Please FIX WATER VISIBILITY

MightyBanana

I do not know where you guys are from, but I am an actual diver... I do not know who told you that you actually needed scuba to see underwater...... OCEANS /SEAS 
 used to be CLEAN, trained eyes can whitstaned the saltyness and can see clearly underwater. 

There is no polution in ARK.. adding this amount of gutter as if it was tiny sea creatures is funny and it makes zero sense. Can't enjoy underwater vissuals if the visibility is set to that crap.

21 minutes ago, MightyBanana said:

I have and clearly you haven't :D

I used to do salvage in the gulf of mexico, clocked alot of time underwater but honestly neither of us can prove our credentials in a way that can't be faked on the internet.  water visibility is completely based on the location, cloud coverage, depth, alot of things. and it's not entirely pollution based. Like i said i operated alot in the gulf of mexico and the silt and other stuff from the mississippi river often made water less than visible and it got insanely worse if there were barrier islands like the santa rosa sound or the barrier islands off of gulfport mississippi. hell a boat driving by or a disturbed larger fish or school of fish could kick up enough poop and dirt.

as for training your eyes to see underwater, yes you can improve visibility through constant exposure. with the exception being https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20160229-the-sea-nomad-children-who-see-like-dolphins

that being said, I am not really pro-cloudy water either. only that the visibility is not completely outside the realm of realism.

5 minutes ago, Kaprosuchus said:

I used to do salvage in the gulf of mexico, clocked alot of time underwater but honestly neither of us can prove our credentials in a way that can't be faked on the internet.  water visibility is completely based on the location, cloud coverage, depth, alot of things. and it's not entirely pollution based. Like i said i operated alot in the gulf of mexico and the silt and other stuff from the mississippi river often made water less than visible and it got insanely worse if there were barrier islands like the santa rosa sound or the barrier islands off of gulfport mississippi.

as for training your eyes to see underwater, yes you can improve visibility through constant exposure. with the exception being https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20160229-the-sea-nomad-children-who-see-like-dolphins

that being said, I am not really pro-cloudy water either. only that the visibility is not completely outside the realm of realism.

Thank you for stating this, to sum things up the water visibility SHOULD not be the same for allllll the levels of water and or / all the areas. Since Genisis is pretty much a water map ( as stated by wildcard ). setting visibility to be in a crappy level like the island kills the map completly for me. 

I dived in the Arabian gulf, around its tiny islands, the dead sea and Aqaba sea. I totally agree with you on the visibility part. Tons of variables play a part in it.

Yeah. I spend most of my time in the water on maps that have it and it would be nice if they added better everything for water. but i am not holding my breath.

oddly enough alot of people are terrified of the water in this game. it's why it hasn't been featured in any story map since the island and even there it was kind of just meh.

2 minutes ago, Kaprosuchus said:

Yeah. I spend most of my time in the water on maps that have it and it would be nice if they added better everything for water. but i am not holding my breath.

oddly enough alot of people are terrified of the water in this game. it's why it hasn't been featured in any story map since the island and even there it was kind of just meh.

Yep, I was pretty much turned off by the water on the Island. 
The game disconnects from time to time = your dino is lost and or dead.
The game still has stupid jelly fish that will stun you to death. 
The game still has jelly fish and the big ocrupus stuck in mesh and comes at you out of no where.. 

Water needs some balancing and tweaking. 

The problem is that due engine the whole water is drawn as same texture so unless heavily modified it aint gonna happen. Same with the fog that should not exist underwater. But as game sees the under and above water is same area just water texture between. They could change the gamma of water textures but that does not change the dirty looking water under the surface.

2 minutes ago, Luewen said:

The problem is that due engine the whole water is drawn as same texture so unless heavily modified it aint gonna happen. Same with the fog that should not exist underwater. But as game sees the under and above water is same area just water texture between.

Thank you for your comment, yep underwater fog is a joke for a game in 2020... 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2019 at 1:36 PM, Kaprosuchus said:

A little late and mildly off-topic, but most people will rather stare down a giga than stare down a plesi, mosasaur, or god forbid that squid because you have more options (including flyers), you won't suffocate when your gear breaks, and it doesn't suddenly appear in biting or grabbing range before you know its there without goggles.

Also, a lot of those underwater areas are creepier than the artifact ruins filled with bats, spiders, and centipedes.

8 hours ago, Foxkid said:

A little late and mildly off-topic, but most people will rather stare down a giga than stare down a plesi, mosasaur, or god forbid that squid because you have more options (including flyers), you won't suffocate when your gear breaks, and it doesn't suddenly appear in biting or grabbing range before you know its there without goggles.

Also, a lot of those underwater areas are creepier than the artifact ruins filled with bats, spiders, and centipedes.

I think that's why i like it.  the three dimensional aspect of the water.  on land all you have to do is get on a flyer and nothing of any consequence can really do anything about it.

• 4 weeks later...

To make things clear, go visit any island irl, you will be able to see the bottom of the ocean from above, why? THERE IS NO POLUTION and ofc many other aspects do play a part.. 

Water visibility should not be the same on all the levels, yes, the light should be darker and darker tell you reach the bottom.

Archived