wildcard REFUSES!!!  ABsolutely REFUSES to share with me why my 297 shinehorns are not the same as someone cloning 400 gigas.

Congrats Wildcard.  You just lost another player because of your incompetent rules and absolutely HORRIBLE customer service.

I feel you dude,
mine and my Gf base on Abe got wiped with all the dinos, cause we "had too many lightpets and tried to tame cap a server", even though we were breeding Featherlights...
No warning, nothing, just came back home, turned on ark and found a wiped base with all the dinos, 1k+ hours completele wiped.   

So screw you "enforcement" team ?

1 hour ago, arkark said:

Can I ask in what server number did it happen.

inb4 925 Extinction legacy. Saw with my own eyes how some corrupted gigas just appeared on some base right below us and started eating everything there. IT wasn't the first or last tribe which was wiped there I have to say, a few friends of mine had suffered from griefers.

A lot of this griefing on Ext. could be easily stopped by disabling wild dino teleportation. 

People just build teleporters in the giga area on second tribe accounts and teleport gigas near your base, lure them to you and loot everything in the end.

The tribes responsible for this are very hard to report because you MUST have a video of them luring the gigas.

Even with the video I doubt that Wildcard will do much because I once send in a full video of 2 Chinese players luring Wyverns and multiple golems on Valg to our giga tame and nothing ever happened to them but people get wiped for shinehorns, such a joke.

28 minutes ago, Geneweave said:

inb4 925 Extinction legacy. Saw with my own eyes how some corrupted gigas just appeared on some base right below us and started eating everything there. IT wasn't the first or last tribe which was wiped there I have to say, a few friends of mine had suffered from griefers.

It was indeed 925 exti. I will not make the same mistake again, I will keep only the unnecessary things there and transfer loot from OSDs right away.

On 11/18/2019 at 10:07 PM, Lycan187u said:

I sympathize with ya man ;/ I don't understand if WC gives us 500 dino limit then why couldn't they be shinehorn… and yes why can there be 300 level 5 gigas out but not shinehorn ...gigas are easy tames and clone cost is like 1500 shards after start up takes 5 hours to clone so 10 cloners =10 giga every 5 hours...this does needa adjustment to the rules forsure 

Yea.  You should go look at the cloning cost for a 297 shinehorn.  Compare that to a giga.  And tell me just what the actual #$%@

Archived