BRONTO's Tail

Angelsurreal

BRONTO's Tail

Well.. on this year i had learned some stuff about ark , "hard way" is called,

i know bronto's tail can destroy stuff inside a base or make some damage , the little beasty can hit throught wooden walls and destroy beds, closets, chairs, tables, etc., even can hit throught stone walls  and surprisingly even metal walls, ( because lots of times my dinoleashes broke)
my questions is... theys can hit throught "reinforced stone doors", tek doors or walls?

i cant find anything on youtube about it. and i havnt tek stuff for test. so could be a great help know it.

thank you.

Brontos aren't sopposed to damage anything stronger than stone so if things on the inside of your base are getting damaged it's not an issue of what material you are using but rather it's a clipping issue. Make sure that all windows are closed and if you have your items placed against or near walls try to have a second layer on the other side. If you copy your base but in tek the same thing will happen.

Best way to defend your base from a bronto is to keep the bronto away from your base. This means building tall walls as an outer perimeter. I use 4 high walls around my base. I store dinos that can defend themselves in the space between my main building and the outer walls.

2nd thing is, the bronto is neutral. It will not attack unless you attack it first, so why are you attacking it near your base? If it is just defending itself against a Rex or something else attacking it and you are collateral damage, once again, the walls would prevent that. Use walls that a bronto can't easily damage, so stone at the minimum. Some people use ugly behemoth gates, but I think now that we have the four high walls, they are a better choice.

If you want to be sure bronto can't destroy stuff inside - build simple and small. Make sure you are not using any advanced/glitchy building techniques and don't have your building long/wide/high.

But I think it would be easier to surround your base with walls/gates than to build a medium sized base that is seen by engine as a single structure without gaps.

On 11/15/2019 at 4:36 AM, Logan96 said:

Brontos aren't sopposed to damage anything stronger than stone so if things on the inside of your base are getting damaged it's not an issue of what material you are using but rather it's a clipping issue. Make sure that all windows are closed and if you have your items placed against or near walls try to have a second layer on the other side. If you copy your base but in tek the same thing will happen.

It's news to me that they can damage stone, afaik they can only damage wood and thatch.

6 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

It's news to me that they can damage stone, afaik they can only damage wood and thatch.

Oops maybe you're right. I remember having wild Dino instances where my stone bases would take a little damage (like one out of ten thousand). But maybe I'm getting it mixed up with a different dino.

Archived