Any help or ideas would be great

Killerfish

Any help or ideas would be great

Unsure where to drop this or what to do so ill do it here.

Play on windows 10 and with Steam.
Playing ark for a few weeks 100% fine and played in the past 100% fine.

Suddenly, just the other day I cant get into the server I was playing on, server is <not responding>. Tho everyone else can get into the server, it is an unofficial server. Come to find out through experimenting with other servers official and unofficial I cant get into servers I have been in before.
I find a server, I can get into it once, and then I leave the server, and suddenly it is <not responding>.
In game it will say “no sessions found” for “my survivors” or “favorites” and the server disappears from the list of all servers. As well, the server in steam view>servers>favorites the servers are

<not responding>

I have tried…

Messing with mods

File verification

Launch options

Launching straight from battlemetric

Reinstall ark

reinstall steam

winstock reset

Computer restarts

Modem restarts

Ports….kinda I think, ports confuse me, but in any case i never needed them before.

Messing with anti virus

Never use hacks or cheats and my VAC is all good

tho a friend can log on to my steam from their house and get onto my character.

so just really out of ideas

19 hours ago, romanaka3 said:

Did you try lauching Ark from ar folder not steam?

tried running from the ark folder, that is a no go. 

19 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Which version is giving you trouble, Win10 or Steam?

running ark with steam. but my system is win10, just mentioned it in case it was helpful.

19 hours ago, M0uldyZ0mbie said:

when one of your friends is on right click on steam profile and press join game, once you in the game, leave server and add to your favourites list.

also i can never find my server unless i change the box down the bottom to "my survivors"

we have tried the "join" and "invite to game" with steam friends that does not work either. 

the server is already in my favorites in the steam program view>server>favorites  it is just tagged <not responding> and in game no survivors show up in "my survivors". once i enter any server and leave the server becomes <not responding>

Sounds like firewall / networking issues: Has your ISP, router, means of connection changed over the while?

You say messing around with Anti Virus, have you tried to join with the AV disabled?

There was a comment in one of the change logs that talked about Overhaul of Networking Code (think it was v 301?) Maybe that has broken stuff for you, in which case a ticket might help ... but given my experience with tickets - maybe not :)

On 11/16/2019 at 4:58 AM, DirkInSA said:

Sounds like firewall / networking issues: Has your ISP, router, means of connection changed over the while?

You say messing around with Anti Virus, have you tried to join with the AV disabled?

There was a comment in one of the change logs that talked about Overhaul of Networking Code (think it was v 301?) Maybe that has broken stuff for you, in which case a ticket might help ... but given my experience with tickets - maybe not :)

no, everything as far as the internet is the same and every other online game works just fine, only ark is having this issue.
I have tried with the anti virus off.
Just got my ticket back and they said that they could not help at all with my problem.

19 minutes ago, Killerfish said:

no, everything as far as the internet is the same and every other online game works just fine, only ark is having this issue.
I have tried with the anti virus off.
Just got my ticket back and they said that they could not help at all with my problem.

joined any xbox parties lately? ppl can get ur ip threw the party inv.

Archived