Sign in to follow this  
Clockradio

Should I report this

Should I report this

Been player Ark for a couple of years with my kids on official. We are not crazy good and tame build nothing crazy. 

received a party invite and message from a couple of players we do not know. I told them we don't have a microphone but can chat on text. 
They replied that they know we don't have a mic but want us "to listen to them". Or they will wipe our base. Told them that we have kids in our tribe and that won't happen. 

they persisted with a count down and attacked us sending pics of the destruction telling us that they will stop if we come back and talk to them.

i have the interaction on PS4 app and at this point will not share their gamer tags.

is this something I should report?They were definitely creepy and persisted after I told them no conversation because of the Kids

1 hour ago, Clockradio said:

Should I report this

Been player Ark for a couple of years with my kids on official. We are not crazy good and tame build nothing crazy. 

received a party invite and message from a couple of players we do not know. I told them we don't have a microphone but can chat on text. 
They replied that they know we don't have a mic but want us "to listen to them". Or they will wipe our base. Told them that we have kids in our tribe and that won't happen. 

they persisted with a count down and attacked us sending pics of the destruction telling us that they will stop if we come back and talk to them.

i have the interaction on PS4 app and at this point will not share their gamer tags.

is this something I should report?They were definitely creepy and persisted after I told them no conversation because of the Kids

Report them for raiding you on a PVP server? That is indeed a serious crime.....

Welcome to ARK PVP. There are no rules in Official PVP apart from don't cheat.  Whether you have your kids in the tribe or whether your wife really loves her pink dinosaur, very few other people on the server will care. You are just another base/tribe to be killed and wiped. Telling them that your a family tribe is probably only going to make them laugh and spur them on.

Since you are new my advice would to be try and join a large alpha tribe. It's a good way to learn some of the basics of the PVP side of the game for a new player and offers a degree of survivability. For the most part you will awake each day and your giant tribe's base will still be there, along with all its tames. They also offer a sense of community for those that are into that.

8 hours ago, Fukushu said:

@Clockradio you should go find a PVE server to play. People in PVP will do everything they can to destroy everything you have. 

You can't report for this matter in PVP because it's PVP = No rules (other than cheating clearly)

Even on pvp there is rules. Direct quote from CoC. 

Ensure that you do not:

> Offend - this includes but is not limited to language which is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, sexually explicit, or racially, ethnically or otherwise offensive.

> Harass, Stalk, Threaten - such as sending repeated unsolicited or unwelcome messages to specific users/tribes and can include but not limited to those sexual in nature or messages that would cause discomfort.

56 minutes ago, Luewen said:

Even on pvp there is rules. Direct quote from CoC. 

Ensure that you do not:

> Offend - this includes but is not limited to language which is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, sexually explicit, or racially, ethnically or otherwise offensive.

> Harass, Stalk, Threaten - such as sending repeated unsolicited or unwelcome messages to specific users/tribes and can include but not limited to those sexual in nature or messages that would cause discomfort.

I suggest reporting and let the staff decide.

19 hours ago, brenon45 said:

So they were being offensive and you didnt want your kids to hear it... Umm I'm not crazy but the game is rated M correct? 

image.thumb.png.66e9dc1127e2e01011c1c24453a92a99.png

Nope, it is not rated M.  Therefore, all adult behavior should be appropriate around children.  

Edited by GrumpyBear

4 minutes ago, johnm81 said:

The rating is for the game content provided by the studio. But it doesn't cover content injected into it by its player base. No?

Possibly but the game has rules for player conduct as well as the systems the games are played on.

So depending on the words spoken/written, they could be in violation of those rules.

Of course enforcement of those rules is a different matter but they are written so are subject to action if the studio/system choose too.

I say go ahead and do what you want.  Just know that the contract you agreed to when you purchased the game basically says they can do what they want and you have to live w/ whatever they decide.  I haven't heard of any game falling apart because they kicked out toxic players.

Edited by GrumpyBear

6 hours ago, johnm81 said:

The rating is for the game content provided by the studio. But it doesn't cover content injected into it by its player base. No?

Its for content provided by studio as ratings dont rate online interactions but if you are playing on official network you need to adhere to rules set by company in coc.

Edited by Luewen