Tamed vs. wild stats at the same resulting level

JaketheSnake29

Tamed vs. wIld stats at the same resulting level

Hello all,

I'm fairly new to Ark and I've been searching for an answer to this question.  Will a low tamed dino's stats be roughly equivalent overall to a tamed dino's stats at the same resulting level after tame?

Ex:  I tame a lvl 5 Dilo and level it to lvl 20.  I also tame a lvl 14 Dilo that ends up being lvl 20 after the tame is complete.  How would their overall stats compare?

1 minute ago, JaketheSnake29 said:

Alright, so at the same level, is there the same amount of points, just distributed differently by the RNG?

Yes.

So if you are taming for breeding, you want most the points in just 1 stat and every other stat to be really bad. Then repeat that for each important stat.

It also helps to look at a stat calculator (dododex has one) where you see points in a stat, instead of the normal values.

58 minutes ago, JaketheSnake29 said:

Tamed vs. wIld stats at the same resulting level

Hello all,

I'm fairly new to Ark and I've been searching for an answer to this question.  Will a low tamed dino's stats be roughly equivalent overall to a tamed dino's stats at the same resulting level after tame?

Ex:  I tame a lvl 5 Dilo and level it to lvl 20.  I also tame a lvl 14 Dilo that ends up being lvl 20 after the tame is complete.  How would their overall stats compare?

It is entirely dependent on the taming food being used as this will result in more or less bonus levels when taming is complete.

Lower level dinos have lower base stats overall. 

If breeding better stats is the goal, aim to tame only lvl 140+ as the stats will tame out higher using the proper kibbles.

Alright, it depends where I spend the points for the tamed one,  I get that.  I also get what you mean by certain stats improving more with spent vs. inherent points.  But with the wild one, will it's stats just increase statically by the same amount each time it levels wild?  Back to that article about the Dilo and 340 hp gained per wild level, will every wild Dilo in the game gain 340 hp each wild level or will that static gain amount actually vary per wild dilo?  For example, 2 Dilos start at level 1 and gain wild levels.  Dilo 1 levels up a level and gains 340 hp.  Dilo 2 levels up and gains only 300 hp, but gains more than Dilo 1 in another stat, based on RNG.

8 minutes ago, JaketheSnake29 said:

Alright, it depends where I spend the points for the tamed one,  I get that.  I also get what you mean by certain stats improving more with spent vs. inherent points.  But with the wild one, will it's stats just increase statically by the same amount each time it levels wild?  Back to that article about the Dilo and 340 hp gained per wild level, will every wild Dilo in the game gain 340 hp each wild level or will that static gain amount actually vary per wild dilo?  For example, 2 Dilos start at level 1 and gain wild levels.  Dilo 1 levels up a level and gains 340 hp.  Dilo 2 levels up and gains only 300 hp, but gains more than Dilo 1 in another stat, based on RNG.

Each point is a fixed stat value depending on dino species.

THere is a feature where the taming effectiveness does matter on the resulting melee on an animal.  I put up the info in another thread, but basically you can tame 2 animals both end up w/ exactly 40 points in melee.  But if the taming effectiveness is higher on one of them, you will see more melee on the tame.  Upon breeding, the resulting babies would have the same melee afterwards, but you would see differing amounts on the 2 animals in question after tame.

For animals you can't breed, this taming effectiveness is all you have to maximize the melee % you can get aside from getting a great roll.  But even with the great roll, you want the taming effectiveness to be as good as it can be to realize the best % w/ that roll.

5 hours ago, JaketheSnake29 said:

Each wild point on dino of same species is worth same amount. The thing with wild dinos is that the stats are distributed randomly so lvl 5 dilo might have 2 points in hp and 2 in melee etc. Another lvl 5 dilo might have 4 point on hp.

On 11/13/2019 at 8:57 AM, JaketheSnake29 said:

Generally, the stats of the Lvl 5 will be higher in what you pumped. Lets say you pumped all 15 levels into melee. The melee stat is most likely going to be higher than that of the Lvl 14 because you have removed the RNG aspect of leveling Melee, but other stats like health and weight will likely be better on the Lvl 14 unless you got some doodoo RNG.

5 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

Generally, the stats of the Lvl 5 will be higher in what you pumped. Lets say you pumped all 15 levels into melee. The melee stat is most likely going to be higher than that of the Lvl 14 because you have removed the RNG aspect of leveling Melee, but other stats like health and weight will likely be better on the Lvl 14 unless you got some doodoo RNG.

Yes as wild levels have flat amount they increase vs percentage when domesticated levels are added

Archived