Legacy 2 servers? Oh no you don't

DrCrippin

I have just heard sbout your idea for, yet again, ruining years of hard work, hard defences sleepless nights and endless battles all because you put out a shoddy game. What makes you think that even that will solve it? Years of trying you cock up again WC and now your gonna try make 'US" pay for it again? I think its disgusting that you can consider it we are the community you crap on i swear if you do this you'll destroy this game its community. I hope everyone has something to say on this subject because as of right now I dont even know if it's worth going out on a meat run because if your just gonna screw it up for everyone in a few months whats the f****** point??????

1 minute ago, GP said:

I see nothing at all regarding Legacy 2.

Mind linking to the exact tweet you see it mentioned by WC staff?

He is probably talking about that:
https://twitter.com/ComplexMinded/status/1195118393692581888/

I just will pass to comment this time. I wasted lot of time arguing against the previous wipe, absolutely all my arguments have proven been true (especially those about all the things that a wipe would fix will happen again cause a software can never be made 100% safe failure-proof).

Leaving aside the cheating and meshing issues for a moment.

If you play on official pvp do you honestly think the servers offer competitive pvp  environment anymore ? Existing tribes have dino lines with ludicrous stats. You basically can not start a new tribe today unless someone gives you those lines first. New players with no links to official megatribe scene have no chance of playing officials today. The servers are all dead because of it. We have over 400 servers in official pvp cluster, a cluster that sit at around 2500 players at peak, around 6-7 player per server average population. The devs are spending enormous amount of money keeping alive dead servers. And for what ? To please a handful of dying megatribes who dont want a challenge and instead sit on accomplishments from their past ?

All unofficial pvp servers have periodic wipes. Rust, DayZ and other survival games have periodic wipes. Its just common sense. You can not make a competitive pvp survival game work, if you have fresh spawns going up against clans that have farmed and grinded for 3 years. yet this is what official has become. This is not even pvp mode anymore. Its a pseudo-PVE mode. People sit in their unraidable caves and play PVE and do meaningless griefs. The only real PVP game modes left on official network is Arkpocalypse and classic but those have their own problems.

we help beginning tribes with dinos and help defend them.
if you think you can make it on your own in this game you gonna fail bad and a wipe is not going to change that.

we get attacked and we attack almost everyday. even if they come with duped stuff it can be a lot of fun.
they often have no skill and die within minutes.
our tribe cleaned a lot of "unraidable" ice caves.

if megatribe players think the servers are stale then you are just not being creative, you can grab one of your thousand kits you have ready and go pvp wherever you want.

5 hours ago, DrCrippin said:

I have just heard sbout your idea for, yet again, ruining years of hard work, hard defences sleepless nights and endless battles all because you put out a shoddy game. What makes you think that even that will solve it? Years of trying you cock up again WC and now your gonna try make 'US" pay for it again? I think its disgusting that you can consider it we are the community you crap on i swear if you do this you'll destroy this game its community. I hope everyone has something to say on this subject because as of right now I dont even know if it's worth going out on a meat run because if your just gonna screw it up for everyone in a few months whats the f****** point??????

So the guy posting this "idea" has this descriptions for himself: "Lead Community Manager for @survivetheark / Opinions of a person , not a company / Former personal trainer / game dev"

These are his opinions, not Wildcards. No need to freak out about it.

Personally, I tried PvP and I was the one who tended to freak out about the game over stuff like this. For me, no game is worth as you describe, sleepless nights and endless battles.

I switched to PvE and unofficial servers and the game goes back to where it belongs. I small diversions I use to forget about any real worries in the real world and to have some fun in the evening after work for a few hours. If your life rotates around the game, you may have your priorities screwed up. Just my opinion.

Obviously there is a demand for fresh PvP servers to 'freshen' the game up. Why not repurpose the Apocalypse servers (no idea how popular they are at the moment) into a new type of server cluster, one which wipes less frequently, say every 3 to 6 months (or an appropriate length of time), make thatcluster bigger if need be. Everyone is happy. No need for Legacy 2.0.

At the very least without a regulary wipe schedule we will be back talking about folks wanting wipes a month or two after any new fesh start cluster.

1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

Obviously there is a demand for fresh PvP servers to 'freshen' the game up. Why not repurpose the Apocalypse servers (no idea how popular they are at the moment) into a new type of server cluster, one which wipes less frequently, say every 3 to 6 months (or an appropriate length of time), make thatcluster bigger if need be. Everyone is happy. No need for Legacy 2.0.

At the very least without a regulary wipe schedule we will be back talking about folks wanting wipes a month or two after any new fesh start cluster.

Your post is something I've seen often in these forums. I think you are asking why doesn't WC create a server like this. Other players have seen this need and done something about it. They have created server clusters, created a community (usually organized around a discord server) and made this happen for themselves and others. This to me seems like a much better solution than expecting WC to manage the servers you want. If this was what I wanted, if I had the money, I'd create my own server exactly how I like it and find an admin to volunteer to manage it. Since I don't have that kind of money, I'd search for an existing community that meets my needs. There are a lot out there. I personally prefer PvE. It took me about a month to find the servers and the community I like. I'll stick with them as long as they want to keep them running.

Archived