Concerns regarding oceanic map

Logan96

The concept of a ocean based map is really cool but I'm worried about how this will affect pvp. We already know how powerful rafts can be as they can bypass almost every defense untouched. With rumors of floating foundations I'm expecting to see new defences set into motion to make ocean building viable. On smaller maps such as the island these defences could change the map in a very dangerous manner, as many smaller tribes depend on using rafts to navigate the island. This is just one of many concerns I have for an ocean map. I'm glad to see it being expanded but I just want to urge caution, as the ocean is such a critical component to tribe development.

5 hours ago, Logan96 said:

The concept of a ocean based map is really cool but I'm worried about how this will affect pvp. We already know how powerful rafts can be as they can bypass almost every defense untouched. With rumors of floating foundations I'm expecting to see new defences set into motion to make ocean building viable. On smaller maps such as the island these defences could change the map in a very dangerous manner, as many smaller tribes depend on using rafts to navigate the island. This is just one of many concerns I have for an ocean map. I'm glad to see it being expanded but I just want to urge caution, as the ocean is such a critical component to tribe development.

Mines take care of rafts very fast and efficient and cheaply crafted too

16 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

That's a good point, but I think that rafts being able to clip through structures is still an issue.  I wonder if it would be possible to make the raft collide with structures but still clip through terrain so it doesn't get stuck as often which I'm assuming is why rafts clip the way they currently do.

10 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

Mine are cool but their cost outweighs the basic raft, so it's too easy to deploy cheap decoy rafts and pave the way for your warship. As an offence weapon they work great but as a defensive one I doubt they will be very effective.

25 minutes ago, Logan96 said:

Mine are cool but their cost outweighs the basic raft, so it's too easy to deploy cheap decoy rafts and pave the way for your warship. As an offence weapon they work great but as a defensive one I doubt they will be very effective.

1-2 mines pop a raft ez pz spam 500 .... easily replaced during an attack 

5 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

1-2 mines pop a raft ez pz spam 500 .... easily replaced during an 

Except as soon as you go outside to replace that mine a turret raft from the opposition that was free to move up without taking turret fire will blow your brains out. They can go on the offensive with cover. It's a mobile fob that can park it's butt right in your backyard. 

1 hour ago, Logan96 said:

Except as soon as you go outside to replace that mine a turret raft from the opposition that was free to move up without taking turret fire will blow your brains out. They can go on the offensive with cover. It's a mobile fob that can park it's butt right in your backyard. 

Well we can go back and forth all day with raft arguments xD !! But yes turret rafts are issues for inexperienced players it's as simple as that!! Pulls out my mosa with a foundation on top of the rider eats that turrets raft for breakfast...raft raids are poop lol unless ur not online or ur just a bob lol with Max flak and points  to oxy hp it's over. And with all the new yummy weapons coming as well gonna be a blast .no to mention hell a mek from under those rafts would make ez money on them

24 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

Well we can go back and forth all day with raft arguments xD !! But yes turret rafts are issues for inexperienced players it's as simple as that!! Pulls out my mosa with a foundation on top of the rider eats that turrets raft for breakfast...raft raids are poop lol unless ur not online or ur just a bob lol with Max flak and points  to oxy hp it's over. And with all the new yummy weapons coming as well gonna be a blast .no to mention hell a mek from under those rafts would make ez money on them

Mosas can't damage metal rafts and meks sink...

2 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

Lol meks can boost up at element cost. And if someone crafts 200 metal rafts cheers to them lol

We aren't talking about a battle taking place a few meters above the ocean floor. These are floating foundations on an ocean map. And I'm talking about the main turret rafts being made of metal,  the rest are expensive wooden ones to set off the mines. Expecting someone do fully defend a base with mines and hovering meks is ridiculous. 

26 minutes ago, Logan96 said:

We aren't talking about a battle taking place a few meters above the ocean floor. These are floating foundations on an ocean map. And I'm talking about the main turret rafts being made of metal,  the rest are expensive wooden ones to set off the mines. Expecting someone do fully defend a base with mines and hovering meks is ridiculous. 

