jammyGInger

JammyGinger

jammyGinger

Starting a lets play 

Hi and thanks for taking the time to read this I am looking to start a PVE lets play on YouTube, however as of right now my only options to play it are xbox one which obviously won't run as well as a good pc or run it on a 2015 MacBook Pro 15" which will struggle to run it at all. However if I start on the potato graphics of my MacBook not only can I use mods I can also carry on the same series to my pc once I get it(probably around February next year) and not have to either keep playing on xbox or do what annoys me most and not Finish a series. So really I have 3 options do it on xbox and stay on xbox, start it on my MacBook and then transfer to my pc or just wait on my pc? any advice would be great  

Also has a extra question which map do you think would be best I was thinking of just starting on island and if it goes well Bring out more series on other maps or maybe the new one in December  again cheers for any help

Story wise the maps go island--scorched-aberration-extinction, so for PVE I would do them in order. I used to play ark on both console and pc, honestly console runs just fine so you could always play the island map and later on when you get a pc play the other maps, that way you won't need to buy the expansion's twice. Good luck and welcome to this amazing game! 

6 hours ago, JammyGinger said:

jammyGinger

Starting a lets play 

Hi and thanks for taking the time to read this I am looking to start a PVE lets play on YouTube, however as of right now my only options to play it are xbox one which obviously won't run as well as a good pc or run it on a 2015 MacBook Pro 15" which will struggle to run it at all. However if I start on the potato graphics of my MacBook not only can I use mods I can also carry on the same series to my pc once I get it(probably around February next year) and not have to either keep playing on xbox or do what annoys me most and not Finish a series. So really I have 3 options do it on xbox and stay on xbox, start it on my MacBook and then transfer to my pc or just wait on my pc? any advice would be great  

Also has a extra question which map do you think would be best I was thinking of just starting on island and if it goes well Bring out more series on other maps or maybe the new one in December  again cheers for any help

Welcome to the Ark Grind! i'm curious what version of xbox? if its the xbox one X then you should be good. i started playing on PC years ago and i assumed it would look awful on console. i eventually tried it out on my ps4 pro and i ended up playing for months on console. i didn't notice a huge difference in terms of graphics but you will experience frame rate drops or crashes when going by large bases.

i recommend the Island for all beginners. get a good feel for the game and then when you have a good grasp of the game start a second character on another map. You can share tames and items using the obelisks. Each map has it's own unique traits that's worth checking out. 

you'll run into tons of pillar spamming , so getting a good location will be challenging, but you'll find something. you'll have days where everything goes wrong, but then you'll have awesome days. don't get discouraged on those rough days. Have fun

On 11/15/2019 at 12:50 AM, Jimb0san said:

Welcome to the Ark Grind! i'm curious what version of xbox? if its the xbox one X then you should be good. i started playing on PC years ago and i assumed it would look awful on console. i eventually tried it out on my ps4 pro and i ended up playing for months on console. i didn't notice a huge difference in terms of graphics but you will experience frame rate drops or crashes when going by large bases.

i recommend the Island for all beginners. get a good feel for the game and then when you have a good grasp of the game start a second character on another map. You can share tames and items using the obelisks. Each map has it's own unique traits that's worth checking out. 

you'll run into tons of pillar spamming , so getting a good location will be challenging, but you'll find something. you'll have days where everything goes wrong, but then you'll have awesome days. don't get discouraged on those rough days. Have fun

Yeah I've only got the xbox one not the xbox one x so it isn't going to look amazing however I think I would still rather buy a pc than upgrade to the xbox one x. Also sorry I should have made it more clear I'm not a complete beginner I've played a few hours before but I've never gotten very far in the past, I've never even fought a boss so I guess I am a beginner haha. 

and thank you for the response can't wait to start but I have been working loads recently :(

Archived