Valguero and the spider cave

Fellstormlord

Valguero and the spider cave

Does anyone else have so many insects and leeches when they enter that they are forced to cheat if they want the artifacts. I mean come on I should be able to see water. In the second chamber not leech and infected leech and their corresponding death messages

Is it me or is valguero really glitch. I also have an issue where the artifact in the temple won't spawn . 

Any tips I'm.kinda anti cheat

Use a megatherium, preferably one imprinted to you. Bring two for mate boost. Mate boost + imprint makes a huge difference. Every time you make some ground place foundations to stop all the critters re-spawning. Bring a pig in a cryopod and throw out it out if you need to heal. You can conquer the cave inch by inch by slowly clearing and foundation spamming it. 

• Volunteer Moderator

Unless this was changed, you can actually fly in with a Ptera (regardless of the server config, that cave is not a no-flyer caves) and grab all 3 artifacts pretty easily without having to fight a thing except a pack of 6-8 mobs at the red artifact. Otherwise yes, a Megatherium do a good job, but you will have to cryo it to pass the holes. Frogs are great as well, except they tend to fall under the mesh (I lost 3 or 4 in that cave) and collect a ton of paste in the process.

• 4 weeks later...

Me and my friends (4-men squadron in total) just finished this cave on our server recently.

Our first attempt was to use small, agile and fast tames - we have chosen ravagers. But we had to withdraw after few minutes - with our server settings we almost died fighting TONS of lv. 1500 dragonflies and lv. 2600+ ants.

Then we decided to go on foot with a help of bug repellant. And it worked. We just had to be aware of snakes and spiders (Kraken's Better Araneos are immune to repellant). As long as we never touched a Meganeura, Leech or Titanomyrma, we were relatively safe.

Of course, two of us died during the mission (my friend was surrounded by 5 or 6 high-level spiders and I unwisely used a flamethrower too close to dragonfly, so the whole swarm attacked me), but finally we accomplished to get all three artifacts.

So it is doable. Bug repellant helps A LOT, then just watch your step (don't touch any insect) and use some kind of sniper rifle on Titanoboas to avoid uncontrollably flying bullets and rebounds (pump shotgun is not recommended).

Good luck!

Archived