Most of Wild dinos vanished in non-dedicated server

trang1104

Most of Wild dinos vanished in non-dedicated server

So I play with 2 friends on my non-dedicated server (The Island) for a while, and we noticed that the number of dinos is decreasing over time. We also played this game 2 years ago and this issue didn't happen before.

Several example:

1. We setup on the beach at North, at first, there are a few of trike, several parasaurs and like a dozen of dodo and dilo, about 15 in total I guess. We killed all, the server spawn back around 8-9 dinos, we killed them all again, now we only have a trike near our base, sometime we have a parasaur or a dilo, but never see a dodo again.

2. The hidden lake (near our base too) where supposed to have a lot of beavers, I came here once to steal some cementing paste, not killing anything, there are several beavers and a lot of dinos, but when I go back for the second time, there is almost no life in there, the lake feels really empty. Also the forest around the hidden lake, is supposed to have raptors and parasaurs around, but now it's empty too.

3. There is a snow biome that's far away from our base. The 1st time we go there, there's a lot of mammoth, carno, yuti and wolf, it's so danger that it take us a lot of time to just land on the beach. But the second time we go there, it's easier with only several mamoth and wolf, and the 3rd time, the beach is so empty that we can just land there and take the resource without any challenge.

Summary: when you first arrive an area, there is a lot of creatures, but their number is decreased when you go back, regardless you kill them or not. You may want to say it's mod's fault, but I tried setup a dedicated server on my local pc with the same active mods and the map feels lively again.

Is it a bug or it's intended for non-dedicated server? If it's intended, how can I make my non-dedicated server work like dedicated one? My pc isn't strong enough (although it has 16 gigs RAM), so going dedicated is not an option.

It might be something to do with the hibernation mechanic or the dino count multiplier.  It's definitely not normal either way.
Try going to your gameusersettings.ini and put in DinoCountMultiplier=3.0 to see if that helps.  I'm not an expert on single player but I know it will only load in the dinos in your immediate area. You could try setting hibernation to false to see if that works any better (tho it is costly in terms of performance).

If this doesn't work you can always chip in for a dedicated server. There's plenty of good hosting sites that will do 5 slot servers for a cheap price (I understand if this isn't an option for you though.)

12 hours ago, Savamther said:

It might be something to do with the hibernation mechanic or the dino count multiplier.  It's definitely not normal either way.
Try going to your gameusersettings.ini and put in DinoCountMultiplier=3.0 to see if that helps.  I'm not an expert on single player but I know it will only load in the dinos in your immediate area. You could try setting hibernation to false to see if that works any better (tho it is costly in terms of performance).

If this doesn't work you can always chip in for a dedicated server. There's plenty of good hosting sites that will do 5 slot servers for a cheap price (I understand if this isn't an option for you though.)

I did searching around for renting dedicated server, but our group of friends has only 4 people, while the smallest offer I've seen is 10 slots and we aren't willing to pay $12 for just 4 slots ($12 is actually quite a lot in our country). If there is actually a hosting service that let me rent a 5 slots servers, please suggest me. Thank you!

On 11/14/2019 at 3:21 AM, trang1104 said:

I did searching around for renting dedicated server, but our group of friends has only 4 people, while the smallest offer I've seen is 10 slots and we aren't willing to pay $12 for just 4 slots ($12 is actually quite a lot in our country). If there is actually a hosting service that let me rent a 5 slots servers, please suggest me. Thank you!

I can see why that an issue! I'm not actually sure of any hosts that do only 5 slot :( I had to move hosts for a similar reason
I only had 5-6 active players and the smallest amount of slots my old host did was 20.  Have you tried the other options? I've not really heard of that issue before but perhaps a fresh save (port your character/tribe files over) would help?

Archived