Gacha Testing - Element Gacha

caleb68

So I have 4 gacha, 2 males, and 2 females, they are paired  off (male & female) and have exactly 12 foundation spaces between them.

Each set of gacha have 5 owls dropping pellets to them.  I used the combination of a Their to gather berries, and a igonadon to convert the berries to seeds, then moved the seeds to the gacha.  I use seeds for two reasons

1. they are easy to produce with a igonadon
  2. I can fit more of these into a gacha's inventory then anyother food item for production.

The gacha levels and crafting:

• the first pair of gacha - Male lvl 78 160.1 crafting,  Female lvl 74 160.6 crafting
  • the second pair - Male lvl 82 164.2 crafting,  female lvl 75 161.6 crafting

all the gacha produce element crystals with 180 element in them due to crafting levels.

and the end results:

• 281 crystals producting 50,580 element dust.
  • 98 crystals containing Master craft and Journeyman items.

thats roughly 35% of the crystals turning out to be item crystals, while the other 65% were element crystals. 

Seems like a good method for gathering element when:

• your server is experiencing higher the normal lag
  • your server is having a temper tantrum and crashing alot.

Boss fights will still come out on top of gacha for element for time spent, but gathering element dust from gacha is something safe you can do at your home while your doing other things like building, feeding animals, raising babies.

each crystal has about 14 minutes before they will vanish from sitting on the ground, if you travel too far from render range they like to fall through the floors/ground.

things I noticed while doing this test for crystal drops for items vs. production items:

• staying near the gacha will cause them to drop less crystals in the same time frame as if your further away from them.
  • lag spikes will cause your gacha to eat more, as during the lag spike they continue to consume food and the food consumed does not roll back.

Edit in:

in the time that it took me to convert the dust to element, I collected another 42 production crystals and 8 item crystals, that basically breaks down to 1 crystal being dropped every 30 seconds from the combined 4 gacha.

so calculating the time for the above test, the time per crystals breaks down like so:

• 50 crystals in 25 minutes
  • 120 crystals in 1 hour
  • 379 crystals 3 hours 9 minutes and 30 seconds (total crystals collected for the test above, not counting the addtional 50)

Just now, Kaprosuchus said:

so, element gachas are good to have is what you are saying... XD

/s

defently good to have, even ones for obsidian and black perls, but before their were topics with skewed results on gacha production items vs. item crystals, both for what you got from the crystals as well as what you got in quanity on product vs. items.  So today I decided sense I was going to use them, to test the figures. 

Level of the gacha doesn't matter - Crafting skill of the gacha does.  160 crafting will give you the maximum items per production crystal.  

ah ok i saw your tests and i didn't know what you were trying to refute or prove. I didn't know there were alot of people who thought they weren't good. I have 4 at my base and i make more element than i can use while raising babies.  i find that if i get their crafting above 160% i can feed them about anything and get the 180 element per.  if you don't want to open the devkit you can get a bit of insight into how they work with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhE5BGFhrBg

3 minutes ago, Kaprosuchus said:

ah ok i saw your tests and i didn't know what you were trying to refute or prove. I didn't know there were alot of people who thought they weren't good. I have 4 at my base and i make more element than i can use while raising babies.  i find that if i get their crafting above 160% i can feed them about anything and get the 180 element per.  if you don't want to open the devkit you can get a bit of insight into how they work with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhE5BGFhrBg

well I do prefer in game testing mostly because from patch to patch things like to break and get changed, without mention in the patch notes about changes. least that way I know for the current patch, all is adding up.  don't even really need to get them above 160, if they are sitting at 160.0 they'll give max for any production item no matter what you feed them.  I do prefer seeds though, just due to the fact they are easy to get and can fill them majorly full.   depending on if they have pellets in them or not, and how laggy the server is, they will eat anywhere between 100-400 per crystal. but when you can shove 10k seeds into them, yeah thats not much of a problem ;)

I'd actually like to get another 4 just to speed it up abit for the crystals, but, I only have 4 booths setup for gathering the crystals at my base that are properly spaced,  some people think they have them spaced right and I've noted they either have 11 or 10 spaces between them, I guess they counted the foundation space the gacha was standing on, which then throws off the results as well.  

spaced gacha = happy gacha, faster production
paired gacha = happy gacha, faster production, higher quality item crystals.

thats what I can tell ingame.  I usually pair gacha with the same production types as well, don't know if that would have any real baring on it, but does make it a lot easier to tell how many of what crystals you picked up.

