Savamther

Breeding offline

I literally couldn't find anything about this online, but I used to be able to leave my dinos on breeding when I was offline and the s+ Hatchery would collect them for me to sort next time I was online. But alittle while after extinction came out, they stopped doing this. In fact, they didn't breed at all unless I was stood right next to them which I assume is something to do with the stasis mechanic (I play on a dedicated server). This actually sorted itself at the time, but I'm now having the same issue on my new valguero server and it's ruining the fun of breeding for me.

Was it a patch they didn't mention in the notes? An Ini setting? Any light shed on this would be a big help. All I can see on google about it is that it's normal that dinos cannot mate out of stasis, but then that doesn't explain how I've been able to do it all this time (and how others are still able to do it on youtube etc).

Thanks in advance for any helpful feedback

6 hours ago, Savamther said:

Server is always running. What do you mean stasis off? As far as  I'm aware that's not something that can be turned off.

Ahh yeah, you r right. There is disable hibernation but thats for non dedicated and single player.

But yeah for dedicated the problem is that if there is no player to render the dinos, they stop laying eggs etc. But didnt s+ have structure that prevented hibernation from happening around it?

1 minute ago, Luewen said:

Ahh yeah, you r right. There is disable hibernation but thats for non dedicated and single player.

But yeah for dedicated the problem is that if there is no player to render the dinos, they stop laying eggs etc. But didnt s+ have structure that prevented hibernation from happening around it?

Maybe...? I'm not sure what it is if there is.  My set up is more or less the same as it's always been so nothing stands out as to what could be causing this. I have s+ air conditioners, a hatchery and a hitching post.

Just now, Luewen said:

Are you only one playing on the server? Could there have been someone else near your base for that to work before. As when stasis kicks in nothing will happen in that area.

nah, I always have a base wayyyy away from other players on the maps I've been on (we are only a population 10 server).  There's no chance anyone has been loading in the area previous to this.

1 minute ago, Savamther said:

nah, I always have a base wayyyy away from other players on the maps I've been on (we are only a population 10 server).  There's no chance anyone has been loading in the area previous to this.

But there is a still change that someone have been happening to fly around your base. Granted that if it worked fine before without you being online, there is something else there. But i do know that eggs are not laid when noone is in map block. Not sure how s+ interacts with that though so maybe someone else has any idea whats going on,

26 minutes ago, Kyd said:

Saw this on a video the other day… He was using dino leashes and setting the dinos on wander to mate like the "old" days and said the Hatchery will still work then. Here's the link to vid... (the breeding stuff is at the very beginning)

Hmmmmm that's very interesting.... Now I think I have been using the enable mating option instead of wandering and hitching them like I used to. Maybe I will experiment to see if having them on wander instead allows them to mate in stasis... I'm not sure how I will feel if it turns out to be the fix 

Actually, scratch that! That is exactly what I was looking for!! I tried it myself and lo and behold, eggs were being laid offline. I'm actually mad the solution was so simple, but I wonder why the game puts a stasis limitation on enable mating but not enable wandering? Either way, this makes things soooo much simpler! Thanks so much for your help!

30 minutes ago, Luewen said:

But there is a still change that someone have been happening to fly around your base. Granted that if it worked fine before without you being online, there is something else there. But i do know that eggs are not laid when noone is in map block. Not sure how s+ interacts with that though so maybe someone else has any idea whats going on,

Yeah Hopefully someone can shed some more light on this eventually. It's very odd...

22 hours ago, Savamther said:

Hmmmmm that's very interesting.... Now I think I have been using the enable mating option instead of wandering and hitching them like I used to. Maybe I will experiment to see if having them on wander instead allows them to mate in stasis... I'm not sure how I will feel if it turns out to be the fix 

Actually, scratch that! That is exactly what I was looking for!! I tried it myself and lo and behold, eggs were being laid offline. I'm actually mad the solution was so simple, but I wonder why the game puts a stasis limitation on enable mating but not enable wandering? Either way, this makes things soooo much simpler! Thanks so much for your help!

Its still kinda odd that eggs were laid when noone was around as dinos put on wandering stop on their heels when not in render distance. Do not harvest anything nor drop non fertilized eggs. That on official servers. Dinos on mating drop the fertilized egg the moment you render them not when noone else in there.

On 11/14/2019 at 9:19 PM, Luewen said:

Its still kinda odd that eggs were laid when noone was around as dinos put on wandering stop on their heels when not in render distance. Do not harvest anything nor drop non fertilized eggs. That on official servers. Dinos on mating drop the fertilized egg the moment you render them not when noone else in there.

Yeah I can't really explain by it's different, but it works. It's not like it's because I'm on dedicated; the game still handles egg laying the exact same way for me as it does for official, I wouldn't have to even use s+ stuff and they would still breed offline if I had them set to wander. It's actually why  breedsplosions happen; when rates are so high that babies hatch, grow up and then start breeding with eachother causing large amounts of unclaimed dinos to pile up. It can actually get so out of hand sometimes that a server can crash completely lol

20 hours ago, Savamther said:

Yeah I can't really explain by it's different, but it works. It's not like it's because I'm on dedicated; the game still handles egg laying the exact same way for me as it does for official, I wouldn't have to even use s+ stuff and they would still breed offline if I had them set to wander. It's actually why  breedsplosions happen; when rates are so high that babies hatch, grow up and then start breeding with eachother causing large amounts of unclaimed dinos to pile up. It can actually get so out of hand sometimes that a server can crash completely lol

But, thats the thing they dont breed when you are offline on officials and noone has them rendered. No matter the setting they are on. The fertilized egg will pop once you or someone else renders them. Not when there is noone around.

• 3 months later...

Archived