adviceneeded I Have A Plan But I'm Not Sure About It

opalisms

I Have A Plan But I'm Not Sure About It

So I recently just got back into Ark and I'm doing great not a beach noob anymore and I've set up a pretty small but efficient base at the Valley on the Island so my main question is I do want to have some tames that don't spawn on The Island for example Wyverns and a Griffin but I'm still pretty inexperienced with the transfer system in ARK. If I was to take my character who already has levels and stats to Ragnarok and then transfer my character back to the Island would it affect either my tames or my saved file on the Island in any shape or form? 

I do want tames from other maps but I won't do it if its at the expense of ruining my already well-worked save file and if that's the case I might consider just spawning in fertilized eggs if there is any cause for error on my part. 

Edit: Also would I be able to transport eggs from other worlds in my tamed dinos inventory and then preserve them. 

3 minutes ago, opalisms said:

I Have A Plan But I'm Not Sure About It

So I recently just got back into Ark and I'm doing great not a beach noob anymore and I've set up a pretty small but efficient base at the Valley on the Island so my main question is I do want to have some tames that don't spawn on The Island for example Wyverns and a Griffin but I'm still pretty inexperienced with the transfer system in ARK. If I was to take my character who already has levels and stats to Ragnarok and then transfer my character back to the Island would it affect either my tames or my saved file on the Island in any shape or form? 

I do want tames from other maps but I won't do it if its at the expense of ruining my already well-worked save file and if that's the case I might consider just spawning in fertilized eggs if there is any cause for error on my part. 

It shouldn't. 

If it does, like kicking you from your tribe, you can just use admin commands to get your tribe and takes back.

If this is single player, your island game will just pause like if you sign off any other time. I'm not sure if there is a persistent timer on non-dedicated servers. 

For PS4 single player, transfers worked like this.

1. Go to ob or transmitter

2. Upload items in ark data (I lost dino's I uploaded in creature data 50% of time so I just used cryos in ark data to take dinos to other maps)

Note: Unlike official, items and clothes on you do not transfer so go naked. If you forget it will drop a bag at ob and since server pauses you can get it when you go back to that map.

3. Upload character

4. Exit to main screen

5. Load up next map

6. Choose download survivor and select your character

7. Choose spawn

8. Retrieve items from ob/transmitter

Few notes;

Do not close game with items uploaded. It often deletes them in my experience.

Aberration obs are on surface or the boss terminal down in radiation zone so best to have transmitter unlocked or be ok with going into creative mode and spawning one in and to use it, if you are going to Ab in single player.

That should cover it. Tag me here if you have more questions.

Archived