Server restart message

Zen0rg

Suggestion

7 replies to this server topic

I run an unofficial cluster and I can tell you that if that is what you are playing on, you are probably running into the daily restart. We have one set for sometime around 4am. There isn't a warning before it goes off, in simply shuts down and restarts the maps. 

We were having issues with people losing creatures they were taming or missing imprints for a while, but once we got the word out, people just stayed away from doing anything the restart could affect heavily when it was nearing time or logging off for the 15 minutes it would take to restart the map. 

I can see where a warning would be nice, especially for new players who may join the maps - unaware of the daily restart, but we do not get too many new players too often as we are password protected. For those that aren't however, it could be nice. 

For that reason I can agree with this post. However at the same time, I cannot say for sure that there isn't already a way to do so. There may be a way schedule the message to go out just before the restart - I simply haven't tried to do so. 

5 minutes ago, SapphireSam7 said:

I run an unofficial cluster and I can tell you that if that is what you are playing on, you are probably running into the daily restart. We have one set for sometime around 4am. There isn't a warning before it goes off, in simply shuts down and restarts the maps. 

We were having issues with people losing creatures they were taming or missing imprints for a while, but once we got the word out, people just stayed away from doing anything the restart could affect heavily when it was nearing time or logging off for the 15 minutes it would take to restart the map. 

I can see where a warning would be nice, especially for new players who may join the maps - unaware of the daily restart, but we do not get too many new players too often as we are password protected. For those that aren't however, it could be nice. 

For that reason I can agree with this post. However at the same time, I cannot say for sure that there isn't already a way to do so. There may be a way schedule the message to go out just before the restart - I simply haven't tried to do so. 

Its not hard to get multiple triggered messages out before a daily restart. Lots of hosting services have this option built-in, like Nitrado and g-portal.

Just now, Aylana314159 said:

Its not hard to get multiple triggered messages out before a daily restart. Lots of hosting services have this option built-in, like Nitrado and g-portal.

I would imagine not, I simply haven't had the need to do so. Everyone on the cluster I run knows when it happens and it hasn't been an issue for months. 

The point is however, rather than having to add it when you sign on to build the map, it would be nice if they simply had a built in message that read "daily restart in XX:XX" as opposed to simply restarting it or requiring an additional set up. 

I am not saying that would have to, should, or need to, it would simply be nice if they did. I would be just one more thing those building servers wouldn't need to worry about - especially if they are new to the process as I had been when I started over a year ago. 

Archived