What Happened To Ark? LMAO!

Crows

After quitting 10+ months ago, my friend was telling me about his tribe on official and even asked me to join because all of the OG members were back, so I felt tempted to check it out and must have played for about 5 days just to get a feel for things again, but then it didn't take long until I remembered why I quit.

Everyone, even allies were duping tames and griefers were coming to our server almost every 5-10 hours with duped tames like Meks, Gigas, Gasbags, Griffins, Wyverns, etc. A lot of the tames are even Lvl 350+ too... even Gigas with 900%+ melee damage... what the hell is going on? they're the kind of tames I used to spawn in on single player with admin mode... it's just unbelievable. 

I've established that no matter how well you build your bases these days with all the heavy/tek turret chandeliers and such, it's all completely pointless. Tames and PvP metas are too extreme now. The chasm is enormous. The difference between an average tribe vs an established tribe is absolutely insane. More insane than it ever was before. The power creep just keeps on getting bigger, and bigger, and bigger. 

One thing is for sure; the developers do not play this game. Especially not official PvP. They are completely clueless and I'm genuinely not surprised that the games population has dropped so drastically over the years.

Just look at Atlas, what a literal sunken ship.

4 hours ago, Crows said:

After quitting 10+ months ago, my friend was telling me about his tribe on official and even asked me to join because all of the OG members were back, so I felt tempted to check it out and must have played for about 5 days just to get a feel for things again, but then it didn't take long until I remembered why I quit.

Everyone, even allies were duping tames and griefers were coming to our server almost every 5-10 hours with duped tames like Meks, Gigas, Gasbags, Griffins, Wyverns, etc. A lot of the tames are even Lvl 350+ too... even Gigas with 900%+ melee damage... what the hell is going on? they're the kind of tames I used to spawn in on single player with admin mode... it's just unbelievable. 

I've established that no matter how well you build your bases these days with all the heavy/tek turret chandeliers and such, it's all completely pointless. Tames and PvP metas are too extreme now. The chasm is enormous. The difference between an average tribe vs an established tribe is absolutely insane. More insane than it ever was before. The power creep just keeps on getting bigger, and bigger, and bigger. 

One thing is for sure; the developers do not play this game. Especially not official PvP. They are completely clueless and I'm genuinely not surprised that the games population has dropped so drastically over the years.

Just look at Atlas, what a literal sunken ship.

What if anything would you suggest to close the gap and get some balance back? Increase structure HP? Turret damage?

3 hours ago, JohnnyWaffles said:

What if anything would you suggest to close the gap and get some balance back? Increase structure HP? Turret damage?

I honestly don't know where to start because I feel like we're already so far down the slippery slope, there's so many additions/updates that have made Ark PvP much more of a niche activity for those who want to keep up with the metas while being supplied by well-established mega tribes. 

I've filled in the feedback google doc that the lead developer posted on Twitter, and well even if I wrote paragraphs upon paragraphs of what could be done and what could change, I don't think it's going to be taken seriously at all since I'm one person. 

I could suggest removing or nerfing Cryopods from PvP servers for a start, but that would piss so many players off, so I don't know. 

The breeding lines are insane. I heard that player tames are capped at lvl 450 or so? could be wrong, but if so, that is just too much. I saw so many lvl 350 tames the other day that were used willy-nilly in PvP (because of dupers) It felt like I was on single player with admin mode on. 

20 hours ago, Logan96 said:

Cyropods aren't too bad. My largest issue with them is that tribes no longer need to march a giga to the front lines but the good they produce outweigh the cons. Solo players can now have a 2x2 hidden base and still own powerful tames. 

Cyropods are rather unbalanced if you ask me. They remove all upkeep from having hundreds of dinos which is what kept players from having hundreds in the first place. 

A better solution to players/tribes hoarding ridiculous amount of dinos would be to scale their food consumption based upon how many dinos are in a certain area and also lower the total tameable cap.

Cryopods need only 3 changes IMHO:

1. A 10 second wind up time to toss them out that if a character takes damage or moves must be restarted.

2. Cryopods can not be deployed in enemy foundation range.

3. Cryopods can not be deployed in a cave.

That along with subsequent deletion of Titans, more mana nerfs, and removal of any non-prim meks from the game we would be well on our way to balance. Oh and mesh/duping active enforcement teams... need those to.

2 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

The cave meta is bad enough. At least being able to cryopod a soaker in gives people a chance to raid. 

They should just disable cave builds then I'd be on board with disabling deployment in caves on PvP.

I agree. 