Wow ur pretty closed minded ya?? Duh not only those ROFL noobs worries about rafts man literally...I can take my mek at the deepest part of ocean and reach the surface any map...I have fully defended my base vrs noobs with rafts on many occasions bro...10k hours played...and I have also used them against ppl!! They're not heavy turrets...weak at best with points in oxy/hp and decent flak any metal/wooden raft will be pooped on.tek sword from under poof ...mosa tek saddle poof gone. Not only will these new foundation be used as turret towers ...who's to say the new guided missiles cant shoot underwater...stop worrying about turret rafts lol if built proper no raft will reach you...

1 hour ago, Logan96 said:

Mosas can't damage metal rafts and meks sink...

Mosas can carry guys with C4 strapped and still do the old sausage raft thing that the devs supposedly nerfed. Watch the first 2 minutes of this official raid. A mosa one shotting thru an underwater caves death wall.

In general tho rafts if offline can be taken out by a simple wood raft with a long box. You can cheese the strongest 100 turret raft bases with a simple wood sausage raft . Drive until you are touching the enemy rafts walls. Rocket or C4 your way through.

If online, rafts can be chased down by tusos which can effortlessly soak all their turrets. Once defanged the raft can killed with rockets very easily.

38 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

Wow ur pretty closed minded ya?? Duh not only those ROFL noobs worries about rafts man literally...I can take my mek at the deepest part of ocean and reach the surface any map...I have fully defended my base vrs noobs with rafts on many occasions bro...10k hours played...and I have also used them against ppl!! They're not heavy turrets...weak at best with points in oxy/hp and decent flak any metal/wooden raft will be pooped on.tek sword from under poof ...mosa tek saddle poof gone. Not only will these new foundation be used as turret towers ...who's to say the new guided missiles cant shoot underwater...stop worrying about turret rafts lol if built proper no raft will reach you...

Here I was thinking I was having a logical debate about game balance. Did I push a button? Why are you getting personal with me now? Relax, my point was never to discuss rafts anyways. I didn't mind it but now your getting touchy. 

8 minutes ago, Logan96 said:

Here I was thinking I was having a logical debate about game balance. Did I push a button? Why are you getting personal with me now? Relax, my point was never to discuss rafts anyways. I didn't mind it but now your getting touchy. 

O no not at all :) I dont get upset lol I was just trying to point out about the rafts man hehe I agree with you though alot needs to be addressed before we can have bases on floating foundation forsure and one being rafts but I just personally think they're poop in my opinion no hard feelings ?

23 hours ago, Logan96 said:

i am in a team working on an ocean map, what u seem to be thinking about when ocean map is said is raft life, we are focusing on underwater survival, what is the point of making an ocean map if u cant explore and live in the ocean, that mean almost the entire map is wasted

The raft was an example of an overall greater concern people. My point was that if new elements are added to the ocean, be very cautious of how it is done. I see so many posts about things being op and unbalanced only after they are implemented. How about we express our concerns before they are reality? 

4 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

O no not at all :) I dont get upset lol I was just trying to point out about the rafts man hehe I agree with you though alot needs to be addressed before we can have bases on floating foundation forsure and one being rafts but I just personally think they're poop in my opinion no hard feelings ?

Apologies then. I just don't like being called closed minded. Anyways my issue isn't with rafts, my point is that new defences will be added to account for the naval content. I'm worried about how this will affect the core game. In previous expansion's we were introduced to new biomes and provided with ways to survive but in this expansion they are taking a biome that already exists and revamping it which could largely affect players on other maps. 

On 11/14/2019 at 4:32 PM, Spiral3 said:

That's a good point, but I think that rafts being able to clip through structures is still an issue.  I wonder if it would be possible to make the raft collide with structures but still clip through terrain so it doesn't get stuck as often which I'm assuming is why rafts clip the way they currently do.

Clipping through structures isn't unique to rafts, it affects all platform based structures. Basically there is no collision detection for what is built on the platform, only with the dino itself.

Archived