We need more ''NO BUILDING AREAS''

Fukushu

We need more ''NO BUILDING AREAS''

Hello everyone,

I made a report today on many, many tribes from my server for blocking off Charge Nodes and I have written tickets before regarding this matter but it's getting out of hand.

IMO such people are the epitome of selfishness. They clearly know that other people would need access to such things but simply ignored that thought and started blocking them off anyway.

I would kindly ask Wildcard to set up more ''No building Areas'' around such spots like they are used on drops/OSD's and some other things. 

I bet many people have experienced such things before and that this practice is still ''normal'' on many servers because people are often too lazy to report them, do not immediately need those spots or simply don't know that it's against the rules on PVE.

The ''No Building Areas'' could also be used on many other spots, I know it's a survival game but people are not playing alone on official and you can't just remove their pillars/buildings like on PVP.

How about the map just gets divided up into areas, each PvE player gets one area and no one else can even enter that space?

How about letting PvE players just place metal nodes or drops in their own bases so they don't have to go anywhere dangerous?

How about every PvE player gets their own personal GM to follow them around and take care of every problem for them?

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, SMP said:

How about the map just gets divided up into areas, each PvE player gets one area and no one else can even enter that space?

How about letting PvE players just place metal nodes or drops in their own bases so they don't have to go anywhere dangerous?

How about every PvE player gets their own personal GM to follow them around and take care of every problem for them?

Do I really have to explain why these suggestions are terrible?

3 minutes ago, SMP said:

1. Having lots wouldn't be a terrible idea for official PvE.

2. This has nothing to do with dangerous areas. But individuals taking over maps and blocking. In PvE there isn't PvP to deal with issues that seem have been neglected by the devs.

3. This is ridiculous. No GMs needed if the devs fix the underlying issues with PvE as a game mode through game mechanics NOT unenforced rules.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

1. Having lots wouldn't be a terrible idea for official PvE.

Let me buy multiple copies of the game during sales and claim an entire server. Oh wait, I can also claim area on others? Count me in! Just like that I claimed the entire official network and there is nothing you can do about it. Go play unofficial, official is now my private cluster.

30 minutes ago, SMP said:

Is this your attempt at sarcasm?

How about everyone on these forums have a daily ration of common sense, so each post would have some?

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

Let me buy multiple copies of the game during sales and claim an entire server. Oh wait, I can also claim area on others? Count me in! Just like that I claimed the entire official network and there is nothing you can do about it. Go play unofficial, official is now my private cluster.

It's not a great idea either. I personally don't think PvE belongs on official servers since they aren't managed. Cannot force people to play nice and share.

Wildcard should move PvE base-building into seperate instances like it is in e.g. EQ2.

Means, players can place a door elsewhere on the map, and if they click the door a seperate instance will be loaded with only the owner and his guests in it. There they can build their usual crazy large lag-hells and do not annoy other players with it.

1 hour ago, Zapha said:

Wildcard should move PvE base-building into seperate instances like it is in e.g. EQ2.

Means, players can place a door elsewhere on the map, and if they click the door a seperate instance will be loaded with only the owner and his guests in it. There they can build their usual crazy large lag-hells and do not annoy other players with it.

I doubt WC is capable of implementing such a system. Easier to just make all official servers some form of PvP. Like weekend PvP or purge days.

No one in this forum should take SMP serious, he is only here to troll. I would recommend not to argue with him because he only does it for attention.

Back to the topic: I think the easiest solution would just be no building areas in a small proximity around City Terminals, Oil Veins, Charge Nodes and other things that should be available to everyone on PVE.

When Extinction launched, we even had a tribe trying to block off the way down into the forest biome which seems crazy. Some people will always try to have things for their own. I just remember the guy who blocked off the wyvern trench on Ragnarok to farm eggs for himself. People had to report him because he didn't see anything wrong with what he was doing. 

Such issues could all be fixed with no building areas and would relieve the report system.

2 minutes ago, Fukushu said:

No one in this forum should take SMP serious, he is only here to troll. I would recommend not to argue with him because he only does it for attention.

Back to the topic: I think the easiest solution would just be no building areas in a small proximity around City Terminals, Oil Veins, Charge Nodes and other things that should be available to everyone on PVE.

When Extinction launched, we even had a tribe trying to block off the way down into the forest biome which seems crazy. Some people will always try to have things for their own. I just remember the guy who blocked off the wyvern trench on Ragnarok to farm eggs for himself. People had to report him because he didn't see anything wrong with what he was doing. 

Such issues could all be fixed with no building areas and would relieve the report system.

The loophole is that people will just build bigger around no build areas.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

It's not a great idea either.

Well, I wasn't suggesting anything. I simply pointed how easily exploitable the suggestion you said wasn't a terrible idea is.

5 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

I personally don't think PvE belongs on official servers since they aren't managed. Cannot force people to play nice and share.

Believe it or not, they are actually managed. ?

PVE server are totally managed but like I said: People often see it as ''normal'' at this point in the ''first come first serve'' manner while not even knowing that this is against the rules. Those people will repeat the same thing and so on. 

When Valguero came out, we had a 1 man tribe pillar a whole square on the map in the ice area around the blue Obelisk. Such behaviour shouldn't be normal and people need to understand and report this. Sadly, only a small part of the whole Ark community is on the forums or have read the CoC.

16 hours ago, SMP said:

That made me laugh. Unfortunately you've summed up what a lot of folks really would like, some kind of super easy mode.

4 hours ago, Fukushu said:

@TheDonn the issue is that your only option on PVE is to share. You can't destroy metal buildings from others if they decide to wall off any resources like nodes, oil veins or city terminals. A single tribe could deny the whole server access to any of those if they decided to do so.

In the days of legacy (don't know if you played then or not), we saw how much people actually were willing to "share."  People hoarded off entire obelisks for themselves (with structures) and/or foundation-spammed metal-spawn areas for the lolz occasionally until GMs implemented the new no-build areas on the new set of officials.  I'm not arguing against you or @Aylana314159's point (or points), what I said was more of a joke than anything...  But I think "forced cooperation" is being mistaken for "sharing" and it absolutely isn't the same thing.  People don't mass-resource-block for months at a time nowadays because they want to "share" with others, but rather because WildCard wipes people's bases for less and they don't want to be the next target.  Kindness and true community is something that is very, very rare on Official PvE, much to the chagrin of the developers.  Most of the servers are just either silent tribes/players who you will never hear a single word out of, sales-tribes, or people humble-bragging about how it is such a drag that they have 2 dedi-storage full of ingots and already a full TEK base.

But at least "forced cooperation" is better than nothing.  Left 100% to their own, every mountaintop would be built off, along with every obelisk.  The game software limits them from building there and in other places, so they don't, which regardless of how we come to it, is good for the server!  

Archived