Question abt Tek Cloner

Jabroni429

2 hours ago, Jabroni429 said:

Question abt Tek Cloner

I am using a cloner for the first time and I am wondering, does it consume the majority of the shards early on? It said the clone would cost about 12,000 and 4 hours in  there are only 6,000 left. Also, what would happen if it ran out of shards?

I play on an xbox official server and have cloned many different things many different times. It costs half the amount it says it needs, it uses the shards as soon as you press clone, once cloning in progress it's safe to remove remaining shards. Only thing to make sure doesn't happen is what Erinn said, don't let tek geny switch off. If this happens you loose the clone and the shards spent. I usually throw the shards that didn't get used in the geny for safety.

3 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

One further tip - you can't mix shards and element in the tek gen for power.  It will consume one or the other until it runs out of them and then would shut off.  It won't switch from element to element shards once the element runs out.  Plan accordingly.

Did they fix it? I am pretty sure it used to switch from element to shards and vise versa before. Only problem was that there would be short pause when switching and that would abort cloning.

Archived