Community Crunch 206: Mysterious Mysteries, Ongoing Enforcement, and On The Horizon

Cedric

10 hours ago, Jasoe808 said:

I just got kicked off a legacy server for over 3 hours now and have been trying to get back on to save my wyvern Eggs! I understand what you guys need to do to deal with the cheaters but can we at least get a 10 minute warning that you’re going to shut the server down so we can at least be prepared to be off the servers for a while.... if I’m not able to get back on my cryod wyvern will be lost. Literally just got back on ark after taking a break because of this very reason..please give us a warning before shutting servers down.....

You know legacy gets no support, right?

And with Genesis coming soon, prepare for another migration.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pennysparkles said:

So are we going to get any explanation or compensation for OC players who have not been able to play in 5 days due to extreme lag or server outages? All OC servers have been down for the last 11 hrs. Not all OC players are in China. This is truely beyond a joke. 

They announced OC maintenance. Read the pinned threads.

• Facepalm 1

This implies that they never read submitted tickets before. It also implies that the behavior by the people exploiting causing increased server instability was not seen as a problem. The game has a terrible history of allowing bad behavior because of some sort of perceived difference in status (mega tribe, streamers, etc.) and that needs to be publicly dealt with so that the people can have some confidence in wildcard again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, eESTlane said:

people really ought to check what ini modding does to fair game. removes shadows, leaves, bushes, day/night cycle, underwater mist, xplant effects, z stun etc. i don't understand why it's allowed. witness that through most of your everyday youtubers who have disabled or set their sliders down (left) in the options which already has poor taste imo. they aren't better players when they don't even render in grass within 5meters. 

they be like: "...for extra performance", "laggy"

i be like: "uninstall"

Oooor how about WC release that DX11 Optimizations they promised over TWO YEARS AGO?!?!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

yes we the legacy community realizes there is no support on our cluster and frankly its better off this way! true survival no one to spawn in a dino that happened to die due to bugs/glitches .no one can cry how we breed/build play the game as a whole. seeing how its a sandbox survival game u have enemy players in pve which is a legit thing in a real life scenario. our clusters are the cheapest official network .run by the community .and frankly I would suspect a wipe for the official clusters sooner or later .our server clusters are not that different in population .yes I do agree tho in a legacy wipe /repurpose to the actual servers only containing 0-5 players .a lot of us veteran players still inhabit these servers and didn't want to move/join unofficial reasons being whatever they may dunno but I do know $$ its cheaper to keep us the legacy community vrs the official network :D an I hope to see some of the official cluster join us in our great migration ;)

I am worried about your forbidding transfer because of your bug.
I can forgive taking time but in that case you should stop timer of Tame and Buildings.
But you haven't done it yet. Please make me worried any more.
If I lost all I will require paying back. This is big problem. Please do it early.

Edited by Tocky

7 minutes ago, Tocky said:

I am worried about your forbidding transfer because of your bug.
I can forgive taking time but in that case you should stop timer of Tame and Buildings.
But you haven't done it yet. Please make me worried any more.
If I lost all I will require paying back. This is big problem. Please do it early.

What are you talking about?

Looks like wildcard is just helping megatribes, again. Some tribes only defence against mega tribe griefers with duped stuff to use the same duped stuff to fight them off. @StudioWildcard you're going to kill your own game at this rate. Youtubers seem to have more control over the game than you yourselves do. Either level the playing field, or kill your own game. The little tribes have a way to fight back and as soon as they use it you all decide it's time to "dev wipe" and ban players. Yours truly the guy on the receiving end of "fair gameplay".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

I would’ve been more prepared if I came on this website sooner but literally I only joined a legacy pve server to see what the difference was from a official pvp and it was going good, I didn’t have a clue of them shutting down servers. I didn’t even know what legacy server meant.Thing is the server I was in just black screens me while there’s 5/70 ppl still there.. so tbh I don’t even know what’s making only me not be able to connect to host. I can connect to different servers just fine. I just hope I’ll be able to get my stuff or at least my character out of there. 

12 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

Also it would be a good idea to have “no in game support for legacy servers” on the menu screen so newer players can know what they’re getting themselves into. This is pretty much the only game I can stick to and every time I get better at it this kind of stuff keeps happening 

23 hours ago, Ramic1213 said:

Developers do not care about the game at all, only release new additions. Instead of removing all the flaws, they add new ones with each addition. How many bases were erased when robots rockets destroyed turrets. Now cloned robots and objects or bp. On a 532 server, we were simply attacked by constantly cloned robots that erased the base of players who spent a lot of time on construction. When you will already do what all honest players expect from you.

Why should a tribal leader control what his player does. Why don’t you pull your hands out of your ass and write a program that will prohibit dishonest players from doing everything that they do and ban them

This is honestly one of the stupidest and most senseless things I've ever seen posted here "Why don’t you pull your hands out of your ass and write a program that will prohibit dishonest players from doing everything that they do and ban them" asking that of WC is like asking someone to... its incredibly difficult already to make a game like ark that gives the amount of freedom. its even harder to make sure that people don't abuse that freedom. if i told you to go listen to complaints from 10,000 people playing a game and figure out who was lying and cheating vs being honest and being victimized without getting a single one wrong, while im screaming in your ear that your not doing your job and you suck on top of your slow pace how would you feel?. like sh*t.

the point is that programming is very difficult and it takes time and plenty of it to get things right and people always find a way around restrictions that other people put up in this never ending cycle. lets see you write some "program" to stop all this from happening with that entitled attitude of yours.

tell me when you give up

7 hours ago, Jasoe808 said:

Also it would be a good idea to have “no in game support for legacy servers” on the menu screen so newer players can know what they’re getting themselves into. This is pretty much the only game I can stick to and every time I get better at it this kind of stuff keeps happening 

Yeah. Changing the message of the day for legacy to include a better description would be helpful.

