Make cryopods have a transfer timer equal to that of an actual dino tame

KRONOSDOUBLE

Suggestion

Make cryopods have a transfer timer equal to that of an actual dino tame

Its ridiculous that you can transfer hundreds of dinos at a time through cryopods to different servers, but using the original mechanism which involves walking/flying your tame to a supply drop/Obelisk and uploading it that way and then summoning it on a new server prevents it from being transferred off the same way for another 12 hours. 

Cryopods have broken the game and have made raiding 1000000x easier for trolls because they don't have to worry about someone finding their tames if they have to log off. All they have to do is cryo their tames and transfer back to whatever server they came from. Its not a fair fight anymore when trolls can uncryo a max stat giga from their inventory bar and then chew through everyone's tames on a server, just to leave without worrying a bit. They don't even take your stuff anymore. They come on server just to kill your tames, blow up your stuff, but leave all your items in their places

Please fix this 

14 replies to this server topic

Yes it's another way for trolls to troll but honestly I don't see what's "unfair" when it's a tactic that everyone can use. Back when they were an Extinction exclusive I could see your argument having a bit more validation but now that they're a universal engram it's not as valid. If they want to add it to a dino that would mean adding a whole new system to check where the dino was cryoed, when or even if it was transferred to another server and then add a timer that would prevent them from being cryoed again for 12 hours or have it start the same transfer clock. If they just have it do that all a person has to do is cryopod it again and if they don't add a thing to check for a upload timer and apply it to the cryo pod then again there goes the purpose of the cooldown. If they make it 12 hours before they can be cryoed again then you just take it to an ob and upload it from there. It'd add a lot more information that the cryopod and the servers would have to keep track of where every cryopod ever crafted is, what tame is in it as well as what server it was cryoed on and watch it actively. That takes resources from the servers to do. Then how would it function in Single Player? If not then that's ANOTHER check the game has to make as to whether it's in single player or not. or on Unofficial servers where you can just take your inventory on your character? What if they wanted to keep it on their character once then upload the item the next time? If they just have it "stamped" then you have the risk of an exploit arising to remove that "stamp" and transfer it without it getting the cooldown. If they were to say add a 12 hour cool down to use the cryopod again then you once more have the issue of tracking where the pod has been and all you have to do is get a new pod to jump servers again. If someone wants to take a dino from Server A to B then bring another dino back in the same cryopod because say its their only one they couldn't do that for another 12 hours.

I could see that being a nightmare to try and find the "fairest" way to code a system like that. People would complain regardless of how you try and honestly, people would probably still find a way to exploit it even with a cooldown timer unless they were to implement it where IF a dino is transferred in a cryopod then released on the new server then the dino CANNOT be cryoed for 12 hours AND it cannot be transferred for 12 hours. Even then I could see it happen. Which for some tames could be an issue. Say it was only to do one thing and you planned to cryo it up and take it back once you were done? Well now you have to wait 12 hours even if it's a good reason like you needed a flyer or a certain tame for something. In that regard needs of the many outweigh the few.

TL;DR: There are too many variables that would need to be accounted for and too many things that would need to be constantly monitored in order to implement this in a fair way that even then would just cause other issues be it due to resource demand or even just it leading to other exploits to get around it.

3 hours ago, johnm81 said:

IF you don't like pocket gigas then add a wind up timer for throwing out otherwise no to more transfer cool downs.

As I have stated, my issue isn't with pocket gigas. My issue is with trolls being able to transfer on and off server within a simple 15 min timer. Uploading tames through the obelisks and supply drops to another server causes those same tames to be un-uploadable to obelisks and supply drops on the other server for twelve hours.

Think of it this way, it's not so much adding another transfer timer as it is closing a loophole/fixing an exploit. 

19 hours ago, KRONOSDOUBLE said:

As I have stated, my issue isn't with pocket gigas. My issue is with trolls being able to transfer on and off server within a simple 15 min timer. Uploading tames through the obelisks and supply drops to another server causes those same tames to be un-uploadable to obelisks and supply drops on the other server for twelve hours.

Think of it this way, it's not so much adding another transfer timer as it is closing a loophole/fixing an exploit. 

Will your base be any less foundation wiped if the enemy has to cryopod their tames and hide them in a purlovia, reaper, sky boxed flyer, or deep sea tame afterwards?

No.

Your suggestion does nothing to protect your base and imposes even more annoying restrictions for zero gain.

2 hours ago, johnm81 said:

Bad idea would down vote if I could

Agree.

Transfer timers were a bad idea to begin with. In PvP, always be on guard. There shouldn't be any safe servers.

A quick strike and escape is often a great tactic. How ridiculous a concept would it be if the US dropped some bombs on a particular target then had to land in that country and wait for 12 hours to move out? Lol.

