Stealing tribes

Aqua1antern

6 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

It was mentioned in TRH's post that he made the call to ban them for being "massive jerks" on PvE.

Which is fair game in PvP. Insiding, trojan horses, politics, etc. are all part of that game-mode. Though, as stated multiple times throughout this thread, this is on PvE. On PvE, your game should not be impacted by the actions of other players. Phishing to steal players stuff and tribes is directly affecting other players meaning that yes, I can certainly see them being removed within reasons.

What you call "vague and impossible to define parameter" can be translated in two words; common sense. If you play PvP on a PvE server, then you deserve to be removed and you should not be surprised if this happens.

The thing is while you state that "On PvE, your game should not be impacted by the actions of other players", that makes little sense. PVE servers are multiplayer servers and you don't play on a multiplayer server if you want to avoid interaction with others even if it is a PVE one. That defeats the entire purpose and is what single player was designed for.

The actions of other players in PVE do have an impact on others. In PVE players can claim land for their base and deny that space to others. Their base can block the spawning of resources and creatures. Other players can sell their metal to your neighbour which then allows him to expand his base 50m in your direction and so on.

From reading various complaints on the forums over the years it is clear to me that PVE is full of passive aggressive types and is anything but a tranquil paradise. It seems to be part of the PVE experience, that rather then directly fighting someone openly as you would in PVP, players instead prefer to take a tiny pocket knife to their enemies back when he isn't looking and stab him repeatably making their life hell just because they can and because there is no other way to harm them.

7 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

The thing is while you state that "On PvE, your game should not be impacted by the actions of other players", that makes little sense. PVE servers are multiplayer servers and you don't play on a multiplayer server if you want to avoid interaction with others even if it is a PVE one. That defeats the entire purpose and is what single player was designed for.

The actions of other players in PVE do have an impact on others. In PVE players can claim land for their base and deny that space to others. Their base can block the spawning of resources and creatures. Other players can sell their metal to your neighbour which then allows him to expand his base 50m in your direction and so on.

From reading various complaints on the forums over the years it is clear to me that PVE is full of passive aggressive types and is anything but a tranquil paradise. It seems to be part of the PVE experience, that rather then directly fighting someone openly as you would in PVP, players instead prefer to take a tiny pocket knife to their enemies back when he isn't looking and stab him repeatably making their life hell just because they can and because there is no other way to harm them.

Yeah I mean, unless you play unofficial.. which most people do.

2 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

I agree with the last paragraph the most, been playing since early beta (On pc and switch to xbox to be with friends) and can say the PvE community are extremely sneaky when it comes to dealing with others in an always online game, moat people think "oh its just pve, it's safe to play causally or jokingly..." But for most long term pve'rs this is very inaccurate. 

In Pve you learn the most evil tricks from mentally and politically destroying other players, ranging from Griefing, Kiting, Clipping, even meshing can effect Pve players like placing a pillar underneath another tribes base causing them unable to building inside there own base (build block range impacts more vertically and horizontally for some reason.)

3 minutes ago, brenon45 said:

I agree with the last paragraph the most, been playing since early beta (On pc and switch to xbox to be with friends) and can say the PvE community are extremely sneaky when it comes to dealing with others in an always online game, moat people think "oh its just over, it's safe to play causally or jokingly..." But for most long term pve'rs this is very inaccurate. 

In Pve you learn the most evil tricks from mentally and politically destroying other players, ranging from Griefing, Kiting, Clipping, even meshing can effect Pve players like placing a pillar underneath another tribes base causing them unable to building inside there own base (build block range impacts more vertically and horizontally for some reason.)

That was a rather interesting post there brenon45. It is fascinating to see the various tricks and techniques that players have come up when playing inside a much more limited sandbox. The human mind can be very creative when it is forced to adapt.

34 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

That was a rather interesting post there brenon45. It is fascinating to see the various tricks and techniques that players have come up when playing inside a much more limited sandbox. The human mind can be very creative when it is forced to adapt.

Thats not the half of it.

The worst thing that only a tiny portion (a very tiny portion) of ark pve players know about the forced PvP trick (Im not talking about blue war'ing or pve wars) its a old trick still in the game since ever since they introduced a certain -mechanic, this trick can be initiated on 3 of the official maps and basically put your character into a temporary PvP state where you can attack other players and there tames/structures (I reported it back in the beta and it was ignored +the ticket was back before they did the ticket wipe).

So pve still needs alot of work, this merging incident is just a small thing that happens so regularly the staff probably have so many tickets backed up on official pve, i would say in my opinion pve might have more tickets than pvp for more reasons since there are more dynamic issues around pve.

Just saying.

• 5 months later...

2 weeks into playing on a pc server and sadly I didn't now when the same thing happened to me and I was 'insided' by someone impersonating as an active tribe member alt wanting to close a base. As I'm new I thought this would be a great opportunity and accepted. And like the original topic...kicked and lost the lot but although being pissed off with not knowing the ins and outs they won't get much but still not fair play.

Archived