Community Crunch 206: Mysterious Mysteries, Ongoing Enforcement, and On The Horizon

Cedric

• Wildcard Community

Mysterious Mysteries: Introducing ????

Mysterious_Transmission9.gif

How perplexing, who can guess what this might be?

Ongoing Enforcement

enforce.jpg

In an effort to ensure a stable and rewarding experience for survivors on the Official Network, we will be taking a more active approach in ongoing enforcement; including but not limited to wiping or banning tribes who are in violation of the Code of Conduct.  In addition to acting on cases that are reported through the ticketing system, we will begin to take action based on metrics from game data and implemented logging systems.

Going forward, we will regularly review data from implemented logging systems and third parties to initiate large scale enforcement initiatives.  During times of large-scale enforcement initiatives, some servers will be inaccessible until enforcement completes.

What Should I Do?

• Refresh yourself on the Code of Conduct
  • Report any activity that is in violation of the Code of Conduct
  • Be careful who you invite into your tribe, only invite those you trust.  If you’re concerned someone in your tribe is in violation or has been in violation of the Code of Conduct, please submit a ticket with any questions you may have.

On The Horizon

High_resolution_wallpaper_background_ID_77701718619-1200x506.jpg

PS4 Primitive+

We are still working to resolve the outstanding issue that's preventing PS4 players from accessing Primitive+.  We are in the process of updating and attempting to recompile the mod with the latest content to see if it resolves the remaining issues.  We'll keep you updated with any important developments.

EVO Event

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

Survivors on all platforms will be receiving a special Evolution Event perk this weekend! It will be active from Friday the 15th  of Nov at 1 PM EST until Monday the 18th of Nov at 3 PM EST. All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

• 2x Harvesting Rates
  • 2x Taming Rates
  • 2x EXP Rates

Until next time!

Twitter: twitter.com/sur

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark

View full article

we will be taking a more active approach in ongoing enforcement

Already seeing an increase in box tribes claiming racism and saying they're filing tickets. Hopefully Wildcard will take the time to ensure they wipe/ban those who are actually guilty and not victims of people weaponizing the ticket system like what happened to me once.

Would also be nice if WC opened servers in Asia. Ive gone out of my way to install language packs and to use real time google translation to communicate but half the time it doesn't translate properly, causing more problems. I should re-submit my recent tickets that got marked "solved" where nothing was ever done.

Please record this action...During times of large-scale enforcement initiatives, some servers will be inaccessible until enforcement completes.  I think it would bring up the moral to actually see these duper/meshers feel the wrath of enforcement!!I love it guys keep up the hard work and keep surviving !!

• Facepalm 1

Developers do not care about the game at all, only release new additions. Instead of removing all the flaws, they add new ones with each addition. How many bases were erased when robots rockets destroyed turrets. Now cloned robots and objects or bp. On a 532 server, we were simply attacked by constantly cloned robots that erased the base of players who spent a lot of time on construction. When you will already do what all honest players expect from you.

Why should a tribal leader control what his player does. Why don’t you pull your hands out of your ass and write a program that will prohibit dishonest players from doing everything that they do and ban them

Edited by Ramic1213
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

I just got kicked off a legacy server for over 3 hours now and have been trying to get back on to save my wyvern Eggs! I understand what you guys need to do to deal with the cheaters but can we at least get a 10 minute warning that you’re going to shut the server down so we can at least be prepared to be off the servers for a while.... if I’m not able to get back on my cryod wyvern will be lost. Literally just got back on ark after taking a break because of this very reason..please give us a warning before shutting servers down.....

Edited by Jasoe808
  • Facepalm 3

Ticketing system doesn't work. By the time your ticket gets answered your base is wiped by people with duped meks and dinos with duped 180 saddles. 

Also, when big tribes have POCKET DEVS the game will never be fair. Small tribes is so unplayable at the moment. 

My tribe lived on Extinction for a year. We got wiped on Friday by 5 youtubers for 8 hours with duped stuff, aimbotting, ini files etc. Game is so unbalanced, how can a base that's survived a year get wiped in 8 hours?  

3 days later, our tiny underwater back-up cave base on Rag gets dev wiped for nothing out of the blue. Pocket devs are friends with youtubers and the small tribe mega tribes(yes those exist) and wiped our base because they were upset we got our loot out. 

All servers need to be wiped and new enforcement methods put in place or make an Ark 2 with a proper studio. Stop releasing new content to an already broken game, it'll just make it worse. 

• Like 1

people really ought to check what ini modding does to fair game. removes shadows, leaves, bushes, day/night cycle, underwater mist, xplant effects, z stun etc. i don't understand why it's allowed. witness that through most of your everyday youtubers who have disabled or set their sliders down (left) in the options which already has poor taste imo. they aren't better players when they don't even render in grass within 5meters. 

they be like: "...for extra performance", "laggy"

i be like: "uninstall"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would love to see this work ..so we can play ark again  BUT i dont have any trust in it !  Should be better to see you putting more effort in ARK v2 with a decent coding  .. and that would make it easy for you to fix the bugs and the other security problems . Less DLC's  ..more Fixing .  yet again ...this game could be amazing.. now it's just a big mess . 

Edited by Li0NEyeS
  • Thanks 1

Can the issue with crashing when downloading creatures be addressed. I only play solo and switch between maps frequently and have lost quiet a few creatures to this as it rolls back to the last save. This is incredibly frustrating and not an easy fix. I come back to the game every now and then and the game crashes when I do this and it puts me off playing for a while