Turkey Trials

JohnnyWaffles

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Jab1983 said:

Overpowered turkeys

Found several turkeys all are level 250 way over powered my level 245 poison waveryn with melee at 647 don't even touch their health 

I just use lightening, and as I fire I keep walking backwards so the Turkey doesn't reach me. Plenty of times i've killed them with out them hitting me once.

3 hours ago, WarpSpasm said:

I am starting to think that the turkeys, dodorex and 'accidental' overspawns of wyverns and raptors are an attempt to combat duped tames while WC works on a fix to stop duping. Can't wait to see what killer critters we might get during winter wonderland.

killer reindeers

anyone know how many gigabytes of internet it takes for the update

advice to those who have never experienced turkey trials.

. lock up and protect all tames: this counts for both pvp and pve. turkeys are more aggressive that gigas (trust me), i promise players will drag them to your base and make them aggro onto your base, turkeys also spawned inside bases on occasion (courtyards and anywhere outside and open in bases) this caused alot of mayhem as when players logged back on their tames were dead, served on a platter. i suggest cryoing your tames OR store them in a cave or somewhere hard for an evil, demented screwed up demon killer turkey to get to.

.do not fight it with tames: so i learnt this the very hard way, way back in the old trials me and my tribe lost all of our tames, unless u using something like a wyvern or mana i suggest u leave it be, they do take more damage from projectiles so maybe velanos may work. they also have the ability to call all wild dinos to arm and defend them, the radius for the effect is pretty big. its also harder to hit due to it being small, unlike the dodorex which was just insanely massive and easy to hit this thing is small and hits hard.

. do not f*** with the turkey: it has the temper of a giga on crack and has enraged, this thing will hunt u down once u have aggored it, so unless u plan to run and hide for the rest of your life i suggest u leave it alone, i suggest to screw worshiping raptor god and just start worshiping the turkey as that may spare u from it fits.

. turn off all ranged base defenses: ok so this is kind of an option, it depends what mode your on. but unless u want your base to be demolished cause a turret or velano or plant X shot a turkey, i suggest u turn them off and leave them off. 

unless u are a pro ark player or have experienced the trials before i suggest u just ditch ark while the event is active and go play another game that does not have killer demon turkeys in it. also even going near that thing will piss it off so watch your step. the turkey is the most feared creature in ark.

8 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

i promise players will drag them to your base and make them aggro onto your base

While this might well be the case on officials, anyone doing that on any of my servers would very shortly find an admin outside their own base with an admin rifle slowing destroying pieces of their base and tames in front of their eyes ;) ?

So is there a particular reason for boss-type random spawn dinos roaming around and appearing inside peoples' bases and destroying everything worse than a newly-implemented dev treat?

I have yet to be able to do a complete turkey trial event as I was always usually busy...but from what I'm seeing....is this basically just cancerous and stupid for a wide variety of people who can't cryo their tames? Or is it actually a decent event?

1 hour ago, Masurao said:

So is there a particular reason for boss-type random spawn dinos roaming around and appearing inside peoples' bases and destroying everything worse than a newly-implemented dev treat?

I have yet to be able to do a complete turkey trial event as I was always usually busy...but from what I'm seeing....is this basically just cancerous and stupid for a wide variety of people who can't cryo their tames? Or is it actually a decent event?

it freakin awsome, however i just watch some vids on it, THEY MAD EIT PASSIVE AND IT IS EXTREMLY WEAK NOW

how could u WC, the turkey was amazing, it would have been a great wya to clear bases on pvp and pve allowing for new players to build up. i am sooooo sad now, makes me bummed out about it. u ruined my second fav event.

15 minutes ago, Kodking194 said:

it freakin awsome, however i just watch some vids on it, THEY MAD EIT PASSIVE AND IT IS EXTREMLY WEAK NOW

how could u WC, the turkey was amazing, it would have been a great wya to clear bases on pvp and pve allowing for new players to build up. i am sooooo sad now, makes me bummed out about it. u ruined my second fav event.

As I'm playing now, the turkeys don't seem to be aggressive unless aggro'd. Thats good for just in case they spawn inside your base and your turrets don't aggro it and it eliminates everything. In PvE servers, sicking them on the many platforms that take up space would be a decent idea if they're being pain, but at the same time that could be used to just troll....and thats just plain annoying.

I rather enjoy how they have things now for PvE at least. I still don't see how people even PvP on officials anymore. I can't fathom it.

7 hours ago, Jimbodiah said:

This is seriously limited to The Island? Who the hell plays that map anymore? Why is it not on every map?

Oh, and first reports of broken spawns are already in.

WC seems to be only able to fukc things up now.

its not only on the island u nitwit

10 hours ago, Masurao said:

As I'm playing now, the turkeys don't seem to be aggressive unless aggro'd. Thats good for just in case they spawn inside your base and your turrets don't aggro it and it eliminates everything. In PvE servers, sicking them on the many platforms that take up space would be a decent idea if they're being pain, but at the same time that could be used to just troll....and thats just plain annoying.

I rather enjoy how they have things now for PvE at least. I still don't see how people even PvP on officials anymore. I can't fathom it.

while true about the trolling, if the turkeys were their old selves and they spawned inside or near the griever/ troll's base, they too would have been screwed.

On 11/19/2019 at 12:22 PM, WarpSpasm said:

I didn't wish to assume your gender as that can cause too much (unnecessary) trouble in this day and age.

When it comes to online gaming, everyone is a dude even if they say they're not. The only way ill even entertain the thought that someone might be female is once i get voice confirmation, and even then they are suspect. WAY too many creepy guys claiming to be females so they can get free stuff.

It wont let me summon the dodorex.  I have 400 bones and click the option in the pot.  It says dinos to close to summon ritual.  So i wipe map after i render out my tames and try again with a pot in the middle of nowhere.  It still says it cant because dinos are to close to summon ritual...But theres absolutely no dinos, wild or tamed, nearby...

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2019 at 12:36 PM, WarpSpasm said:

I am starting to think that the turkeys, dodorex and 'accidental' overspawns of wyverns and raptors are an attempt to combat duped tames while WC works on a fix to stop duping. Can't wait to see what killer critters we might get during winter wonderland.

Obviously I haven't seen the code, but I would bet the problem is Valguero. 

We've already seen the evidence with Deino's laying regular Raptor eggs and Valguero Ice Wyverns reverting to regular Ice Wyverns during transfers.

I think, WC thought they could get away with just copy pasting the old Fear Evolved code, and the old Turkey Trial code from years past, when Valguero wasn't a thing.  But there must be markers in the code that treat Raptors and Deinos the same, and Valg wyverns as regular wyverns.   I don't know exactly what happened, but when ice wyverns on Rag suddenly turned into Zombie Fire Wyverns even after they supposedly "fixed" the overspawns the dots start to show connections.

Maybe I'm completely off base, but why didn't the Raptor overspawn effect Island servers?  Extinction servers?  Aberration servers?

3 hours ago, IrishReptile said:

the turkey trail event is over, but the turkeys are still here; why?  when will the super turkeys be gone period off the game? im tired of losing all of my dino's.... im sick of the Turkey's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they extended the event to "make up for the disaster during a patch" also if your tames are dying from them then they must be on aggressive as turkeys are passive. so its kind of your own fault.

Archived