(POLL) How do yall feel about different Character Classes?

KRONOSDOUBLE

Would you like to see Character Classes in Ark  

10 members have voted

1. 1. This is simply a Poll to spread awareness of this topic. I have another post in the game suggestions tab that goes into much more detail about this subject and my ideas for it. If you would like to check it out then feel free.

(POLL) How do yall feel about different Character Classes?

An example of some of these character classes would be Warriors and Archers, but I do have a few outlier classes proposed as well. If you would like a more in-depth explanation of these character classes and what they could be, I have recently started a post in the Game Suggestions tab that explains this more clearly. My reasoning behind creating a few different character classes is that our individual characters need some TLC just like our dinos do, and I think this could be something that does that. 

58 minutes ago, KRONOSDOUBLE said:

You did not follow the link to my post in the Game Suggestions tab before you posted this did you?

And you didn't put the link in the first message in this thread, did you?

I didn't read it either, but I've played plenty of games that had this feature (or at least limited the player from changing roles easily). Hated it. A game can become boring even when you are not restricted to one role. For me, being restricted to one role is a guarantee that I'll get bored with the game that much quicker.

17 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

No thanks. 

Characters are fine. They don't need niches. I didn't buy nor do I play this game for character development. I play it for dinos and story development, which it satisfies.

3 minutes ago, Archaole said:

No. There are games for that. No need to make this game like them, just play those

@yekrucifixion187 @Archaole did either of you follow the link to the other post I have in Game Suggestions that goes into much more detail on the topic?

2 minutes ago, wildbill said:

And you didn't put the link in the first message in this thread, did you?

I didn't read it either, but I've played plenty of games that had this feature (or at least limited the player from changing roles easily). Hated it. A game can become boring even when you are not restricted to one role. For me, being restricted to one role is a guarantee that I'll get bored with the game that much quicker.

You still didn't read the other post then that I linked to? And while it wasn't in the very first comment, it was in the 2nd comment, both of which where mine.

I would suggest reading my post in Game Suggestions before commenting further

43 minutes ago, KRONOSDOUBLE said:

@yekrucifixion187 @Archaole did either of you follow the link to the other post I have in Game Suggestions that goes into much more detail on the topic?

Absolutely. 

I am not interested in them dedicating any part of their creative team to an overhaul of characters and specialties within a class.

I'd prefer their creative team focus on dino tlc's, creature and map development, and furthering of the story. 

(Specialties relating to the perks you detailed for a class. It's extra calculations thus extra coding)

11 minutes ago, KRONOSDOUBLE said:

If you follow the link I am posting here, you will see that that is actually the exact opposite of my proposal

I read your post and I don't see your point. A class system forces teamplay because it prevents one character from accesing all the content and/or bonusses that a group can acces. A group will always have easier acces to the bonusses of all classes.

34 minutes ago, Archaole said:

No why follow the link to something thats already been talked about. I hate the idea of classes and games that have them so I play this game, that doesn't have them

21 minutes ago, wildbill said:

I agree, total waste of time to read something I don't like either.

Seems to me that you both are just willfully ignorant. You dont want to look at something I have posted that I believe to be a good idea that could actually make the game better simply because you have seen something you believe to be similar. The only problem with this assumption you have is that you have yet to read my suggestion, therefore you CANT compare it to something you may or may not have already seen. Pathetic

what i would like to see is a Updated Creator like Atlas to add muscle , fat , belly , age ETC

and also it would be cool if there were skills to help your like beastmaster , craftsman , Ranger , warrior , Medic , survivalist  , Chef and armorer 

beastmaster    Helps with some stats, increases taming speed  breeding speed , reduced damage buy (class dino's) and improves Natural Saddle Quality!

Craftsman improves Building HP , improves turrets , Building resistance , and improves building quality like ramshackle

Ranger, Improves Ranged attacks , increases range/damage of bows, improves recoil from weapons! and improves quality of weapons and durability 

warrior new melee attacks, improves club damage! , slight increase of melee damage! and improves melee weapon quality and durability 

Medic Able to heal faster, able to make first aid kits, improves resistance form torpor , improves resistance of nearby allies, improves quality of max HP and healing items 

Survivalist gather more resources, decreases speed of hunger/thirst , Decreases effects of posions/other illnesses, reduced fall damage!  reduced weight of some items improves quality of Max stamina , and resources harvesting 

Chef Improves crops growth , increases food/water fullness , improved natural buffs for eating . improves quality of foods crafted!

Armorer Improves armor durability , reduces weight , adds more protection , improves temperature protection,  improves quality of armor!  

note you cant earn all the skills/ perks !

• Volunteer Moderator

Well, making a thread just to link to another is very unnecessary. There is no reason to make an external poll and duplicate the discussion when players can vote and discuss the same topic in the suggestions section. Please continue the discussion over there.

Archived