More Efficient Moderation

NumberVIIIAxel

Suggestion

More Efficient Moderation

It feels like ARK’s moderation abilities are very lackluster. We have kick, we have ban. However I don’t think it’s enough and this is likely a controversial topic but I think there is a lot of room for improvement a few suggestions;

bans are permanent unless someone manually unbans them. I think the ability to have temporary bans would benefit unofficial servers more than official but it could have uses on official. Server managers who might want to not make bans permanent but also not have to keep track of time for bans. Command example: cheat TempBanPlayerID <playerID/SteamID> [days] [hours] [minutes]

On that topic this is more a console issue from my experience but add a more efficient way to keep people from using alternate accounts to bypass bans. Seen it happen even on PC. On official I am almost certain I have seen where people use alts and just continue to cause issues.

Better official moderation is another big thing and I see a lot of people bring it up. I left official due to the lack of moderation and number of people basically breaking community rules and nothing ever being done about it unless it was continuously whined about. The third mesh raid in a week was where I drew the line. Either allow some volunteer moderators from the community or hire some people to be dedicated server moderators. I get there is a lot of potential for abuse regardless but something needs to be done.

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet

Archived