@yekrucifixion187 

On 11/29/2019 at 9:37 PM, yekrucifixion187 said:

Agree.

Transfer timers were a bad idea to begin with. In PvP, always be on guard. There shouldn't be any safe servers.

A quick strike and escape is often a great tactic. How ridiculous a concept would it be if the US dropped some bombs on a particular target then had to land in that country and wait for 12 hours to move out? Lol.

If people want to come on a server and raid I have no problem with that. I have a problem with people bringing over pocket gigas and pocket manas to a server, wiping bases on those servers and then transferring off within the next 15 min. It ridiculous and absurd that anyone could support something like this. Perhaps the real reason you support keeping transfers timers off cryopods between servers is because you are a part of a mega tribe and enjoy the lavish lifestyle it awarded you? Why ruin something that works for mega tribes, right? Might make the game a little more serious if mega tribes had to actually worry about potential loses from going and trolling servers if they knew they would have to wait right?

Also, If you don't like transfer timers, then perhaps you should advocate for them being removed on your own post? Unfortunately, this post is about closing a loophole that cryopods have created in the game that allow for limitless transference of tames between servers. This IS a loophole that needs to be resolved, and the only way for it to be resolved is to implement a transfer timer between servers on cryopods, just like there is for any other tame you upload into an Obelisk or supply drop and transfer to another server

On 12/3/2019 at 9:01 PM, KRONOSDOUBLE said:

Your assumptions are astounding. Its not about preventing my base from being wiped, its about what's fair. Raiding servers used to be more difficult because it took time to get in and off a server with your tames, not that is not the case. Is it too much to comprehend that this is in fact a loophole that needs to be closed?

Again, to help you understand... it is not about protecting my base. It IS about making transfers between servers what it is supposed to be. 

Wrong again. Putting in the timer doesn't make it harder to get in a server and hiding your stuff and transferring back for it 24 hours later doesn't add to the difficulty of raiding servers. 

Your assumptions are astounding.

It IS about making transfers between servers what it is supposed to be.

Wow! Now who is making astounding assumptions!

2 hours ago, johnm81 said:

Will your base be any less foundation wiped if the enemy has to cryopod their tames and hide them in a purlovia, reaper, sky boxed flyer, or deep sea tame afterwards?

No.

Your suggestion does nothing to protect your base and imposes even more annoying restrictions for zero gain.

Your assumptions are astounding. Its not about preventing my base from being wiped, its about what's fair. Raiding servers used to be more difficult because it took time to get in and off a server with your tames, not that is not the case. Is it too much to comprehend that this is in fact a loophole that needs to be closed?

Again, to help you understand... it is not about protecting my base. It IS about making transfers between servers what it is supposed to be. 

1 minute ago, KRONOSDOUBLE said:

@yekrucifixion187 

If people want to come on a server and raid I have no problem with that. I have a problem with people bringing over pocket gigas and pocket manas to a server, wiping bases on those servers and then transferring off within the next 15 min. It ridiculous and absurd that anyone could support something like this. Perhaps the real reason you support keeping transfers timers off cryopods between servers is because you are a part of a mega tribe and enjoy the lavish lifestyle it awarded you? Why ruin something that works for mega tribes, right? Might make the game a little more serious if mega tribes had to actually worry about potential loses from going and trolling servers if they knew they would have to wait right?

Also, If you don't like transfer timers, then perhaps you should advocate for them being removed on your own post? Unfortunately, this post is about closing a loophole that cryopods have created in the game that allow for limitless transference of tames between servers. This IS a loophole that needs to be resolved, and the only way for it to be resolved is to implement a transfer timer between servers on cryopods, just like there is for any other tame you upload into an Obelisk or supply drop and transfer to another server

To address your first part;

Cryopods are available to anybody at level 51 on any map. Anybody can transfer whatever in and out in 15 minutes and most people aren't cross raiding before that. Don't whine if you're stuck in bob status. Change your tactics. I am not in a mega tribe. I actually just started a new character in a recently wiped Arkpocalypse server with 1 buddy. I have no delusions of reaching Alpha status or keeping any of my stuff. I want to build a caveman and see how far hp, melee, and speed can take me. Try it out. Losing stuff doesn't matter as much with a wipe every 30 days. 

To address your second part;

I am providing a counter argument for WC to view if/when they see your suggestion. That's my right. Deal with it.

4 minutes ago, Purdbag said:

They should eliminate transfer timers altogether. They are dumb. Another PvP restriction that should not be implemented on pve

-myself and every other pve player ever.

If they were going to eliminate pvp transfer tamers, they would have done it already. Since they haven't, they need to close the loophole that cryopods have created 

Archived