You choices are to...

1. Ditch legacy and give up everything for regular official servers 

2. Same, but find an unofficial community 

3. Single player 

4. Or roll with the migrations. A kill list will be released. If you server is on that list, you will have a short period of time to move to a server that's not being culled. But FYI migrations can happen at any time, but guaranteed when a DLC is coming out.

1 hour ago, Aylana314159 said:

Yeah. Changing the message of the day for legacy to include a better description would be helpful.

You choices are to...

1. Ditch legacy and give up everything for regular official servers 

2. Same, but find an unofficial community 

3. Single player 

4. Or roll with the migrations. A kill list will be released. If you server is on that list, you will have a short period of time to move to a server that's not being culled. But FYI migrations can happen at any time, but guaranteed when a DLC is coming out.

i mostly played legacy due to it being a "free private server" for me and my friends sense there a host barrier and we sometimes do challenges like Frendly wars and stuff   

I think it is a saddle. Reasons:

1: It has a large space between areas of the entier thing.

2: Wild card already showed the shoulder cannon thing a month or so ago as well as showed it in when they did the funraiseing live stream. 

3: It has fins along the sides, which can be attached to the fins of the space whale, or maybe a new 'aquatic' animal we dont know of.

Now, i am not entierly sure if it is for the space whale, but it is definitly not the shoulder cannon. Maybe an aquatic item that the survivor can use; a sub, one of those things scuba divers use to help propel them forward, or like i said a saddle for a creature we haven't been shown yet.

• Volunteer Moderator
10 minutes ago, Indozilla said:

2: Wild card already showed the shoulder cannon thing a month or so ago as well as showed it in when they did the funraiseing live stream. 

3: It has fins along the sides, which can be attached to the fins of the space whale, or maybe a new 'aquatic' animal we dont know of.

Now, i am not entierly sure if it is for the space whale, but it is definitly not the shoulder cannon. Maybe an aquatic item that the survivor can use; a sub, one of those things scuba divers use to help propel them forward, or like i said a saddle for a creature we haven't been shown yet.

But last Monday they showed the pressure plate which they also showed on the live stream. So just because they were shown on the live stream recently doesn't mean these mysteries are not the same items that were shown.

I still wouldn't rule the cruise missile out. However, your thought of it being a tek saddle for the whale, or other sea creature is intriguing. Will we finally get sharks with lazers???

Edited by GP

Ticketing system doesn't work. By the time your ticket gets answered your base is wiped by people with duped meks and dinos with duped 180 saddles. 

Also, when big tribes have POCKET DEVS the game will never be fair. Small tribes is so unplayable at the moment. 

My tribe lived on Extinction for a year. We got wiped on Friday by 5 youtubers for 8 hours with duped stuff, aimbotting, ini files etc. Game is so unbalanced, how can a base that's survived a year get wiped in 8 hours?  

3 days later, our tiny underwater back-up cave base on Rag gets dev wiped for nothing out of the blue. Pocket devs are friends with youtubers and the small tribe mega tribes(yes those exist) and wiped our base because they were upset we got our loot out. 

All servers need to be wiped and new enforcement methods put in place or make an Ark 2 with a proper studio. Stop releasing new content to an already broken game, it'll just make it worse. 

COMMENTS FROM PEOPLE GIVING NAMES OF PEOPLE CHEATING ARE GETTING TAKEN DOWN BY WILDCARD. STOP PROTECTING CHEATERS/CONTENT CREATORS AND CENSORING THE COMMUNITY. 

7 minutes ago, pange97 said:

Ticketing system doesn't work. By the time your ticket gets answered your base is wiped by people with duped meks and dinos with duped 180 saddles. 

Also, when big tribes have POCKET DEVS the game will never be fair. Small tribes is so unplayable at the moment. 

My tribe lived on Extinction for a year. We got wiped on Friday by 5 youtubers for 8 hours with duped stuff, aimbotting, ini files etc. Game is so unbalanced, how can a base that's survived a year get wiped in 8 hours?  

3 days later, our tiny underwater back-up cave base on Rag gets dev wiped for nothing out of the blue. Pocket devs are friends with youtubers and the small tribe mega tribes(yes those exist) and wiped our base because they were upset we got our loot out. 

All servers need to be wiped and new enforcement methods put in place or make an Ark 2 with a proper studio. Stop releasing new content to an already broken game, it'll just make it worse. 

COMMENTS FROM PEOPLE GIVING NAMES OF PEOPLE CHEATING ARE GETTING TAKEN DOWN BY WILDCARD. STOP PROTECTING CHEATERS/CONTENT CREATORS AND CENSORING THE COMMUNITY. 

I don't think posting the exact same stuff repeatedly will help.

Naming and shaming has to be a uniformly applied rule. If not, what's to keep trolls from naming innocent people.

49 minutes ago, Indozilla said:

i think it may be a tek gauss cannon but on the wiki it says Tek homing launcher 

4 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

While I know you are aware of the legacy no support status, not everyone on legacy is aware of that fact. As evident, by the post I was responding to and his subsequent responses to me.

His post had nothing to do with support.hemsimply was asking for in-game warning when the server shuts down.