Linux / Mac Patch Issues

Kinte

2 hours ago, whoareyou said:

If this means delaying new major versions by a few days or a week until patches are available for all platforms, so be it. 

This is correct. 

Since these OS share the same servers then for balance all updates must be available simultaneously. 

So delay Windows until Mac and Linux updates are ready, then release them together. It's asinine to think there is a legit valid excuse umbrella for WC to stand under here.

It's just bad business.

Linux/Mac users. Businesses only understand dollar signs, so you have to hit them there to make your point. 

Write the bad review. Refund the game if you can. Don't purchase add ons. Those are the options since obviously your words are going unnoticed. 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Kraken said:

It's being looked into guys, hang tight, if anyone can post error messages and whatnot here it'll help

2019-11-12 19:56:48: [Extinction] /mnt/gamessd/home/shooter/Extinction/ShooterGame/Binaries/Linux/ShooterGameServer: error while loading shared libraries: libaws-cpp-sdk-core.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
2019-11-12 19:56:48: [Extinction] 2019-11-12 19:56:48: Server PID: 18778
2019-11-12 19:56:53: [Extinction] 2019-11-12 19:56:53: Bad PID ''; expected '18778'
2019-11-12 19:56:53: [Extinction] 2019-11-12 19:56:53: exited with status 0

7 hours ago, whoareyou said:

but yeah sure whatever, linux is second class and we should sit in the corner and eat whatever crumbs get thrown at us (despite paying for a seat at the table

Well look at the switch version...Linux is far ahead of that platform...as far as updates are concerned.

5 hours ago, DaronFox said:

well, i checked on steam store if game is compatible for linux.. and guess.. there is information that ark survival is available for linux so i bought the game. And what now? now i cant play on ANY SERVER cuz WC sent update to servers and windows client but no for linux.

I SAW information that game will work on linux on store so i demand that is true. Shame on WC, unprofessional company ...

And yes it is compatible...Linux/Mac users just need to have patience ...demand all you want ...it's not going to make the cert process any faster ROFL .this thread is like Honda drivers complaining that a mustang is faster . U literally bought a honda . patience is a virtue. Buy a Windows PC problem solved .when my Xbox was running like poop I bought a PC. Not an outdated potato either...this is the reality of the gaming industry..

24 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

.this thread is like Honda drivers complaining that a mustang is faster . U literally bought a honda . patience is a virtue. Buy a Windows PC problem solved .when my Xbox was running like poop I bought a PC. Not an outdated potato either...this is the reality of the gaming industry..

That's SO debatable ?

Linux is as stable or as fast as any Microsoft Product, even the latter are recognizing the Open source community, hell look at their new EDGE browser, based on Chromium engine. Even Windows 10 now has Linux sub system. The issue at hand is not questioning the operating system or the underlying hardware that it talks too. That would be a can of worms without ending.

The issue is marketing a product for an OS, without committing the support that it needs.  I agree with Original Poster, however, IMO a Linux user myself. I have stopped long ago beating around the bush and just dual boot if you want to game. Or do like me if you will want to cut the MS cord and get a PS4 and keep your Linux for other stuff.

8 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

This is correct. 

Since these OS share the same servers then for balance all updates must be available simultaneously. 

So delay Windows until Mac and Linux updates are ready, then release them together. It's asinine to think there is a legit valid excuse umbrella for WC to stand under here.

It's just bad business.

Linux/Mac users. Businesses only understand dollar signs, so you have to hit them there to make your point. 

Write the bad review. Refund the game if you can. Don't purchase add ons. Those are the options since obviously your words are going unnoticed. 

If there is a critical fix needed there aint gonna be few days delays so 99% of players need to wait for patch to be finished for remaining 1%. This is just how realities lay in here. Priorities.

1 hour ago, MooseX said:

Linux is as stable or as fast as any Microsoft Product, even the latter are recognizing the Open source community, hell look at their new EDGE browser, based on Chromium engine. Even Windows 10 now has Linux sub system. The issue at hand is not questioning the operating system or the underlying hardware that it talks too. That would be a can of worms without ending.

The issue is marketing a product for an OS, without committing the support that it needs.  I agree with Original Poster, however, IMO a Linux user myself. I have stopped long ago beating around the bush and just dual boot if you want to game. Or do like me if you will want to cut the MS cord and get a PS4 and keep your Linux for other stuff.

As matter of fact some distributions of linux are actually faster than windows on same machine. As many parts of linux gets direct access to kernel etc compared to going through multiple layers like directx etc on windows.

1 hour ago, Luewen said:

If there is a critical fix needed there aint gonna be few days delays so 99% of players need to wait for patch to be finished for remaining 1%. This is just how realities lay in here. Priorities.

I imagine Wildcard has all the appropriate checks and balances in place so that they don't release patches with critical errors . . . but sure I agree, it makes sense to cuck the minority for the greater good. I honestly agree with that. 

But that's not what happens. The upgrade to 300 was to include new content for genesis, not to fix any critical issues, and that broke the game for Mac/Linux for over 2 weeks. 

12 hours ago, Luewen said:

Its not as they dont support it. Its just not priority when majority of player base are on windows. You need 2 different branches to support both as windows and linux(unix) API are not compatible from get go. So priorities need to be made. Sure if they had more developers that might be done on tandem. Its not as easy as flip some switches here. And if something goes wrong on porting the patch these is less ppl to look at it. And having support does not mean it will be patched exactly same time as majority clients. 

Consoles dont get patches at same time either as windows. But thats due certification process that they have no influence.

yes but the server software doesn't get updated for console either. you are hearing "waa we want to play with the new stuff too" but what is happening is servers are getting updated and are incompatable with the linux clients which means no playing at all so comparing it to console porting is not really accurate.  hell you can't even play unofficials if they get updated.. so it's like you suddenly can't play anything but single player.

switch ...drops the mic... everyone must wait its the pecking order !!yes it stinks !! but you can play single player as stated and if u truly love ark/Linux you will wait play the game behind on updates and such and continue to play .or you will quit move on to another game that can run on Linux better . or you will adapt so you can play this awesome survival sandbox game. yes its super frustrating I bet but im sure your issues with Linux is being worked on just gonna take some patience and time  .no one in these forums or even reading these forums can speed that process up.

these guys have it bad xD 2018 last update..

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Linux / Mac Patch Issues
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic

Archived