Tek storage box question

Adwel

Just now, Brainpox said:

No. Nothing perishable. You can store them on gachas and dung beetles. They last a very long time and if you park the owl next to a gacha it will just fill up its inventory with them and you can take them as you need them.

I have a roomy who says he saw a vid of someone storing them in one.  Had to ask thanks

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, Adwel said:

I have a roomy who says he saw a vid of someone storing them in one.  Had to ask thanks

Any items that can contains custom data cannot be put in the Tek Storage. Which includes perishable as @Brainpox mentioned, because they have a Spoil Timer field that won't be the same for all items. Snow Owl Pellet also have a Nitrogen field that won't be the same, etc. Same for gear, weapons, etc. since they can have different stats. However, there are a few issues with the Tek Storage that you should be warned about;

• If you are on official, or on a server that have fast decay for unsnapped structures, they will have 12 hours decay timer unless you snap 2 or more together.
  • If you try to place a substitute resource, the game won't reject the transfer but will drop the other. For example, if your storage contains Cementing Paste and you attempt to transfer Achatina Paste, then your Cementing Paste will be dropped (usually inside the box) and will be replaced by Achatina Paste and you will lose what was dropped unless you pick it up.
  • If you are PvE, you should set a pin-code on your storage because anyone on the server will be able to withdraw stacks from them otherwise.
  • Gacha Crystals can be placed in the storage, but they will be empty on withdraw.

1 minute ago, invincibleqc said:

Any items that can contains custom data cannot cannot be put in the Tek Storage. Which includes perishable as @Brainpox mentioned, because they have a Spoil Timer field that won't be the same for all items. Snow Owl Pellet also have a Nitrogen field that won't be the same, etc. Same gear, etc. since they can have different stats. However, there are a few issues with the Tek Storage that you should be warned about;

• If you are on official, or on a server that have fast decay for unsnapped structures, they will have 12 hours decay timer unless you snap 2 or more together.
  • If you try to place a substitute resource, the game won't reject the transfer but will drop the other. For example, if your storage contains Cementing Paste and you attempt to transfer Achatina Paste, then your Cementing Paste will be dropped (usually inside the box) and will be replaced by Achatina Paste and you will lose what was dropped unless you pick it up.
  • If you are PvE, you should set a pin-code on your storage because anyone on the server will be able to withdraw stacks from them otherwise.

Yeah, listen to this info here. We have robbed so many un pin-coded tek boxes in old bases. Keep them all pin-coded.

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, Udam said:

MY question is HOW in ThE HECK can that thing can store so much Metal/any resources A black Hole?????

it it just a void! :) 

That is most likely caused by the radiation of the obelisks messing with the three-dimensional space. I suspect they are also responsible for the Vault being able to store ~8 times more items than the storage box while only being ~4 times its size. ?

6 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

I wouldn't recommend that. See what happened to Rockwell when he tried so?

EHHH whats the worst that could happen!

i mean i can make my own beast! i would make a rockdrake like beast with a beak that can glow RED hot from heat and it could melt the Ice!

and i would control nameless with different roles like one that flys , a tank , ranged and aqua  

and no one could stop me!

also i would control a army of penguins! zombie ones! 

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

Any items that can contains custom data cannot be put in the Tek Storage. Which includes perishable as @Brainpox mentioned, because they have a Spoil Timer field that won't be the same for all items. Snow Owl Pellet also have a Nitrogen field that won't be the same, etc. Same for gear, weapons, etc. since they can have different stats. However, there are a few issues with the Tek Storage that you should be warned about;

• Gacha Crystals can be placed in the storage, but they will be empty on withdraw.

Any idea when the dedis will be locked like every other container and not needing a pin to prevent others out of tribe from accessing them? PVE

5 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Werent second point fixed already? I am unable to store or transfer achatina paste in to storage containing cementing paste.

5 hours ago, Brainpox said:

No. Nothing perishable. You can store them on gachas and dung beetles. They last a very long time and if you park the owl next to a gacha it will just fill up its inventory with them and you can take them as you need them.

Only dung beetles store them for long time. Gachas dont extend pellet spoiling time.

• Volunteer Moderator
8 hours ago, Demerus said:

Any idea when the dedis will be locked like every other container and not needing a pin to prevent others out of tribe from accessing them? PVE

No idea, but I know they are aware since I remember they replied to a thread discussing it. I'm sure it will be in the patch notes when they get around to it.

5 hours ago, Luewen said:

Werent second point fixed already? I am unable to store or transfer achatina paste in to storage containing cementing paste.

If you have Achatina and Cementing Paste into your inventory, and attempt to cHQooPX.png into a Tek Storage that dedicated to Cementing Paste, it will allow the transfer, but one or the other will be dropped and will be lost unless you pick it back up. Obviously the same for Wood, Fungal Wood, and any other resources that can be substituted with another.

19 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

No idea, but I know they are aware since I remember they replied to a thread discussing it. I'm sure it will be in the patch notes when they get around to it.

If you have Achatina and Cementing Paste into your inventory, and attempt to cHQooPX.png into a Tek Storage that dedicated to Cementing Paste, it will allow the transfer, but one or the other will be dropped and will be lost unless you pick it back up. Obviously the same for Wood, Fungal Wood, and any other resources that can be substituted with another.

Hmm ill have to test again. Last time i was unable to deposit achatina paste into cementing paste storage. Nothing happened when pressing deposit all.

Archived