¡Happy birthday Nintendo Switch version!

Alias79

On November 30, 2019 it will be a year since ARK: Survive Evolved arrived on Nintendo Switch. Since that day, we have only received an update in December to "Fix for two client lock up issues", and a few months later, half of the servers of Nintendo Switch were removed.

I'm excited to know what Wildcard has prepared for this anniversary! A cumulative update? They may also do as if this version had never existed :(

I played every week from November until last July, with my family and friends, about 1,000 hours some of us. And we leave it. We couldn't connect for the holidays for a couple of weeks, and we lost everything. But this is how this game works. However, I continue visiting this website with the hope of seeing some update, whatever, of the Nintendo Switch version, because I would even play again. We miss ARK... and no. 

Wildcard Studio, still, even now, a year later, things can be done well. Thank you for launching ARK: Survival Evolved on Nintendo Switch. WE WANT to continue playing it.

I kind of doubt it at this point, as well. I really like Ark, but the Switch port is just sad: no updates, no DLC, no communication. I bought it for Switch first, then grabbed the PC and PS4 versions later. I had assumed they would have to ramp it up like the other ports, adding updates and eventually releasing the DLC. Why not when they had for the other ports and were, hopefully, planning on Switch being a full fledged port as well? That is the second thing I most misunderstand (first being why not just make a statement on whether it is dead or not?); if this was planned as a full fledged port (and if not, why even port it?), then why weren't the DLCs in the pipeline? Surely they wanted to sell them. The closest I can come to an explanation is that Switch sales were disappointing, but surely they wouldn't have been so disappointing if it had received regular updates and the eventual DLC. It just feels like the port had been abandoned before release; it never had a chance of being successful.

What has happened with this version, is one of the saddest things I've experienced in the world of video games. It has the potential to be one of the best versions. Graphically not, because Switch is not as powerful as PS4 or Xbox One, but to be able to meet (as we met) 4 or 5 people in the same room playing ARK... But they have not given him a single opportunity. They are letting it die from its launch, until the day that people leave, no longer enter the game, and announce its closure due to the low activity of users.

And it's a real shame, because all those who have given it a chance would be able to give it back, or attract more players... but it's so difficult to attract anyone with this version, a version that seems to have no future. Nor have they ever said otherwise, and that is even worse. You have to be transparent with your users. You owe it for respect, or at least for the money that has been spent on your product.

I played it until 1600 hours and still enjoy the game since day 1 when it came to the switch. It makes me sad and often wonder how it would be if not wildcard but someone else would be responsible. but I'm still happy to be able to play old kibble system. At least I will not buy Genesis for pc until wildcard gives a statement about the switch version. and I do not even play on the PC it has only disadvantages.

• 3 weeks later...

Today, November 30, is the birthday of the release of the Nintendo Switch version... congratulations ARK, you have given us hundreds and thousands of hours of joy, suffering, frustration and helplessness, without a single response in all this time by Wildcard Studio. A completely abandoned son... 

And this is the only image on the web representative about this event. It's sadness...

ARK-cumplea-os.png

15 hours ago, Alias79 said:

Today, November 30, is the birthday of the release of the Nintendo Switch version... congratulations ARK, you have given us hundreds and thousands of hours of joy, suffering, frustration and helplessness, without a single response in all this time by Wildcard Studio. A completely abandoned son... 

And this is the only image on the web representative about this event. It's sadness...

ARK-cumplea-os.png

lol, the switch is the only version not on sale and/or free? Must be because its such a quality product, right? RIGHT?!?!  Whoever is actually in charge should be very ashamed of themselves at this point. It would be funny if not for the people taken advantage of & short changed over the most expensive version of the product & hands down the worst supported, most buggy, unstable version

3 hours ago, Mossenstein said:

lol, the switch is the only version not on sale and/or free? Must be because its such a quality product, right? RIGHT?!?!  Whoever is actually in charge should be very ashamed of themselves at this point. It would be funny if not for the people taken advantage of & short changed over the most expensive version of the product & hands down the worst supported, most buggy, unstable version

Whoever is in charge should resign. They’ve failed as a game developer. They at least owe us some kind of statement, “like sorry, but we won’t be updating” instead of having us hold on to false hope. I’m sure Mobile is far worst but I’m not one to argue. Regardless of which version is worst and on a slightly lighter note, I have kinda just accepted it. The game is ugly, it glitches and bugs out occasionally, and doesn’t even fully work in some spots but I’ve kinda grown attached to my buggy dinosaurs, especially my Baryonyx, Naomi. Too bad I’ll never get to see her in good resolution or frame rate. Happy birthday Ark on the Switch and be a good company, Wildcard because you owe us at least an acknowledgement that you screwed us all over big time.

• 2 months later...
On 11/13/2019 at 6:22 AM, Alias79 said:

On November 30, 2019 it will be a year since ARK: Survive Evolved arrived on Nintendo Switch. Since that day, we have only received an update in December to "Fix for two client lock up issues", and a few months later, half of the servers of Nintendo Switch were removed.

I'm excited to know what Wildcard has prepared for this anniversary! A cumulative update? They may also do as if this version had never existed :(

I played every week from November until last July, with my family and friends, about 1,000 hours some of us. And we leave it. We couldn't connect for the holidays for a couple of weeks, and we lost everything. But this is how this game works. However, I continue visiting this website with the hope of seeing some update, whatever, of the Nintendo Switch version, because I would even play again. We miss ARK... and no. 

Wildcard Studio, still, even now, a year later, things can be done well. Thank you for launching ARK: Survival Evolved on Nintendo Switch. WE WANT to continue playing it.

Sorry buddy nothing happened 

Archived