Losing dinos to bugs

Digger369

Losing dinos to bugs

Hi is there a way for me to get some stuff back i have lost so many dinos and gear from the game lagging crashing and bugs like dino vanishes from cryo cryo pods not coming back through oblisk ive even lost dinos that magicaly spawn outside my base and get eaten even know i put them inside the list goes on and on and ive only been playing around 3 weeks 

no way to tell for sure w/ your info here.  If you are on official servers, maybe if you can document what's lost they can sometimes replace w/ stuff w/ random stats.  If it's on a private server, it's between you and the server admin to square that away.  If you are on single player, you are pretty much hosed, aside from spawning in the animals yourself and force taming them to replace them.  Or you'd have to take a backup copy of your game everytime you play so that if something goes wrong you can go back to your backup (only work if you are on PC)

Im on offical pc server it is quite frustrating this game is awsome but nearly unplayable due to losing dinos and gear almost daily due to lag bugs and glitches for exzample the past 2 days my server has crashed more then 50 times no lie and is completely unplayable atm im am within a inch of quiting uninstalling and never playing again as i feel im wasting my time as it is no where near stable sorry for my bad spelling

7 hours ago, Cymas said:

It may be the server itself that's unreliable. Do you have a second server that you play on? I would suggest moving to a more stable server as a temporary, or possibly even permanent solution if it persists.

But there are bugs like climbing picks, for example, that will instantly kill you and destroy your inventory. You can't move to different server since all ab maps will be the same in this regard.

we've lost dinos due to bugs doing the following:

• climbing picks - insta death and no body with cryopods on it. 
  • transfering dinos in cryopods via obelisk - on arriving on the other side, pod is gone from obelisk.
  • cryopods vanishing from cryofridges - not just the dino in the pod, the whole pod, total lost dinos this way now is up to 148, 2 wyverns placed in cryofridge on valgero just randomly vanished, @GrumpyBear's trick didn't work, 146 total have vanished from fridges on island now.
  • dino's vanishing inside pods - sometimes @GrumpyBear's trick works to get these back but have had a few that are just 'gone'.
  • dino's dying randomly inside cryopods even though the fridges are in render range.
  • Mana randomly despawning and killing rider.  This has happened while in flight, as well as just sitting on mana doing nothing.
  • Server restarts that don't do a save before restarting and placing us over lava, or a watery death when returning to server.
  • Server crashes/restarts while doing boss battles/tek cave/artifact caves.
  • Server lag in artifact caves sending you over the edge into lava/death holes.

I'm sure people have lost many dino's to other things as well.

I dont want to start over in a new server due to the ammount of time i have grinded and dedicated to the one im on i would prefer to just delete the game rather then starting over and the community can be so toxic like they dont want you to progress i dont understand why the people on the server who have been there ages (alpha tribe)  would want to keep new players down it stops the growth of the game they also have hundreds of dinos out so the game lags and can become unplayable when they log in i absolutely love ark its everything i want in a game but the bugs glitches and game crashes are making it hard for me to continue to support the game not to mention the foul toxic community and there is no way for me to get some of my lost stuff back that i grinded ages to get 

And dont get me wrong about the community as there are some really cool people in there as well who have kept me coming back to the game as they are really helpful and supportive i have seen a newbie have to pay a alpha player who has been on the server for 3 years 30 cryo pods and a fridge for a anky when this person clearly does not need these items they just like to keep the new player base struggling and crawling to them what drives me to continue to play is to shut it all down by being like robin hood to the new players and help them out for free lol with doedis ankys kibble etc and help the game grow not hold it back and bully new players away i think i may have just picked the wrong server to start in as its so toxic and its pve not pvp its that toxic that the alphas all have hundreds of thousands of CP and snail farms but they continue to do dam runs along the river and leave the wood in them so they dont respawn its sickning (rant over) lol

Archived