My intended outcome for no cryopods in caves was so that tames can't be podded and unpodded in the course of raising animals in caves. But yes, no building in caves should be a thing but that needs to go along with no titans.

• Volunteer Moderator
On 11/16/2019 at 1:52 PM, johnm81 said:

1. A 10 second wind up time to toss them out that if a character takes damage or moves must be restarted.

In my opinion, the only change cryopods need for PvP is the cryosickness. You see people just bringing a dozen soakers in their pocket, throw one, watch its health, refreeze, throw another, etc. Unfrozen creatures should have cryosickness for a while after being unfrozen, and the timer should just determines whether or not they will sleep. You should also not be able to refreeze a dino you just unfroze for at least 12 hours just like it is for uploads (which cryopods rendered useless). Everyone know raiding is easier than defending, especially offline, and the current infinite pocket soakers really just make it even easier.

On 11/16/2019 at 1:52 PM, johnm81 said:

That along with subsequent deletion of Titans, more mana nerfs, and removal of any non-prim meks from the game we would be well on our way to balance. Oh and mesh/duping active enforcement teams... need those to.

1) sure ok

2)Fine by me

3)*shoots yo azz dead*  i am not going back to a 2 hour cave run with crossbows on ab or building a gen and like 20 a/cs inside the snow cave to raise 1 megalania.  Im a solo player and some of these caves are bs.  I also play canon and i wont jump maps with a new character until he earns it so no tek for the island until after i own the caves.  Personal choice, i know, but canon should be focused and respect in the game mechanics.  Doesnt change soloing some of these caves is bs.

For pvp, i coyuld see titan removal except for maybe extinction.  Make it so they cant transfer out of extinction.

Really, the dumb things basically worthless, why beat a dead horse.  I played around with 1 on vals release and it was so underwhelming i felt cheated.  I payed for extinction and its dragon, even when bred, is a joke.  The pinnacle normal tame isnt even worth the effort.  It freezes good sized creatures for 3 secs, and after getting to 1000% Dmg only does minimal dmg compared to wyvern breath stamina usage and spino/rex dps.  You could hit and run, but against an equally bred rex, it would take about an hr of running back and forth to kill it.  It also cannot stay in the air to save its life even with 1000 stam it couldnt thrust more then once.  The things a joke, stop beating a dead horse.

I dont see how meks are that dangerous, they over heat easy and bbred dinos can outperform them relatively easily.  I may b wrong but i believe my ascendant mek did 300dmg per swipe, my spino does 600.  My spino probably swings faster too.

Of course i agree the mesh and duping is horrible and needs to go.

1 hour ago, Onimusha759 said:

Really, the dumb things basically worthless, why beat a dead horse.  I played around with 1 on vals release and it was so underwhelming i felt cheated.  I payed for extinction and its dragon, even when bred, is a joke.  The pinnacle normal tame isnt even worth the effort.  It freezes good sized creatures for 3 secs, and after getting to 1000% Dmg only does minimal dmg compared to wyvern breath stamina usage and spino/rex dps.  You could hit and run, but against an equally bred rex, it would take about an hr of running back and forth to kill it.  It also cannot stay in the air to save its life even with 1000 stam it couldnt thrust more then once.  The things a joke, stop beating a dead horse.

I dont see how meks are that dangerous, they over heat easy and bbred dinos can outperform them relatively easily.  I may b wrong but i believe my ascendant mek did 300dmg per swipe, my spino does 600.  My spino probably swings faster too.

They nerfed Mana's hard but they are super agile. 1k stam was the problem. In PvP they usually level that stam to 6, 7, 8 or even 10k. The damage is already hatching 649+ so I'm sure there are a bunch of 13k hp, 8k stam, 1200 melee with 150+ saddles running around. 

Likewise, Meks do tremendous damage but are mostly to destroy structures. If they are suiciding the Meks with 50 or more, they can wipe your base fast.

There are successful tactics against both, of course, but your bred Spino wouldn't be one of them.

23 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

1) sure ok

2)Fine by me

3)*shoots yo azz dead*  i am not going back to a 2 hour cave run with crossbows on ab or building a gen and like 20 a/cs inside the snow cave to raise 1 megalania.  Im a solo player and some of these caves are bs.  I also play canon and i wont jump maps with a new character until he earns it so no tek for the island until after i own the caves.  Personal choice, i know, but canon should be focused and respect in the game mechanics.  Doesnt change soloing some of these caves is bs.

For pvp, i coyuld see titan removal except for maybe extinction.  Make it so they cant transfer out of extinction.

