Lesson Learned: Dire Polar bears: Cant be delployed anywhere?

JetJaguar

Lesson Learned: Dire Polar bears: Cant be delployed anywhere?

So a bit “after the fact” but…I was on Rag and seen a 145 Dire Polar Bear and a level 25 mate. So tamed them both. Tossed them in a cryopod and took them back to the Island. Couldn’t deploy them and noticed the cryo icon changed to a raptor. Came here to the forums and did a search reading about how a) the polar bears cant be tamed or b) they can be tamed but not removed from Rag. So I took them back to Rag but cant deploy them there now either. Are the 2x bears/cryopods basically junk/done? Should I just leave them in a box until the charge is out and the bears die?

5 hours ago, Thyme said:

Polar bears, valguero Ice wyverns, ice golems and chalk golems can’t be cryopodded. If you get the raptor icon the dino inside is as good as gone

strange, we took icewyvern in cryopods from valguero to the island without any problems, the golems have been issues for everyone though, they do the same thing as the OP's polar bears did.

I'm curious how you guys are transferring these dino's to the other server, are you transporting them on a character across or using the obelisk/transmitter to send them across? it may be directly related to the method of transferring.  if only there was a 'cheaper tame' that did the same thing, then testing wouldn't be such a issue, i mean who wants to spend the time on a wyver/golem/polar bear just to test and see if a alternate method of transferring would work.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

I wish I had seen this thread before I tamed a 150 polar dire bear and brought it to crystal isles. Its a raptor on the cryo now and won't deploy. I'll try to bring it back to Val but I don't hold hope it might fix over there. On the other hand I take valguerro ice wyverns over to crystal isles sometimes and no problems so far. I cryo them and put them in my hot bar before transfer.

Yeah I really hate this. I like the polar bears and got a few good ones on Valguero but they can't even be uploaded. ( I only move dinos as is and never in cryos as I lost plenty dinos before uploading them in Cryos ) I really don't know why this is in place and wish they would fix it already. We can move other modded map dinos like Crystal Wyverns from CI , so why not polar bears from Rag or Valguero.

Archived