Always when raising babies I make dust too. I feed them with stone and pellets. They are clones, not leveled but still droping 170-180 dust.  Pair owls on pair Gachas schould  be enough if u make once a week. On other hand I got so many element on ext that sometimes I make dust from element. 

And don't put crystalls in dedicated storage, I learned it hard way. 

3 hours ago, caleb68 said:

So I have 4 gacha, 2 males, and 2 females, they are paired  off (male & female) and have exactly 12 foundation spaces between them.

Each set of gacha have 5 owls dropping pellets to them.  I used the combination of a Their to gather berries, and a igonadon to convert the berries to seeds, then moved the seeds to the gacha.  I use seeds for two reasons

1. they are easy to produce with a igonadon
  2. I can fit more of these into a gacha's inventory then anyother food item for production.

The gacha levels and crafting:

• the first pair of gacha - Male lvl 78 160.1 crafting,  Female lvl 74 160.6 crafting
  • the second pair - Male lvl 82 164.2 crafting,  female lvl 75 161.6 crafting

all the gacha produce element crystals with 180 element in them due to crafting levels.

and the end results:

• 281 crystals producting 50,580 element dust.
  • 98 crystals containing Master craft and Journeyman items.

thats roughly 35% of the crystals turning out to be item crystals, while the other 65% were element crystals. 

Seems like a good method for gathering element when:

• your server is experiencing higher the normal lag
  • your server is having a temper tantrum and crashing alot.

Boss fights will still come out on top of gacha for element for time spent, but gathering element dust from gacha is something safe you can do at your home while your doing other things like building, feeding animals, raising babies.

each crystal has about 14 minutes before they will vanish from sitting on the ground, if you travel too far from render range they like to fall through the floors/ground.

things I noticed while doing this test for crystal drops for items vs. production items:

• staying near the gacha will cause them to drop less crystals in the same time frame as if your further away from them.
  • lag spikes will cause your gacha to eat more, as during the lag spike they continue to consume food and the food consumed does not roll back.

Edit in:

in the time that it took me to convert the dust to element, I collected another 42 production crystals and 8 item crystals.

You missed important part of testing. In what time frame were those crystals produced?

2 hours ago, Luewen said:

You missed important part of testing. In what time frame were those crystals produced?

the time frame wasn't what i was testing it was the production item crystals vs item crystals, but as i stated, in the time it took me to craft 50 element from dust, i collected 42 more production crystals and 8 item crystals from them. so that was 7,560 dust collected in that short period of time, and a total of 50 gacha crystals, basically 1 crystal drop per element crafted.  My character crafting skill is 350 that made the unstable element, I know higher crafting does speed it up a little in the process of crafting them. so, if you want to get a time frame, calculate the time it takes to make one 'unstable element' then multiply that by 50, and you'll have a time frame of 7,560 dust collected.

3 hours ago, hud said:

And don't put crystalls in dedicated storage, I learned it hard way. 

by dedicated im guessing your talking about the tek storage, yeah that causes the crystals to become empty crystals,  I haven't had any issues storing crystals in a vault however, which i do with organic poly crystals when i am gathering them, best not to open them until your ready to use them.

2 hours ago, Thyme said:

This is some pretty good info, reminds me I need to get a new male ele gacha.

The one thing I wish was that gacha drops scaled with a servers harvest rate.

thanks hope it helps :) yeah it would be nice if their crystals were scaled with the harvesting rates as well when 2x pops in, be nice to get 360 dust per crystal instead :D. setting them off in pairs really is the way to go, no matter what you choose to feed them, they just work better that way, and more production with less space between gacha as well, being able to have 8 gacha in a 17x17 grid rather then 4 is defiantly better. (2 gacha take aprox 3x5 foundation spaces)

Archived