Of course i agree the mesh and duping is horrible and needs to go.

I dont think you are using the mana correctly. Are you actually using the ice beam or just biting with the mana ? 

Manas ice beam is one of most damaging attacks in game, the DPS is second only to a giga or a velo. A 1000% melee mana's beam would melt any wild rex in seconds. Even the level 400+ god rexes on official does not come remotely close to a 1k melee mana's brutal DPS.

Also you mention that your mana has 1000 stamina, well there is your problem. Stam and melee are primary stats you level on a mana. Even a 150 tamed mana should have at least around 2K stam.

Are you trying to use the manas beam from the air or while jumping around ? Dont. 

You use the mana by being on the ground when using the beam, hold down the beam till the target dies which should not take more than few seconds. If enemy gets close, just backpedal while beaming, mana is incredibly fast on its feet and it is easy to keep the right amount of distance between you and the target.

As for spinos, I am sorry to inform you as a former spino lover, that they are complete trash. A MEK will TEK pistol a spino from distance. A mana will melt your HP in seconds with the ice beam. And if there is a giga well you are just a tasty snack. For rhinos you are a big fat target for a one tap charge. Trust me I have stubbornly tried to make spinos work in pvp throughout 2019 on official pvp and at some point realized what insanity that is.

22 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

They nerfed Mana's hard but they are super agile. 1k stam was the problem. In PvP they usually level that stam to 6, 7, 8 or even 10k. The damage is already hatching 649+ so I'm sure there are a bunch of 13k hp, 8k stam, 1200 melee with 150+ saddles running around. 

Likewise, Meks do tremendous damage but are mostly to destroy structures. If they are suiciding the Meks with 50 or more, they can wipe your base fast.

There are successful tactics against both, of course, but your bred Spino wouldn't be one of them.

Ya i realized how id have to put stam like crazy in it.

That probably is a dupe issue, but i see your point.

How about equal number of bred boss spinos?  Meks can only fly around so much and as stated the meks dont do that much dmg normally and im assuming the pistol does even less. So less then 300dmg shot, doing a quarter dmg from saddle, so below 100dmg per shot, to a 35k hp spino...That can dish out 800dmg witm MB and can run crap down like a boss.  I dont imagine the mek hovering around much until the spino can open up on it because of the overheating and its over.  Of course im not considering attachments tho.

1 hour ago, covenantgrunt said:

I dont think you are using the mana correctly. Are you actually using the ice beam or just biting with the mana ? 

Manas ice beam is one of most damaging attacks in game, the DPS is second only to a giga or a velo. A 1000% melee mana's beam would melt any wild rex in seconds. Even the level 400+ god rexes on official does not come remotely close to a 1k melee mana's brutal DPS.

Also you mention that your mana has 1000 stamina, well there is your problem. Stam and melee are primary stats you level on a mana. Even a 150 tamed mana should have at least around 2K stam.

Are you trying to use the manas beam from the air or while jumping around ? Dont. 

You use the mana by being on the ground when using the beam, hold down the beam till the target dies which should not take more than few seconds. If enemy gets close, just backpedal while beaming, mana is incredibly fast on its feet and it is easy to keep the right amount of distance between you and the target.

As for spinos, I am sorry to inform you as a former spino lover, that they are complete trash. A MEK will TEK pistol a spino from distance. A mana will melt your HP in seconds with the ice beam. And if there is a giga well you are just a tasty snack. For rhinos you are a big fat target for a one tap charge. Trust me I have stubbornly tried to make spinos work in pvp throughout 2019 on official pvp and at some point realized what insanity that is.

I had the manas dmg at least at 300% and yes i used the beam, no im on the ground.  The maximum dmg, which is only achieved at point blank range, is 8 per strike.  Now it does strike rapidly but to match a 180 dps the spino has, that 8 is gonna have to strike 23 times in 1 second.  Now the lightning wyvern has a rapid dmg burst as well but the numbers are larger and use way less stam.  So if i triple the dmg to 900% that number would be a 24 at point blank.  24x23 is 552.  Thats IF it hits 23 times/sec, at point blank where ur gonna get hit.  Now add saddles and that dps plummets, as well if you add any range.  To barely sit outside of a brontos swing reduces the dmg per hit down to 1 or 2.  I dont see much use.  To a decent level kark i have to burn about 2000 stam to kill it.  I mean sure i can breed the crap out of the mana, but i could breed the crap out of any other creature that is already better to begin with and have something even better.  All said ill try to create a better mana and see if its mind blowing or still trash compared to what ive already got.

Archived