Shout Out to the Ark Support Team!

CCS1000

Shout Out to the Ark Support Team!

I just wanted to thank you for being able to bring back my character who was previously erased! It took only three days for the solution and I cant be happier. I had that character for a decent amount of time and i'm just glad i don't have to start from scratch. Keep it up and thank you!

I can concur the support team has responded and helped me once long ago . had 5 baby quetzals fall into the mesh 3 days later gm came and spawned in 5 babies in for me was awesome .but that was in 2016 when we had support in the legacy cluster!! :D. And I also wanna say cheers as well to the staff theyre doing  a great job given the hundreds of thousands of emails they receive each week. so keep up the great work guys/gals .

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, brenon45 said:

No excuses for it. So my points in the support being slow or unreliable is validated.

You realize the support staff has nothing to do with game bugs, right? If they receive bug reports through the ticket system, all they can do is forward the reports to the developers/QA Team which takes note of them and determine their priorities. These "bugs" you reported, are only cosmetics and not game-breaking in any way. So I can certainly understand why this is very low on their list and not fixed yet.

7 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

You realize the support staff has nothing to do with game bugs, right? If they receive bug reports through the ticket system, all they can do is forward the report to the developers/QA Team which takes not of it and determine their priorities. These "bugs" you reported, are only cosmetics and not game-breaking in any way. So I can certainly understand why this is very low on their list and not fixed yet.

So a game breaking design(something that cant be interacted with because of design choices which is something we are supposed to beable to interact with = not a bug) is not on the developers to do list for over a year???

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a9ecc58f5eb553182e6

So how are we supposed to use the forum to get the broken things fixed if the support cant help and the devs wont fixed old content?

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, brenon45 said:

So a game breaking design is not on the developers to do list for over a year???

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a9ecc58f5eb553182e6

So how are we supposed to use the forum to get the broken things fixed if the support cant help and the devs wont fixed old content?

They do fixes bugs. All the time, actually. Just check the patch notes. They just have more important bugs to works on, that's all. Doesn't change the fact that you saying support is slow and unreliable is like bashing the waitress because your order she forwarded to the kitchen is not being cooked fast enough.

9 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

They do fixes bugs. All the time, actually. Just check the patch notes. They just have more important bugs to works on, that's all. Doesn't change the fact that you saying support is slow and unreliable is like bashing the waitress because your order she forwarded to the kitchen is not being cooked fast enough.

Sorry but the chef wont come to us so can we somehow talk to the chef. Otherwise that statement falls flat.

Assuming

Restaurants-forum

Managers- moderators

Waitress-support

Chef- developers

Customers-survivors

4 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

A good waitress will atleast warn you before ordering that the food you are ordering may come very slow, or might even disappear on its way to your table...

7 hours ago, brenon45 said:

Sorry but the chef wont come to us so can we somehow talk to the chef. Otherwise that statement falls flat.

Assuming

Restaurants-forum

Managers- moderators

Waitress-support

Chef- developers

Customers-survivors

Then you send a bug report. Support team does not fix bugs like said so many million times before. So expecting ticket made for a bug getting resolved by support team does not work.

• Volunteer Moderator
39 minutes ago, Luewen said:

Then you send a bug report. Support team does not fix bugs like said so many million times before. So expecting ticket made for a bug getting resolved by support team does not work.

I bet they also call the police when their internet is down.

12 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Fixing bugs by putting other bugs on top is not a fix. It's incompetence, flat out and clear.

Literally what the devs have been doing for as long as ARK has existed is putting out random updates with completely new bugs which often overlay old ones and seldom fixes anything, or creates something entirely new.

Much as I love the game, no amount of denial will fix the facts and reality. ARK is a buggy game with devs who make no effort to genuinely go into the coding to really patch them up, instead simply making an alternate patch to hope it solves the issue when it doesn't.

It it literally like having an invasive species of termite then suddenly the government introduces an invasive species of beetle that is known to work alongside or cohabitate with said invasive termites in an attempt to "fix" the issue with the termites. Suddenly there are two invasive species of insect causing issues and the government refuses to make any statements to the people who are being effected by the sudden onslaught of problematic insects. That is quite literally how things work with ARK right now.

• Volunteer Moderator
50 minutes ago, CanisLupus said:

Fixing bugs by putting other bugs on top is not a fix. It's incompetence, flat out and clear.

Literally what the devs have been doing for as long as ARK has existed is putting out random updates with completely new bugs which often overlay old ones and seldom fixes anything, or creates something entirely new.

Much as I love the game, no amount of denial will fix the facts and reality. ARK is a buggy game with devs who make no effort to genuinely go into the coding to really patch them up, instead simply making an alternate patch to hope it solves the issue when it doesn't.

It it literally like having an invasive species of termite then suddenly the government introduces an invasive species of beetle that is known to work alongside or cohabitate with said invasive termites in an attempt to "fix" the issue with the termites. Suddenly there are two invasive species of insect causing issues and the government refuses to make any statements to the people who are being effected by the sudden onslaught of problematic insects. That is quite literally how things work with ARK right now.

Well, you pretty much took my post out of context. I was replying to the guys above (you know, the ones that call their barber for insights on how to cook their noodles) that were saying the devs never fix any bugs. And now you are arguing that they do, but introduce new issues in the process. Which to be fair, is to be expected. That is simply the reality of developing and maintaining such a large project that have a lot of mechanics that rely on each others. Change one thing to fix a specific bug; and you now have a bunch of other stuff to patch because other portions of your code that were relying on specific behaviours are no longer behaving as intended due to your first change. Could they make more extensive testing before pushing an update? Probably. Is it realistic to expect them to test hundred of thousands different ways players are playing this game everyday to ensure the update is not messing with anything else? Without mentioning ensuring any change doesn't clash with any of the thousands mods out there? Definitely not. What you call denial is actually understanding that fixing stuff is not as easy as flipping a switch. If it were, every game studios would release bug-free games everyday.

