Muki19

cloud save error

cloud save error

I have a switch as a replacement device. I can not continue playing with my Nintendo account ark on the 2nd switch when I load the savegame from the cloud. I have no survivor on the 2nd console and should create one. only if I transfer the whole account from console a to console b will the current game progress be transferred. it is not possible to play ark on a spare device if sometimes the main console is broken and you can not transfer an account. 

in that case I would have lost over 1700 hours playing time.

this is a fatal error and not a cloud storage sense and needs to be fixed as soon as possible.

From my understanding of the cloud save ability, all progress should carry over from one to the other. But to clarify, it is from the time that the cloud file is created. So a good practice would be to update the cloud save after each play session. Otherwise, you may find yourself in a "rollback" type of situation.

Hope that helps.

If I log in to another console with my Nintendo account and insert my ARK game card then it must be possible to continue playing on the device after downloading the cloud data. but that does not work. what if the console is stolen or broken? then all progress is gone.

the cloud storage is faulty. only when you transfer the nintendo account to the other one will the right progress be transferred but not with the cloud. it is even displayed in the cloud a current version, Nevertheless, I have no survivor on the replacement device and should create one. there must be data on the console that is not loaded with the cloud, but it does work when transferring the entire account.

I own 2 Nintendo switch and 2 cards from Ark. The second game I have to create a survivor trained on 1090% craftingskill. currently it is so that I have transferred the 2nd account of console B on a. so I can change the profile in the main menu to switch between the survivors. But I can always only be online with one. If I want to be online with both of them I would have to transfer the Nintendo account back to console B every time because it does not work with the cloud. but what if my console is broken A times and I can no longer transfer my profile? when transferring always the account is deleted so there is always only one.