Legacy 2 servers? Oh no you don't

DrCrippin

5 hours ago, covenantgrunt said:

If you play on official pvp do you honestly think the servers offer competitive pvp  environment anymore ? Existing tribes have dino lines with ludicrous stats. You basically can not start a new tribe today unless someone gives you those lines first. New players with no links to official megatribe scene have no chance of playing officials today. The servers are all dead because of it. We have over 400 servers in official pvp cluster, a cluster that sit at around 2500 players at peak, around 6-7 player per server average population. The devs are spending enormous amount of money keeping alive dead servers. And for what ? To please a handful of dying megatribes who dont want a challenge and instead sit on accomplishments from their past ?

You couldn't have said it any better. Literally what I've noticed too. I made a topic earlier about this because I took a 10+ month break only to come back to my friend's tribe where they had been given lvl 320+ tames like a Giga with 900%+ melee damage and other CRAZY stats on tames.

This causes griefers to go from server to server with ease and wipe any base just for the sake of some action.

We were setting up on Abberation (official) after the allies agreed to accept our tribe and 3 hours in to building our base (Industrial forge/crafting station/heavy turrets, structures, etc) a group of 4 griefers came over with a Mek and literally rushed our entire "base" while smashing the few heavy turrets with ease and the entire crafting station before allies could arrive to help. There's just no sense of security anymore, it's extremely hard to get set up because the difference is HUGE between an average tribe and a well established tribe with links to mega tribes, like you said. 

2 hours ago, BertNoobians said:

we help beginning tribes with dinos and help defend them.
if you think you can make it on your own in this game you gonna fail bad and a wipe is not going to change that.

we get attacked and we attack almost everyday. even if they come with duped stuff it can be a lot of fun.
they often have no skill and die within minutes.
our tribe cleaned a lot of "unraidable" ice caves.

if megatribe players think the servers are stale then you are just not being creative, you can grab one of your thousand kits you have ready and go pvp wherever you want.

What is there to pvp anymore ? There are no bases anymore. People live in unraidable crouch caves defended by mesh biting gigas. People are literally griefing spam these days thats how boring official pvp has become.

How do clean ice caves ? I mean I have done it for offline caves. But any decent tribe has bots and players online round the clock. And offlining a cave is not near as fun fighting a base with defenders online, like people used back in legacy or early officials.

7 minutes ago, Crows said:

You couldn't have said it any better. Literally what I've noticed too. I made a topic earlier about this because I took a 10+ month break only to come back to my friend's tribe where they had been given lvl 320+ tames like a Giga with 900%+ melee damage and other CRAZY stats on tames.

This causes griefers to go from server to server with ease and wipe any base just for the sake of some action.

We were setting up on Abberation (official) after the allies agreed to accept our tribe and 3 hours in to building our base (Industrial forge/crafting station/heavy turrets, structures, etc) a group of 4 griefers came over with a Mek and literally rushed our entire "base" while smashing the few heavy turrets with ease and the entire crafting station before allies could arrive to help. There's just no sense of security anymore, it's extremely hard to get set up because the difference is HUGE between an average tribe and a well established tribe with links to mega tribes, like you said. 

thats why i wish that there was no host barrier!

me and my friend's uses legacy as a private server to just have fun on due to the fact we are broke! but 99.9999% of the time we are wiped by grifers!

and all i want to do is just play and battle my friends with wars   

8 minutes ago, Udam said:

thats why i wish that there was no host barrier!

me and my friend's uses legacy as a private server to just have fun on due to the fact we are broke! but 99.9999% of the time we are wiped by grifers!

and all i want to do is just play and battle my friends with wars   

For just $11.40 a month, you could create your own server, put a password on it, and play with 9 of your friends. 5 in one tribe, 5 in the other and battle it out. Can you be that broke that you can't afford that, yet have a PC worth maybe $1000.00? If you all pitched in, it is just a bit over $1 a month for each of you.

People need to differentiate.

Nearly no one on PVE wants a wipe because PVE players play the game for a very different reason. Collecting,breeding,building are just some without having to force yourself to engage with other people.

A lot/most PVP players (outside of megatribes) probably want some kind of planned wipes to keep the pvp fresh and competitive.

There also needs to be huge consequences for abusing exploits and I hope Wildcard will punish everyone for abusing them. 

I also hope that the ''new'' punishments Wildcard is going to enforce will lead to less griefers on PVE which made Extinction unplayable on many servers. (instead of turning wild dino teleport off)

I shoulda know the majority of people who would answer this would be either the people who cant play this game and whjne that they are unfairly treared. If legacy 2 beclmes a thing i know everyone who makes this fame what it is is gonna quit leaving this platform for all you people who aint got a clue and your ark community will die. I petsonally thjnk the 10s kf thousands of hours ys die hard Ark'ers have put jn should count for slmethkng not all you weekend warriors who've nevef flown a tek suit unless you are kn fiber craft. Its pretty weak

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, JetJaguar said:

until that statement is clarified.

That is not even an official statement. That is just someone having a discussion, acknowledging that changes are needed and that a wipe is an option, and that on his personal twitter account. His bio clearly mentions "Opinions of a person , not a company". If this gets announced here in the news section, or on the official accounts of the game used to announce official news, only then this will be considered a statement. For now, this is just the community dramatizing the personal opinion of someone on twitter.

4 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

That is not even an official statement. That is just someone having a discussion, acknowledging that changes are needed and that a wipe is an option, and that on his personal twitter account. His bio clearly mentions "Opinions of a person , not a company". If this gets announced here in the news section, or on the official accounts of the game used to announce official news, only then this will be considered a statement. For now, this is just the community dramatizing the personal opinion of someone on twitter.

Rational and makes sense. Just jumping on the frustrated bandwagon here at hearing that suggestion but all you say is true.

Archived