5 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Well, you pretty much took my post out of context. I was replying to the guys above (you know, the ones that call their barber for insights on how to cook their noodles) that were saying the devs never fix any bugs. And now you are arguing that they do, but introduce new issues in the process. Which to be fair, is to be expected. That is simply the reality of developing and maintaining such a large project that have a lot of mechanics that rely on each others. Change one thing to fix a specific bug; and you now have a bunch of other stuff to patch because other portions of your code that were relying on specific behaviours are no longer behaving as intended due to your first change. Could they make more extensive testing before pushing an update? Probably. Is it realistic to expect them to test hundred of thousands different ways players are playing this game everyday to ensure the update is not messing with anything else? Without mentioning ensuring any change doesn't clash with any of the thousands mods out there? Definitely not. What you call denial is actually understanding that fixing stuff is not as easy as flipping a switch. If it were, every game studios would release bug-free games everyday.

Exactly! And same things happen to pretty much any game, even smaller ones with multiple times less code.

7 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

I actually never once stated they fix the bugs. Technically you're the one taking things out of context here in a very hypocritical manner here.

As I had made incredibly clear, which for any functioning being (bugs included), was in stating they attempt to cover up bugs with "fixes" that make more bugs. I had stated that they attempt to fix bugs and add more bugs on top but never once was it mentioned, nor even implied, that the bugs prior were fixed. I had never once stated such and instead you merely switched words around to better try and suit your nullified and mute point in what was, again, a very hypocritical manner in how you mentioned I am apparently the one taking things out of context?

Facts are facts, reality is reality. Topping bugs off with extra bugs is actually not what happens with competent, experienced devs. They patch the bugs prior, even if new ones arise, but unlike WC the bugs beforehand are genuinely fixed.

The problem I see here is that you have no idea how things are fixed, as if you are literally so desperate to the point where you have to twist around someone's words when they tell the truth about how things realistically are and state the facts, it is simply incompetence at best. Sorry, but that's all I really can tell ya. I literally had to repeat my last post in this response to you specifically because you can't read and merely flip words about to what you deem fitting. Its just sad and pathetic, really. Like watching a hyena being killed by lions and still attempting to fight so, so hard albeit clearly being outmatched.

21 hours ago, CanisLupus said:

I actually never once stated they fix the bugs. Technically you're the one taking things out of context here in a very hypocritical manner here.

As I had made incredibly clear, which for any functioning being (bugs included), was in stating they attempt to cover up bugs with "fixes" that make more bugs. I had stated that they attempt to fix bugs and add more bugs on top but never once was it mentioned, nor even implied, that the bugs prior were fixed. I had never once stated such and instead you merely switched words around to better try and suit your nullified and mute point in what was, again, a very hypocritical manner in how you mentioned I am apparently the one taking things out of context?

Facts are facts, reality is reality. Topping bugs off with extra bugs is actually not what happens with competent, experienced devs. They patch the bugs prior, even if new ones arise, but unlike WC the bugs beforehand are genuinely fixed.

The problem I see here is that you have no idea how things are fixed, as if you are literally so desperate to the point where you have to twist around someone's words when they tell the truth about how things realistically are and state the facts, it is simply incompetence at best. Sorry, but that's all I really can tell ya. I literally had to repeat my last post in this response to you specifically because you can't read and merely flip words about to what you deem fitting. Its just sad and pathetic, really. Like watching a hyena being killed by lions and still attempting to fight so, so hard albeit clearly being outmatched.

Name one game that dont make patches that add new bugs.

19 hours ago, Luewen said:

Name one game that dont make patches that add new bugs.

> "Name one game that dont make patches that add new bugs."
> Says this literally after clearly not reading an entire post that is quite genuinely expressing that bugs are inevitable in patch releases, but not to the degree of Wild Card where they add in more serious bugs that merely layer over old bugs.

Learn to use your brain and read before responding. It looks a lot less pathetic that way. I never once had said bugs won't come with patches, that is merely of your own assumption in that regard and only goes to show you're attempting to literally pull out points already countered by me solely because you're incapable of accepting facts and reality. Although seeing as you lack basic human intelligence, let me overview everything I have been over for you so maybe, just maybe, you'll understand.

- ARK is a wonderful game, best of its kind, but incredibly buggy and poorly optimized
- WC releases patches which bug the game out hard
- Patches thereafter don't fix the bugs, they add more bugs on top of previous ones
- As much as I love ARK, anyone with half a brain cell knows when Devs are not the best on the block, which in this case WC could have much better but does not
- Overall, ARK is a fun game, but very poorly coded and because of such, patches seldom fix bugs, just add extra bugs

Another comparison example to maybe help you out:
Bugs + Bugs = Extra Bugs
WC Patches = Bugs
WC Patch + WC Patch = Extra Bugs, Not Fixed Bugs

Is that easier to understand or shall I continue to repeat myself and consistently counter every single point you make as a counterargument by using literally the same examples and logic I have been using against both you and invincibleqc this whole time? The fact that I am literally able to continually repeat the same exact thing every time to counter the irrationality of two people at once is... Sad, to say the least.

Archived