Hand out calculators (no longer needed, thanks to Donn) SOLVED

captyarrr

Suggestion

7 replies to this server topic

14 minutes ago, captyarrr said:

Hand out calculators

According to someone at the devteam, the following imprintstats have been given on a giga on normal rates;

3% +

3%+

3%+

3%+

3%+

3%=

17% ?

How?

Simply put:  Rounding.

Longer answer:  Both of the displayed percentages that pop up when you cuddle and on a dino's stat-page are rounded up or down to the nearest whole-value.  3% does not mean 3%, but rather think of it as 2.5% to 3.4%.  In the case of Gigas and this example, you can find out a rough but closer estimate of a Giga's actual imprint with division.

imprint amount currently is 17%.  That of course means 16.5% to 17.4%.

-total imprint amount divided by number of imprints for low number --->  16.5/6= 2.75%

-total imprint amount divided by number of imprints for high number --->  17.4/6= 2.9%

So the imprint amount for Gigas is 2.75 to 2.9%.  Averaging them for a mean value, we get 2.825% from your numbers roughly, per imprint.  Only your provided numbers though, that isn't the actual amount, just the amount here with the numbers you provided.

1 minute ago, TheDonn said:

Simply put:  Rounding.

Longer answer:  Both of the displayed percentages that pop up when you cuddle and on a dino's stat-page are rounded up or down to the nearest whole-value.  3% does not mean 3%, but rather think of it as 2.5% to 3.4%.  In the case of Gigas and this example, you can find out a rough but closer estimate of a Giga's actual imprint with division.

imprint amount currently is 17%.  That of course means 16.5% to 17.4%.

-total imprint amount divided by number of imprints for low number --->  16.5/6= 2.75%

-total imprint amount divided by number of imprints for high number --->  17.4/6= 2.9%

So the imprint amount for Gigas is 2.75 to 2.9%.  Averaging them for a mean value, we get 2.825%, roughly, per imprint.

That explains loads, so iow its almost impossible to get them on 100%? Or does the last one round it up to 100%? When on time imprinted ofc.

2 minutes ago, captyarrr said:

That explains loads, so iow its almost impossible to get them on 100%? Or does the last one round it up to 100%? When on time imprinted ofc.

Almost, yes.  It is really damn hard.  People have said they have 100%'ed Gigas on Official, and I myself have gotten 97% but 97% with only the tiniest slipups over 12 days.  The margin is but mere minutes over the 12 days it takes to raise them.  I personally find hilarious irony in the fact that the longest raises with the most punishing maturation times also have the very smallest margin for error, while with other dinos you easily cruise to 100% being hours late on an imprint (excluding even Managarmr and the "training" addition).

On 11/20/2019 at 1:51 AM, TheDonn said:

As far as my limited mind knows: no, there isn't a way to see the exact imprint stat.  But there are already a lot of guides on this topic!  I just felt like giving you the info directly instead of the usual forum answer people give of "google it lol."  It helps to make the information delivery a lot better to answer you directly too, instead of you reading a 2-yearold post from a defunct forum user who you can't ask any followups to.

Well thanks for this!

You can see imprint % and maturation % with all its decimals by using the ark smart breeding tool.

If you want to manually calculate exact % per imprint on giga you have to divide 100 by 35, that is the number of imprints, its 2,857%. After 6 imprints it is 17,142%

I created a post some months ago when I was raising a giga, with a bit detailed progress of the maturation (I obtained 100% at the end but it was very tight)

6 hours ago, captyarrr said:

Thanks.

Is there a way to see the exact imprintstats as well?

(This is turning out to be a little guide if we can keep this up?)

As far as my limited mind knows: no, there isn't a way to see the exact imprint stat.  But there are already a lot of guides on this topic!  I just felt like giving you the info directly instead of the usual forum answer people give of "google it lol."  It helps to make the information delivery a lot better to answer you directly too, instead of you reading a 2-yearold post from a defunct forum user who you can't ask any followups to.

On 11/18/2019 at 3:49 PM, TheDonn said:

Almost, yes.  It is really damn hard.  People have said they have 100%'ed Gigas on Official, and I myself have gotten 97% but 97% with only the tiniest slipups over 12 days.  The margin is but mere minutes over the 12 days it takes to raise them.  I personally find hilarious irony in the fact that the longest raises with the most punishing maturation times also have the very smallest margin for error, while with other dinos you easily cruise to 100% being hours late on an imprint (excluding even Managarmr and the "training" addition).

Thanks.

Is there a way to see the exact imprintstats as well?

(This is turning out to be a little guide if we can keep this up?)

Archived