What Games do you play for a break from ark?

caleb68

What Games do you play for a break from ark?

I'm curious, im currently playing 7 days to die for a breather from ark, but still going in to ark and doing my routine dino / base care stuff.  Just taking a short break from it, but curious what games other people play to break the onslaught of grinding, breeding, building, and other repetitive activities. So speak up, show tell us what you play for your breaks!

7 minutes ago, Kaprosuchus said:

7 days to die, conan exiles, final fantasy 14.  7 days is more fun since alpha 18 dropped but i am having trouble finding a server not run by clingy care bear admins who teleport you to their house to show off their build, or have like 9 million mods.

yeah i hear ya there,  I setup a dedicated server on my second pc for it, my two tribe mates have joined me on it, and were all fresh to alpha 18 (alpha 17 was unplayable for me). We have 1 house thats been fixed for us to use as a base while we start out, spent most of today gathering supplies and experienced my first blood moon in a18, omg, I was soo dead... twice lol... i remember blood moons being so much easier to defend against.  I made my own map for us to play on:

9122B380868864F8FB1C644FBFCA02D7A4D30ACB

found a height map for the island on ark and used  a tool for generating your own maps (rather then the in-game generator that takes forever and a year), you can find that tool here:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?114207-Tool-NITROGEN-a-random-world-generator-for-7DtD

Never been much of a final fantasy fan, but have thought about getting conan exiles, i believe i have it on my wishlist in steam heh.

anyone who liked alpha 17 was insane.  conan exiles is fun but i warn you, basically the devs for conan exiles played alot of ark and decided not to make the same mistakes ark did and have done fairly well.  you should really give it a try.  I used to run a server for my mates, but after alpha 17 they don't even want to try it :P

1 minute ago, Kaprosuchus said:

anyone who liked alpha 17 was insane.  conan exiles is fun but i warn you, basically the devs for conan exiles played alot of ark and decided not to make the same mistakes ark did and have done fairly well.  you should really give it a try.  I used to run a server for my mates, but after alpha 17 they don't even want to try it :P

haha, yeah i can understand that,  i probably wouldn't of given it a retry if it wasn't for another one of my friends playing it recently, and i could see their game play had dramatically improved, so I decided to give it a go again.

After I finished on Ark official, I tried some unofficials but wasn't as fun. I then played Assasin's Creed: Odyssey then played Ark single player until they released the last DLC for that. Finished that. Tried to play more Ark single player but it was boring me so now back on official to get the last 3 million xp I need for 135 before Genesis comes out.

I also dabbled in God of War (it's cool but doesn't draw me in like the original series) and tried a few free to plays but they only keep me entertained for a week or 2 at most. 

Probably play Ark until I beat Genesis 1 and then figure out what else to play until Genesis 2. 

9 hours ago, Zaneonice283581 said:

I play halo 5 warface and forza but mainly play ark

I had fun with my nephews playing halo 1-4, that was always a blast :) but sadly, they have all grown up now and are off making families of their own with little time to play games.

47 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

After I finished on Ark official, I tried some unofficials but wasn't as fun. I then played Assasin's Creed: Odyssey then played Ark single player until they released the last DLC for that. Finished that. Tried to play more Ark single player but it was boring me so now back on official to get the last 3 million xp I need for 135 before Genesis comes out.

I also dabbled in God of War (it's cool but doesn't draw me in like the original series) and tried a few free to plays but they only keep me entertained for a week or 2 at most. 

Probably play Ark until I beat Genesis 1 and then figure out what else to play until Genesis 2. 

I loved assassins creed, played all of them up to blackflag.  think black flag was my favorite of them all. Yar Pirates!

Played a couple of the earlier god's of war, they were fun for a brief time, haven't played the newer one though, watched a few people play and it does seem more involved story wise.

yeah i think im on the same boat as you about Genesis, play it till i get bored with it then wait a year for part 2.  Its the repetitiveness thats getting me lately, doing the same thing over and over and over... hopefully the mission system isn't something short or just a couple radiant missions like Atlas, cause doing the same radiant missions over n' over gets rather boring rather quickly.  Fallout 4 had that, but at least it varied enough that you weren't always going to the same place over n over again. I think the radiant missions in skyrim were more robust then fallout 4... never tried fallout 76... it just looked too empty... and the constant threat of 'mega tribe A is going to wipe you with a nuke' just didn't apeal to me.   I was hoping they did a multiplayer game but I was thinking more along the lines of fallout 4 with a 4-8 man team running around doing things together,  rather then... yeah.

• 2 weeks later...

I use to play ESO but on the ps4, haven't played any games on it in a while, don't have my psn subscription anymore, so its just been sitting collecting dust for the time being.

I like the metro series, they have a decent storyline with them.  fun games :D

I'm still playing around in 7 days to die.  started building a new world based losely on a pubg map (much smaller and less structures).  Took forever to get the roads all setup, then added in some bridges (which im probably going to change now), and started working on decking out the one city that will be on the map with various buildings, trying not to duplicate any of them.

Its very time consuming but it keeps me occupied during my free time and the end result will be worth it i think, well, if i can get it done before a19 comes out hahaha....

Archived