New ARK PVE\PVP Community

IndianapolisJones

New ARK PVE\PVP Community

Hello,

I'm interested in starting a small community for dedicated ARK players. I have a private server and would like to setup a PVE first but PVP if tribe war declared/accepted scenario. I can host a web forum and discord community dedicated to the server as well where we can discuss mods to add, maps, configuration tweaks etc.

Builders welcome, resource gathering can be set high to reduce the grind. I'm open to any settings we can all agree on.

All suggestions welcome.

(edit) The server is for PC clients.

#7009 on Discord (Rogue0) 

Send me a message and join the community.

20191115230016_1.thumb.jpg.3465ff91736cce44e8bf45a56275d3c2.jpg

10 minutes ago, IndianapolisJones said:

Perhaps you're confusing a good idea that's been poorly implemented as a bad idea. Any productive suggestions on how to make it work are welcome.

It doesn't work. If you create this false world where you have a PVE zone and a PVP zone what will always happen is that smart players will build their base and store all their valuables in the PVE zone where it can't be touched and as a result you will have this dead and meaningless "PVP" zone that serves no point.

The only PVP you will have in there will be pointless pre arranged fights between two naked people.

It's the same problem that plagues ORP servers (Offline Raiding Protection). Players just create alt tribes to store their loot in and simply never login except to add/retrieve from the vaults. 

This is an unofficial server of which I am the admin. I can designate a time and place on the map for a PVP war between tribes, use creative mode to spawn in plenty of gear, ammo, building materials to build up and then said tribes meet and agree to a tribe war. Nobody needs to sacrifice any valuables they don't agree to. There are many possibilities. Any productive suggestions welcome.

3 hours ago, IndianapolisJones said:

This is an unofficial server of which I am the admin. I can designate a time and place on the map for a PVP war between tribes, use creative mode to spawn in plenty of gear, ammo, building materials to build up and then said tribes meet and agree to a tribe war. Nobody needs to sacrifice any valuables they don't agree to. There are many possibilities. Any productive suggestions welcome.

Well you've basically stated there that your server will only offer meaningless PVP. In ARK PVP is not just raw combat its a whole bunch of stuff combined including diplomacy/politics, loot and combat among other things. Your idea removes 2 of those - diplomacy and loot. All you have left is little more then arena PVP.

Most players engage in PVP because its rewarding, you blow up the other guys base and take his stuff. Stuff in the game takes time and effort therefore raiding him is a good strategy. What you are saying is all you will be able to do is jab a naked guy with your pike because he won't be keeping any values in the PVP area.

That means few PVP players will be interested and those that join will soon leave. It sounds like a disaster already.

Also by spawning in stuff you raise the question of admin impartiality. You will be accused of bias and favouring certain tribes by players on your server.  In addition by giving away free stuff you will also wreck the economy of the server leading to hyperinflation. A well run server is one where the admin plays little to no part save for enforcing well defined rules.

12 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Well you've basically stated there that your server will only offer meaningless PVP. In ARK PVP is not just raw combat its a whole bunch of stuff combined including diplomacy/politics, loot and combat among other things. Your idea removes 2 of those - diplomacy and loot. All you have left is little more then arena PVP.

Most players engage in PVP because its rewarding, you blow up the other guys base and take his stuff. Stuff in the game takes time and effort therefore raiding him is a good strategy. What you are saying is all you will be able to do is jab a naked guy with your pike because he won't be keeping any values in the PVP area.

That means few PVP players will be interested and those that join will soon leave. It sounds like a disaster already.

Also by spawning in stuff you raise the question of admin impartiality. You will be accused of bias and favouring certain tribes by players on your server.  In addition by giving away free stuff you will also wreck the economy of the server leading to hyperinflation. A well run server is one where the admin plays little to no part save for enforcing well defined rules.

I didn't state the PVP would be meaningless, you inferred it. If this wouldn't be fun for you then no worries, it will be fun for others. 

There is no admin bias if both sides are spawned in the same stuff. Just a fair fight where skill, strategy and teamwork will decide the winner. Hyperinflation only pertains to things valued in currency. The only currency here is time, and this doesn't favor the tribe who has many more hours to play the game and grind. Not everyone may be after the same experience as you.

Best of luck on other servers, it doesn't sound like this is the one for you.

Archived